Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Stimpii

VIP Member
OT but tattle baby arrived safely just after 4 this morning 💕 Although due to restrictions my partner missed the birth. I rang him to leave home and she was born 7 mins later 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 75

xoxo GG

VIP Member
This experience has taught me who matters.

I’m dumping a few friends over this, their true colours have comes out.

mine works in the medical field & vaccinations yet she doesn’t want to discuss it outside of work.
It’s the only thing to discuss! For someone close to it I think that’s a mean attitude.

I get that she wants to leave work at work but it’s a pandemic & friends should be there for one another.
I don’t blame her. Covid can be consuming for the average Joe, never mind someone who sees it day in day out. I hate talking about it with my family and friends. I hate them asking questions. I’m free to discuss it here because I can choose what conversations I participate in and what I feel like discussing. I set the tone.

It is horrendous out there. I cry after every single shift. My heart is shattered because of the sheer amount of death I’ve seen over the last few months. I’ve dialled 2222 more times than I can remember. Some days I go home, try to sleep and all I can see is my patients faces. My face is sore. My body is exhausted. Mentally I’m drained and physically I am as well.

I think it’s pretty shitty to write off a friendship because they don’t want to discuss it. For me, there’s only one attitude here, and it ain’t your friends. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70

50sGirl

VIP Member
Hospitals are at 36,489:oops:
My dad was admitted for a minor procedure last week and was negative upon admission.
He is now positive. After shielding for almost a year, the place that is meant to improve his health is the very same place that has compromised it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

Meangirl815

VIP Member
Had my father in law's funeral today so I'm just catching up on the thread and today's goings on.

A 15 people max limit, breaking the law for sitting in my mother in laws house for an hour afterwards (all socially distanced) and wearing a face mask is a funeral experience i NEVER want to suffer through again ever.
Horrible times. Horrible day.

All virtual hugs accepted 😘

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Pleased to report my grandparents had their first jab this morning and so far, so good. Slightly sore arms but other than that feeling fine which I’m relieved about as my Nan had a reaction to the flu jab the last time she had it. I popped to their doorstep to drop some things off and they were both dressed up after their 8.30am appointment and my 83yr old grandad said he “feels as fit as a butcher’s dog”. I can’t wait to be able to cuddle them again! Even if we don’t hit the mid Feb deadline we’re clearly making smashing progress. It’s one of those days I really do feel like there’s some light at the end of the tunnel.

• Heart

Ding

VIP Member
Well we have had so much snow today (possibly the most exciting thing thats going to happen for months) 😂
I had a lie in this morning, made lunch then went to meet my mum for a snow walk. We had a long catch up and was lovely.

I came back, got a warm and then decided, yes, I am 34, and yes I'm going out to build a snowman! 😂 I ended up doing a snowman family (3 of them) and stuck my face in the snow to make faceprints (saw someone do it on Tik Tok) which me n my partner found hilarious 😂
I just thought stuff it, life is for living! If the neighbours see n think I'm crazy, so what 🤷🏻‍♀️

I then had a nice bath and we ordered a takeaway and now I'm absolutely shattered!

Been such a positive day! (I think staying away from the news has helped too)

• Heart
  • Haha

Gossip2211

People need to understand that they can’t give exact days of lifting lockdown, they can’t give a definite at what point in the vaccination program numbers of cases and deaths will drop I know people want certainty but we just have to be patient

Also don’t bother ever believing anything you see in the sun

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Ive taken a panic attack 3 times in shops wearing a mask. Im medicated for poor mental health and anxiety.

I avoid going out to avoid wearing one but when I need to go inside shops I still wear a mask and I will continue to do so. I use grounding techniques to prevent myself being over whelmed.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I can't believe people here moaning and groaning about how bad 2021 will be, FFS we're in the second week of the year, come on people suck it up, man up and deal with problems as they arise...stop bloody whining "its gonna be bad" "I can't face it" grow up.

