Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Nope, sorry managers and staff are not necessarily "turning a blind eye to people ot wearing masks correctly" or not wearing them at all...the problem is the verbal abuse that gets launched at them if they do say something. Why is it the people that work in shops are expected to "challenge" people/fools. Why cant people just do what is expected of them?

This has been going on for nearly a year now, yet every day some idiot questions why we are counting people in, why they have to distance, what do you mean i have to queue, what do you mean its a one way system in and out. Repeat for rest of day etc.
My argument is that if your health is that bad that you cannot breathe wearing a mask, then should you really be putting yourself at risk by going to the shops anyway? Shouldn’t you be shielding?
The lanyards are a complete joke - anyone can print one off.

Edit: or why not wear a visor?

Last edited:
Reactions: 26

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I have just found out that my great uncle is in the ICU with Covid. He has COPD and is struggling to breathe, he’s on oxygen. My Grandad (his brother) died of Covid back in October. My Mum is very worried.

• Sad
  • Heart

Annie65

VIP Member
I can't believe people here moaning and groaning about how bad 2021 will be, FFS we're in the second week of the year, come on people suck it up, man up and deal with problems as they arise...stop bloody whining "its gonna be bad" "I can't face it" grow up.

My wife left retirement and went back into nursing, I'm on the vulnerable list with lung problems, I've had to sleep a spare bedroom since March (for my safety), I've got a holiday home on Gran Canaria I've not set foot in for a year, lost two friends to C19 but sod it, I ain't moaning I'm making sure I enjoy my life as much as I can.

I really don't like self pity.
Harsh! People are entitled to have a moan and a worry. No matter how small it might look in other people’s eyes. That’s what this forum is for. Its to have opinions but also to find some support on here as we are all going trough the same. This last year has been incredibly hard for a lot of us. A lot of people have lost family, friends or colleagues. A lot have lost their jobs and are now financially unstable. A lot are struggling with home schooling and having their kids at home 24/7. A lot are struggling with the fact they won’t see another holiday soon, or won’t be able to go on another holiday for a long time. Everyone worries about different things that matter to them and can have a huge impact on their mental health.
We all appreciate your wife coming out of retirement and helping out. She’s a hero. But don’t belittle others and their personal situations.
be grateful you got a second home as many are struggling to keep 1 roof above their head.

• Heart

Chateau Marmont

Should never expect anything from the Daily Mail, I know, but their attempt at vilifying the homeless for being given the covid jab ahead of the over 70s as though it's something the homeless demanded or should turn down has made me feel sick. The most depressing thing is it has worked...the comment section on that article is one of the most appalling displays of inhumanity I've ever seen.

There needs to be proper regulation of the press in the UK. The way they actively stir hatred should not be legal.

• Sad

LittleMy

VIP Member
This experience has taught me who matters.

I’m dumping a few friends over this, their true colours have come out.

One works in the medical field & vaccinations yet she doesn’t want to discuss it outside of work.
It’s the only thing to discuss! For someone close to it I think that’s a mean attitude.

I get that she wants to leave work at work but it’s a pandemic & friends should be there for one another.
I think that’s ridiculous tbh. I don’t blame your friend for not wanting to discuss it outside of work. When you are constantly surrounded by talk of the same subject, it can become too much. It can affect you mentally. Maybe they just want to forget about it for a while and talk about something normal.

Reactions: 25

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I had my first check up (via phone for obvious reasons) for my Crohn’s Disease today since diagnosis. I am somewhat of a medical miracle according to my Consultant. They have no understanding of why I am feeling so “well” considering how aggressive my disease first presented. They would have expected me to have been prescribed double the amount of immunosuppressive medicine by now and also be on vitamin infusions. I have also been told that the likelihood of me ending up with a bag is unlikely because of where my Crohn’s is located. Someone must be looking out for me up there. 😇💖 Some positive news in an otherwise shitty world!

However, they do want me to have an MRI scan as I have a small hole in my small intestine. I guess they want to see whether it’s changed size etc. I’m not sure how I feel about going to a hospital at the moment...I am hoping I get my jab before the appointment happens (as I’ve been shielding due to being extremely clinically vulnerable).

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Awhenny

VIP Member
Nope, sorry managers and staff are not necessarily "turning a blind eye to people ot wearing masks correctly" or not wearing them at all...the problem is the verbal abuse that gets launched at them if they do say something. Why is it the people that work in shops are expected to "challenge" people/fools. Why cant people just do what is expected of them?

This has been going on for nearly a year now, yet every day some idiot questions why we are counting people in, why they have to distance, what do you mean i have to queue, what do you mean its a one way system in and out. Repeat for rest of day etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

JLXRD

VIP Member
Think this is the most bored I’ve ever been.

I’ve watched all there is to watch, read loads, baked everything I wanna bake, done my exercise for the day. Can’t even boredom eat as I’m eating healthy. The thought of a zoom quiz or something is just not appealing.

Weekends feel like such an endless stretch of time at the moment. Cannot wait for this to end, not because I’m even sad but I’m just SO bored.

ELFILY

VIP Member
I can’t wait for my one and a half year old to finally form a relationship with my mum and dad! He was 10 months when we first went into lockdown and only saw them twice over the summer but he literally doesn’t know them, it makes me so sad because we only live 20 minutes away. But that’s what I’m looking forward to the most!

• Heart
  • Sad

RoseBush23

For anyone who is feeling low and things would get back to normal- just watched itv news and Gurnsey is back to normal, hugging, pubs, concert, it’s all to come for us ❤

• Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
This thread is making me feel like my parents are arguing and I'm talking shit jokes to try and lighten the mood in the house 😂

Screenshot_20210116_195825.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Just seen something about Piers Morgan going to Antigua for Christmas.

Now I’m not really bothered what people do within the rules because if it’s that bad it shouldn’t be allowed but...

Piers Morgan has been the preachiest fucker about how it’s not that hard to stay at home and yet goes off to spend Christmas abroad? It’s so hypocritical.

Follow the rules guys and stay at home unless you have money 🙃

caterday28

Chatty Member
Does anyone else feel guilty for finding the pandemic so difficult when others have it worse? I've not had any family members catch it let alone become seriously ill or die. I can work from home. I'm introverted and don't do much socially anyway. I'm in the same financial position I was previously. I have no children to be home schooled... yet I'm starting to struggle a lot, and it feels selfish given my circumstances.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

liar liar

VIP Member
Why is it that the Government refuse to ban plane travel? There is no need whatsoever for people to be travelling from country to country apart from lorry drivers. No holidays should be taken end of. Nobody needs to travel for a meeting with ZOOM and other meeting platforms. This loophole has been insane since last March.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

JLXRD

VIP Member
Another article in the daily mail about new restrictions ( estate agents being shut etc).
Where are they getting these “leaks” from?
Considering they haven’t been tightened since the lockdown was announced, though DM has said they will, I’m inclined to say they are making it up 😅

‘A source close to the government said’ is now code for ‘we don’t have a story today so here’s something we fabricated, enjoy your anxiety!’ 😬

Reactions: 22