Courtney Black

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been reading this thread for a while and not really replying.

I've got to say I'm fairly active in the facebook group and have followed Courtney's workouts since June but I'm going back to the gym and letting my membership of her app lapse in January.

The way people speak on the group actually gets me down; a lot of girls think that this crazy leaned toned look is achievable by most people. I saw someone be called jealous and a hater for saying it's not the other day! A lot of fitness people are on PEDs (performance enhancing drugs) especially gymshark athletes (yes, even the girls) and nobody looks like a bleeping body builder, even body builders. They look like that for 30mins on stage and then usually gain 30lbs after show.

They see this image online and it's totally unachievable. I saw someone saying they have a lower belly pouch the other day and I just wanted to shake her and scream; THAT'S YOUR DAMN UTERUS.

CB has improved my fitness and done wonders for making me lean and keeping me going through lockdown but I come from a place of extensive knowledge of training and fitness. As in a competitive lifter type knowledge and the amount of misinformation out there is so depressing as it brings women (and men) down to the point they hate themselves over 5 bleeping lbs.

I genuinely think, whilst CB obviously is cashing in, her attitude is right; I think she genuinely wants to spread the message of eating enough and not being able to spot reduce fat blah blah BUT she's not that smart and then posts things on the contrary (like the bra bulge workout). To someone who understands nutrition and training and who doesn't have deep issues with body image (anymore!!!!) I can see this workout and think; 'cool, a chest circuit' but the majority of her followers don't see that because they're still in this horrible diet culture place. It is a bit blind leading the blind and what not and I cba funding it anymore. I've screen recorded some of my favourite HIIT workouts from the app and I'm gonna do them once or twice a week with some real life heavy lifting mixed in. Because, let's be real, her workouts don't build muscle. She built muscle over years of gym training and now she's leaning out from HIIT.

Rant over. Thank you for coming to my tedtalk.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I’ve done a few of her workouts again over the last few weeks, unfortunately it’s potentially from a negative place because her results are like no other (personally.) I think the more I have done them though, the more I realise a lot of them are just incredibly dangerous, some of the combinations she does cause severe strain, it does make me wonder if they’ll be a lawsuit in a while.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I am starting to think that fb group is getting quite dangerous with some of the comments- one girl said she's constantly tired all the time doing 1 workout a day alongside schoolwork and a part time job- she's 17!! I really wanted to comment and tell her to stop working out but no doubt the hard-core warriors would be coming for me!

I am starting to think that fb group is getting quite dangerous with some of the comments- one girl said she's constantly tired all the time doing 1 workout a day alongside schoolwork and a part time job- she's 17!! I really wanted to comment and tell her to stop working out but no doubt the hard-core warriors would be coming for me!
please tell her!! she needs to understand it’s ok to chill tf out! if they come for you then that’s their problem

my biggest wtf on the group is people getting really upset their fit it’s/Apple Watches not working or not showing as much burnt as they would have hoped. Even saw one girl says she keeps doing workouts until it hits 600.

I stop using my Apple Watch for a couple days every so often to stop the obsession

‘Today I’ve been a pig’ -> consumed 1200 kcals.
This is not healthy and it makes me so upset, CB never comments on posts like these it’s so sad.
2BCA3F48-3D7B-4A25-90E8-C4D49A8FEFBE.jpeg
EDFA4A64-4546-41D7-9AA7-CAFF09015A6D.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
my biggest wtf on the group is people getting really upset their fit it’s/Apple Watches not working or not showing as much burnt as they would have hoped. Even saw one girl says she keeps doing workouts until it hits 600.

I stop using my Apple Watch for a couple days every so often to stop the obsession

This is not healthy and it makes me so upset, CB never comments on posts like these it’s so sad. View attachment 328250View attachment 328252
this is terrifying, can someone tag courtney in these?

Reactions: 1
I muted the group, just went to have a look and there’s idiots on there recommending turmeric tablets for knee pain! Not also STILL fools posting that they don’t wear trainers then complaining that their knees hurt. Ffs 🙄

Reactions: 2

This is not healthy and it makes me so upset, CB never comments on posts like these it’s so sad. View attachment 328250View attachment 328252
Wow this really upsets me 😔

Reactions: 3
this is terrifying, can someone tag courtney in these?
I usually reply to posts like this telling them basically to eat something. Tagging Courtney does nothing. I’m leaving the group because I can’t be arsed. It’s an echo chamber.
I got attacked for saying apple cider vinegar doesn’t help weight loss and someone sent me a study on bleeping karp.

Reactions: 4
Wow that is ricdic!! Its all very well courtney putting up posts saying no business promotions etc but how about replying to people that really need her help?!

