Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Majamac

I've been reading this thread for a while and not really replying.

I've got to say I'm fairly active in the facebook group and have followed Courtney's workouts since June but I'm going back to the gym and letting my membership of her app lapse in January.

The way people speak on the group actually gets me down; a lot of girls think that this crazy leaned toned look is achievable by most people. I saw someone be called jealous and a hater for saying it's not the other day! A lot of fitness people are on PEDs (performance enhancing drugs) especially gymshark athletes (yes, even the girls) and nobody looks like a fucking body builder, even body builders. They look like that for 30mins on stage and then usually gain 30lbs after show.

They see this image online and it's totally unachievable. I saw someone saying they have a lower belly pouch the other day and I just wanted to shake her and scream; THAT'S YOUR DAMN UTERUS.

CB has improved my fitness and done wonders for making me lean and keeping me going through lockdown but I come from a place of extensive knowledge of training and fitness. As in a competitive lifter type knowledge and the amount of misinformation out there is so depressing as it brings women (and men) down to the point they hate themselves over 5 fucking lbs.

I genuinely think, whilst CB obviously is cashing in, her attitude is right; I think she genuinely wants to spread the message of eating enough and not being able to spot reduce fat blah blah BUT she's not that smart and then posts things on the contrary (like the bra bulge workout). To someone who understands nutrition and training and who doesn't have deep issues with body image (anymore!!!!) I can see this workout and think; 'cool, a chest circuit' but the majority of her followers don't see that because they're still in this horrible diet culture place. It is a bit blind leading the blind and what not and I cba funding it anymore. I've screen recorded some of my favourite HIIT workouts from the app and I'm gonna do them once or twice a week with some real life heavy lifting mixed in. Because, let's be real, her workouts don't build muscle. She built muscle over years of gym training and now she's leaning out from HIIT.

Rant over. Thank you for coming to my tedtalk.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

Shugsyshalone

VIP Member
Oh my god. Someone in the group has suggested that they all club together and buy Courtney a house warming gift for her new house, something to put in her home gym.
Maybe direct your gratitude at the thousands of NHS staff and key workers that have worked through this shit show of a year to keep your life as normal as possible!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

Glamtone11

Her and her mum look more like sisters

Whoever said her style is the “divorced auntie you keep away from your dad at parties” summed her style up perfectly 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Han95

Has anyone seen Georgia’s story “if I hear omg Courtney I do all your work outs one more time” - oh sorry that your friend is such an A lister, how very annoying for you both that people want to talk about the app that they spend their hard earned money on. Courtney’s attitude of wanting people to say hi to her in Dubai and chat lasted long. The lack of interest on her face when that guy is talking to her about it to her is LAUGHABLE. But she doesn’t do it for the money rememberrrrrrrrr

I've been reading this thread for a while and just sitting quietly agreeing with a lot of things that people have been saying. I joined the app as she seemed genuine and in the start all her followers really supported each other. I initially started to get back on track with my fitness to get back into competitive running and in the start in really worked. And for that i can't fault her. I stopped for personal reasons and was about to recontinue when I found this thread and realised I'd been muting the Facebook group continuously as everyone was getting toxic and realised it wasn't the environment I wanted supporting my mental and physical fitness/health. So many other fitness influencers/pts are so much more realistic and supportive. Courtney has become so fake and its obvious that all the success has made her become materialistic and money orientated. She had either never recovered from her ED or all the pressure had caused it to return. She was in far better shape in the middle of lockdown compared to now. She's overworked, not eating a sufficient diet and only cares about what people think about her looks than the image and support she should be giving to her followers. It looks like she is still that insecure little girl and hasn't had the right help to get back on her feet.
She has become so selfcentered and I hope a lot of the current followers realise sooner than later that they need to find a new and better way to reach their fitness goals. I've seen so many get injured and carry on training, whilst asking for and listening to incorrect advice which irks me as a sports therapist. I've also seen so many develop EDs or relapse. It's so upsetting.
On a side note, I don't think it's really fair dragging Georgia into CB drama. Yes they work together now but it isn't fair tarnishing her business and livelihood when it's CB in the limelight. Plus I agree with her annoyance. They are supposed to be on a girls break together and CB openly asked people to come and find them. That's not fair. I would prefer my personal time and space. Surely as her 'best friend' CB should be able to see this and ask people to give them privacy. But she's so self centered and loves the attention and 'fame' that's all that's important. Look at the photos she took of Georgia all blurry and she gets perfect ones in return. CB is all me me me. Can't wait till people realise and her kingdom comes crashing down.

If you've read this far me and my rant thank you 😅

Reactions: 28

Fitnessbunny2020

Chatty Member
Her post is so tone deaf. ‘We need this break more than you could ever imagine’

How someone who showers herself in luxury, materialistic items 24/7 (off the back of exploiting other women’s emotions towards their body may I add) thinks they need a break is BEYOND ME. We’re in the middle of a PANDEMIC, people are living on the breadline and doctors and nurses are working around the clock on the frontline to save people on a measly public sector salary and you think you need a break? Absolutely disgusting tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Dollybird

VIP Member
What in the BNP Boomer are those comments ?! Using the n word is fucking racist . Courtney has the whole white girl supremacy thing going on . Also you don’t get to use a racist word and then tell people not to be offended or blame it on immaturity etc .

