Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is it that the Government refuse to ban plane travel? There is no need whatsoever for people to be travelling from country to country apart from lorry drivers. No holidays should be taken end of. Nobody needs to travel for a meeting with ZOOM and other meeting platforms. This loophole has been insane since last March.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
After all of these stories of people catching COVID in hospitals I am now starting to worry about my hospital appointment next week. It’s to rule out breast cancer, hopefully, which is quite serious. Is it people who have to stay at the hospital who seem to catch it or even people going for appointments?
I probably not helped by MIL telling me every day not to go and to postpone 😔
My dad was put in a ward where there were Covid patients apparently so he was thrown into the lion’s den. He is also extremely clinically vulnerable.

My husband had a day procedure last year and was at the hospital for an afternoon. He was tested 4 days prior and on the day he had to wait in the car until they called him. Inside he only saw the staff that were dealing with him (didn’t see any other patients at all) and they all had PPE and he had to wear a mask at all times.
You should go for your appointment. Good luck.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Sorry to sound ignorant but what actually are the exemptions for mask wearing? People with severe learning disabilities, extreme anxiety?
They’re all legitimate of course but it annoys me when perfectly healthy people complain you can’t breathe properly when a standard fabric cloth isn’t going to suffocate you!
I always thought it was if you had a respiratory disease that affected your breathing. However, being in retail, it "apparently" covers everything from a broken wrist to fibromyalgia. There's a woman (about 40's) round the corner from me that has a lanyard for exemption because she says that masks scare her. No learning disabilities or anxiety, just that masks scare her. Now maybe that's true, and I feel for her, but when I see her talking to someone who has (as one poster the other day called it a "penis nose" - still cracks me up!) I just think, well....

• Wow
Reactions: 5
After all of these stories of people catching COVID in hospitals I am now starting to worry about my hospital appointment next week. It’s to rule out breast cancer, hopefully, which is quite serious. Is it people who have to stay at the hospital who seem to catch it or even people going for appointments?
I had to take my son for an overnight appt last week. Felt perfectly safe, all staff were masked up and social distancing was observed we have many ladies that come into our hospital to have their baby and we have not had any instances where they have have caught it from hospital. I would happily go to an outpatients appt, and last march I couldn't even go into a hospital for fear of catching it. There's more risk if you don't attend.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My dad was admitted for a minor procedure last week and was negative upon admission.
He is now positive. After shielding for almost a year, the place that is meant to improve his health is the very same place that has compromised it.
I’m so sorry to hear that I know you were a stickler for the rules to keep him safe, I hope he makes a speedy recovery x

Reactions: 6
A poster on here is unable to wear a mask so wears a visor. At least they are doing what they can in the circumstances.
But there's no difference between wearing a visor and not wearing one.

If you can't wear a mask, don't wear one but a visor offers zero protection for anyone.

I always thought it was if you had a respiratory disease that affected your breathing. However, being in retail, it "apparently" covers everything from a broken wrist to fibromyalgia. There's a woman (about 40's) round the corner from me that has a lanyard for exemption because she says that masks scare her. No learning disabilities or anxiety, just that masks scare her. Now maybe that's true, and I feel for her, but when I see her talking to someone who has (as one poster the other day called it a "penis nose" - still cracks me up!) I just think, well....
My husband has anxiety and depression and had a panic attack while wearing one once, he could technically be exempt. But he wears one all day every day at his job. I think there is a very small number of people who cannot wear one to do their weekly shop and I’m glad the shops are being stricter but you don’t have to provide proof.

So if you already have that attitude of not wearing one because you don’t like it, you not going to do it now.

Reactions: 12
My dad was admitted for a minor procedure last week and was negative upon admission.
He is now positive. After shielding for almost a year, the place that is meant to improve his health is the very same place that has compromised it.
Same with my friend's father.