I have been reading comments on here for a while and have never shared my opinion of it because I've never been the one to share something like this but its only coming from my experience and it seems to me that there isn't much negative feedback from Courtney's workouts unless some people are like me and are scared to put there thoughts forward. I found Courtney on Instagram in march the first lockdown and I did actually want to lose weight so I did the workouts everyday even 2, I was a size 10 so definitely not big I am now a size 6-8 I just wanted to tone up and I can tell you that I lost too much weight I lost my boobs and my bum id starve myself sometimes because her constant chat about how many calories she lost and her healthy meal plans and the calorie counter on the app is not accurate. and stuff I am 28 so I should know better than to follow such crap but I did so how many others are doing the same thing to get a Courtney body? she eats all that food so she can burn it all of in her workouts its not maintainable you cant live a healthy lifestyle by doing all them workouts a week especially the warrior Wednesday. her workouts do make you lose weight but they aren't maintainable. I only do the weighted ones now. but im very intrigued to see what she does next or what will happen to her because she cant possibly do hiit for the rest of her career. its dangerous to see that if I felt like that what is it going to do on your mental health is it really helping it like she boats about. someone needs to talk about this socially and that facebook group is the biggest culprit for it I cannot believe and cant stress enough at how toxic it is for many young women. I feel sorry for her because she seems a very lost girl living in this fantasy world and when she realises what its doing to people it will end her career. but I thought if share my thoughts on it

Reactions: 14
The comments on this thread today about the Facebook group are worrying.
I said it before and I’ll say it again......
This is what happens when you create a one-size-fits-all fitness and diet plan, where nobody has access to advice and support appropriate to their own needs.

S
I have been reading comments on here for a while and have never shared my opinion of it because I've never been the one to share something like this but its only coming from my experience and it seems to me that there isn't much negative feedback from Courtney's workouts unless some people are like me and are scared to put there thoughts forward. I found Courtney on Instagram in march the first lockdown and I did actually want to lose weight so I did the workouts everyday even 2, I was a size 10 so definitely not big I am now a size 6-8 I just wanted to tone up and I can tell you that I lost too much weight I lost my boobs and my bum id starve myself sometimes because her constant chat about how many calories she lost and her healthy meal plans and the calorie counter on the app is not accurate. and stuff I am 28 so I should know better than to follow such crap but I did so how many others are doing the same thing to get a Courtney body? she eats all that food so she can burn it all of in her workouts its not maintainable you cant live a healthy lifestyle by doing all them workouts a week especially the warrior Wednesday. her workouts do make you lose weight but they aren't maintainable. I only do the weighted ones now. but im very intrigued to see what she does next or what will happen to her because she cant possibly do hiit for the rest of her career. its dangerous to see that if I felt like that what is it going to do on your mental health is it really helping it like she boats about. someone needs to talk about this socially and that facebook group is the biggest culprit for it I cannot believe and cant stress enough at how toxic it is for many young women. I feel sorry for her because she seems a very lost girl living in this fantasy world and when she realises what its doing to people it will end her career. but I thought if share my thoughts on it
Its so true, I'm in my thirties so should really know better myself as well. I wouldn't usually do as much hiit if I was just going to the gym, def not sustainable over a long period of time. She may say low impact doesn't mean low intensity however there's too many women and young girls killing themselves to achieve this Courtney Black body. I'm only doing 1 or 2 of hers a week now and feel much better for it, like I said before Ciara London and stef fit seem to have a much better overall outlook on health and fitness and aren't putting down other brands/ nutrition companies to get their point across!

Reactions: 3
The problem is, lots of people on the group do believe they are going to get a body the same as Courtney’s from following her workouts. Courtney has a body from years spent weight training, which I believe she probably is still doing off camera otherwise she won’t have maintained the muscle especially on her quads.

S

Its so true, I'm in my thirties so should really know better myself as well. I wouldn't usually do as much hiit if I was just going to the gym, def not sustainable over a long period of time. She may say low impact doesn't mean low intensity however there's too many women and young girls killing themselves to achieve this Courtney Black body. I'm only doing 1 or 2 of hers a week now and feel much better for it, like I said before Ciara London and stef fit seem to have a much better overall outlook on health and fitness and aren't putting down other brands/ nutrition companies to get their point across!
I think that Courtney’s ‘go hard or go home’ attitude that she pushes towards fitness and diet is outdated and it isn’t how most trainers work with clients anymore because there’s a much bigger focus on mental well-being now alongside getting yourself the physique you want. Yes, by all means work hard but don’t punish yourself. Go hard or go home is completely fine if you are in a place where it is appropriate, for example if you are on prep for a competition. But for everyday life it isn’t sustainable and that’s when people burn out physically and mentally. Intense workouts 6 days a week are absolutely not needed for anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I know she is really restrictive even though she says she isn't. and what she reflects onto her ''warriors'' they will believe. I know a lot of people who have got in good shape without all of that she does its true shes had years of weight training. shes far too fast and not everyone can do them workouts as she says anyone can do them. unless you wanna look gaunt and poking ribs your not gunna live a very healthy athletic life following Courtney black. shes good for anyone who wants to lose weight that's about it. as im trying to put a bit of weight back on now. but time will tell she will slip up soon someone will say something.

Reactions: 4
Most def, when she does slip up and someone says something those warriors will no doubt come out in full force to shout down anyone that doesn't agree with

There really are no words for this....🙄🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️
That girl in particular is ridiculously obsessed with CB if you look at her posts. It’s like the obsession girls used to have over members of girl and boy bands back in the day.

That girl in particular is ridiculously obsessed with CB if you look at her posts. It’s like the obsession girls used to have over members of girl and boy bands back in the day.
Obsessed in an extreme way, some of her posts are dangerous as well

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.