Courtney is a white girl , she’s not mixed and there’s no excuse to use those racist comments as a social media status to project herself as “funny” or “cool” . She should hang her head in shame and the eating disorder she still and always will suffer from shouldn’t be projected as a “pocket pt” cult .

Courtney should be cancelled .

• Heart

Shugsyshalone

VIP Member
Are my calories right, they look too high? How do I use the app? I feel down because I'm not losing weight.

Yeah, I'm going to have to leave the group soon. It's quite tiresome.
Court burned 525 calories on today’s workout but my Fitbit says I only burned 520. I’m really worried I’m not working out properly?

• Haha

Milliehaha123

Chatty Member
Oh pipe the fuck down with your double standards either the words vile or it isn’t whoever uses it
You really should educate yourself on black history and the origins of the word before trying to defend racist comments. Her comments are racist and vile, doesn’t matter her age, context, situation - that’s it. End of

• Heart
Not reading through 51 pages but I am SICK of seeing this woman commenting on literally everyone female influencer’s posts with her fake positivity and niceness. Just shut the fuck up and go away.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Apples87

I think its a bit harsh calling her a racist and trying to end her career over it, it was years ago and the word is in a lot of songs, which is the type of music she listens too! Plus she’s mixed race aswel ...I can take her or leave her she doesn’t bother me but sabotaging someone’s livelihood over something they did years ago is not on
She might be mixed race but that mix is not black so she still doesn’t get to say that word. I’m not here to cancel her but she should at least own up, apologise, make amends and educate herself and her followers while she has the platform.
But she won’t or if she does it will be half arsed.

But its ok for black ppl to throw the word around willy nilly 🙄 when a word gets chucked around a lot other people tend to pick it up and use it too
Yes because they can reclaim the word and take away the negative connotation for themselves but people who have used it as a derogatory term (white people) should never use it even if they think it’s harmless. It’s like women calling themselves and their friends sluts, slags, tarts, bitches in a lighthearted way but if a man calls you it it has a different meaning. If you don’t understand this you’re too ignorant to waste anymore letters on.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Glamtone11

Does anyone else follow her FB support group? There’s a girl who’s posted asking if anyone else had missed a period since starting Courtney’s challenge....so many girls have said they’re losing their periods through over exercising and under eating, which has only started when they took part in the challenge. Really sad and dangerous culture she’s created 😔 I’ve been through an ED and her group is the exact opposite of the support you need, I find it so triggering 😣

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Fitnessbunny2020

Chatty Member
My Mum runs a local food bank service and she has at least 20 people a week at the moment ringing in despair at the fact that their children won’t even get a hot dinner this Christmas. I’d love to see Courtney stick her hand in her pocket and do something good this Christmas. But she won’t, she won’t even share anything to do with charities because she’s vain and self obsessed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

Moonbaby09

VIP Member
I have tried to look for the tweets that were posted on here and can’t find them. She must have seen this and deleted them!!!

But oh no the irony in this one...
Scroll back to page 5 on this thread all the tweets are still there 👌🏽😊 there’s no denying our Courtney is one vile absolute racist 🤮

But its ok for black ppl to throw the word around willy nilly 🙄 when a word gets chucked around a lot other people tend to pick it up and use it too
the standard reply of every low key racist 🤮😡😤 just cause black people use a word does not ever make it ok for anyone to throw it about on tweets or whatever. You are quite clearly part of the ongoing problem. Disgusted. 🤮😡😡😡

• Heart
I’ve been reading this for a while and I’ve just cancelled the app. I was really loving it at first but I have found the workouts to become a bit samey and as I have a home gym (not a fancy shed) with equipment, I'm spending my time in there more and training as aerial teacher so it’s not my goal to constantly do HIIT haha.

I mean good on her she’s done well for herself and she should be so proud! But I dunno...her last few insta stories have rubbed me up the wrong way. Times are hard right now and it just feels like she’s rubbing her new things in peoples faces.
I have noticed it’s not about fitness for her and more about aesthetics....and being materialistic. Not my thing.

Also the constant diet culture mentality is trauma setting for people that have suffered with ED - like myself. Her profile is always about making yourself smaller and I’m plus size and proud.

I personally wish her the best of luck but I’m just not down for this stuff anymore and don’t wanna support it.

Her style is so so terrible! Shorts with tights and a pleather shirt and she’s done a ‘styling’ story and just added a CD bag haha ... stick to gym gear!
This is one of the worst outfits so far! She looks like she works in waitrose lol

• Haha

Secretkady

I wasn’t a big fan until I started doing her workouts. You cannot help but like her! I feel like she’s an influencer who has really worked and deserves her success