My wife left retirement and went back into nursing, I'm on the vulnerable list with lung problems, I've had to sleep a spare bedroom since March (for my safety), I've got a holiday home on Gran Canaria I've not set foot in for a year, lost two friends to C19 but sod it, I ain't moaning I'm making sure I enjoy my life as much as I can.

I really don't like self pity.
Just let people have a moan for fucks sake. Don’t like it scroll past.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

Stimpii

VIP Member
Thank you for all the lovely messages 🥰 In such a nice little world of my own at the moment, and it felt so good to finally forget about what’s going on in the world for a good 24 hours!

Deff a pregnancy and labour to remember but I always said aslong as baby arrived healthy then that was all that mattered in the end. I need to have a good cry I think about dad missing out, but even the midwives were shocked at how quickly things progressed. We came home late last night so have to share baby cuddles now. I enjoyed the fact she was just mine for a good 12 hours 🙊

• Heart

Tublet83

VIP Member

I’m dumping a few friends over this, their true colours have come out.

One works in the medical field & vaccinations yet she doesn’t want to discuss it outside of work.
It’s the only thing to discuss! For someone close to it I think that’s a mean attitude.

I get that she wants to leave work at work but it’s a pandemic & friends should be there for one another.
Honestly though I get why someone who works in it, really doesn’t want to discuss it outside of work, is it worth losing a friend over?

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I'm off for a Covid test at 6. Currently in isolation for the second fecking time and I've woke up with no sense of smell or taste and a temperature.

Absolutely fucking raging (excuse my language) girl at work has new boyfriend, been seeing him since Nov last year. Been staying at his house with his parents. She lives with her parents and brother.

His mom works in a care home. She stayed there last Monday to Thursday night. Came into work for all 4 of those days. Her boyfriends mom works in a care home. She tested positive Tuesday, her boyfriend tested positive Wednesday, she tested Thursday, was positive then she went back to her own home.

Why are people just utter fucking selfish wankbags?!?!

And breathe..... I've cried and lost it today, I can't do it anymore 😭😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

JLXRD

VIP Member
My daughter had to watch a video in science today about childbirth. All I could hear was her saying oh my God that's manky 🤣🤣.
Off topic but when I was at school we had to watch a video of a woman giving birth in science.

It was a VHS and when the teacher put it in he then had to rewind it, so before we watched we all saw it in reverse with the baby getting sucked back in 😳

I’m scarred forever 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 30

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Boris told everyone to stay in this weekend. Matt Hancock decides not to listen to his boss and instead gets mucky playing rugby with his son in a packed park. Of course people shouldn't stay in this weekend but it's not a good look for the health secretary to be seen somewhere so busy.

I cannot believe I'm going to defend a tory let alone Matt Hancock but really what has he done wrong? If he was only playing rugby with his son and no one else then realistically he's not done anything wrong? That's within the rules. Yes the park is busy but everyone looks pretty distanced to me. Doesn't look like a major gathering. What's he suppose to do not let his son out of the house all weekend? Kids need exercise, they need to run around.

I also had to click on a daily mail article to read it properly before I commented on this. This is a sad day for me. Going to have a long stare at the ceiling and contemplate how I ended up reading the daily fail and defending tories :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 29

ELFILY

VIP Member
My Irish Nan (80) got her vaccine today from a very lovely Irish Nurse who apparently was charmed by my grandad (79 so wasn’t due his vaccine yet) so she gave him his vaccine too! What a lovely woman!

• Heart
Reactions: 27

jazyblu

Chatty Member

I’m dumping a few friends over this, their true colours have come out.

One works in the medical field & vaccinations yet she doesn’t want to discuss it outside of work.

Honestly the same goes the other way. If she’s around it all the time and finds it overwhelming to discuss outside work, particularly if you think it’s all there is to discuss you might be bringing it up way too much. If you insist on bringing something up that she doesn’t want to talk about you aren’t being there for her either.
Sounds like you might be best dropping the subject with her and discuss covid with others instead. Rather than you both being miserable and unsupported by not understanding the others point of view.

Reactions: 26