• Sad
Saw this on Facebook and I couldn’t agree more

What Nicola should really have said
‘So, here we go again. I’m on your tv telling you things are going to be tit for a while. And yes that’s what I’m doing. I’m stopping you from going out, from seeing your friends and loved ones. You think that makes me a bad person. But you know what; this job isn’t easy. All I’m doing is trying to please you lot and stop you all dying at the same time. I give you rules, you break them. I ease things a bit, you take the piss. You are all a bunch of ungrateful selfish human beings and I’m now at the point where I’m only inflicting more rules because you idiots are putting ridiculous pressure on the NHS, by ignoring the things I have asked you nicely to do. You all think you are a scientist, doctors, experts. You aren’t. Neither am I. But I am taking advice from the best in this country and doing my best to please you all. So stop being so selfish.. yes it’s boring, it’s getting old, but it won’t go away if you all continue to throw your toys out of your pram. Grow up. Take responsibility for yourself and your so-called loved ones and do as you are asked!! And it doesn’t matter what Government is in charge it would still be the same we are Damned if we do and we are Damned if we don’t so take Responsibility for yourselfs and bloody Stay at Home it won’t kill you to stay at home but the virus could.......
You are welcome to copy, and paste
If you are not afraid to put your name above this statement.
I have.👏🙌🙏🙏🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 17

‘So, here we go again. I’m on your tv telling you things are going to be tit for a while. And yes that’s what I’m doing. I’m stopping you from going out, from seeing your friends and loved ones. You think that makes me a bad person. But you know what; this job isn’t easy. All I’m doing is trying to please you lot and stop you all dying at the same time. I give you rules, you break them. I ease things a bit, you take the piss. You are all a bunch of ungrateful selfish human beings and I’m now at the point where I’m only inflicting more rules because you idiots are putting ridiculous pressure on the NHS, by ignoring the things I have asked you nicely to do. You all think you are a scientist, doctors, experts. You aren’t. Neither am I. But I am taking advice from the best in this country and doing my best to please you all. So stop being so selfish.. yes it’s boring, it’s getting old, but it won’t go away if you all continue to throw your toys out of your pram. Grow up. Take responsibility for yourself and your so-called loved ones and do as you are asked!! And it doesn’t matter what Government is in charge it would still be the same we are Damned if we do and we are Damned if we don’t so take Responsibility for yourselfs and bloody Stay at Home it won’t kill you to stay at home but the virus could.......
I have.👏🙌🙏🙏🙏
I read that in Jane Godleys voice

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I haven’t posted on here in a while. But I’ve been reading most days. My partner went into hospital for an Endoscopy 2 weeks ago. She was tested for covid before she went and was negative. she Felt very safe during to procedure and has not had any covid symptoms at all since. She was fine. Just wanted to reassure you. Of course the choice is yours. But just wanted to reply to you.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ive taken a panic attack 3 times in shops wearing a mask. Im medicated for poor mental health and anxiety.

I avoid going out to avoid wearing one but when I need to go inside shops I still wear a mask and I will continue to do so. I use grounding techniques to prevent myself being over whelmed.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

I have.👏🙌🙏🙏🙏
Is this from a Janey Godley video?

I read that in Jane Godleys voice
Her book is impossible to not read in her voice 😂

Reactions: 1
My husband has anxiety and depression and had a panic attack while wearing one once, he could technically be exempt. But he wears one all day every day at his job. I think there is a very small number of people who cannot wear one to do their weekly shop and I’m glad the shops are being stricter but you don’t have to provide proof.

So if you already have that attitude of not wearing one because you don’t like it, you not going to do it now.
I do think a lot of it is psychological, and I understand that because this time last year, none of us wore face coverings at all, so having to wear something which covers both nose and mouth can be pretty anxiety inducing. But weigh that against protecting other people, protecting yourself, and doing that for maybe half an hour - two hours a day (out of 24 hours) (I'm talking about doing the shopping, by the way - not having to wear a mask for work duties) I think it should be considered in the same way as grabbing a tote bag instead of buying a plastic. one.
I hope that makes sense - I'm drinking wine at the moment ;)

Ive taken a panic attack 3 times in shops wearing a mask. Im medicated for poor mental health and anxiety.

I avoid going out to avoid wearing one but when I need to go inside shops I still wear a mask and I will continue to do so. I use grounding techniques to prevent myself being over whelmed.
I actually adore people like you. Thank you for making the effort x

Reactions: 14

You should be really proud of yourself, I don’t just mean the mask wearing I mean using techniques to overcome something that causes you panic attacks. It is so hard to do I’m truly in awe. I hope that your mental health and anxiety continue to improve, you’ve got a good foundation for knowing you have tools to tackle these things xx

Reactions: 13

That’s really admirable. Well done. Take care

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.