Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another article in the daily mail about new restrictions ( estate agents being shut etc).
Where are they getting these “leaks” from?

Last edited:
Just a late thought, but how will the (potential) "covid passport" work with employment and jobs? Would not having a certificate prevent you from getting a job? I haven't read anything about it - just the last couple of posts in the last thread, but I would be interested to know just how they will try and implement this.

Reactions: 3
Another article in the daily mail about new restrictions ( estate agents being shut etc).
Where are they getting these “leaks” from?
Considering they haven’t been tightened since the lockdown was announced, though DM has said they will, I’m inclined to say they are making it up 😅

‘A source close to the government said’ is now code for ‘we don’t have a story today so here’s something we fabricated, enjoy your anxiety!’ 😬

Reactions: 22
I see the US are now following the UK with the requirement for negative test to re-enter the country.

Reactions: 6
Just a late thought, but how will the (potential) "covid passport" work with employment and jobs? Would not having a certificate prevent you from getting a job? I haven't read anything about it - just the last couple of posts in the last thread, but I would be interested to know just how they will try and implement this.
I think pressure will be put on people that if you don't want to protect those you work for by taking the covid you should look for another job....

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I see the US are now following the UK with the requirement for negative test to re-enter the country.
Ireland have brought it in too starting from this weekend I think .

Last edited:
I went to collect a Boots order today and there was a lady infront of me talking to the cashier. She was saying she couldn't believe how quiet it was and that it was like a ghost town. She seemed genuinely surprised and shocked 😂
I thought, errrrm, we are in a national lockdown, of course it should be like a ghost town (although imo town wasn't as quiet as I was expecting!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm finding things are pretty normal around here to be honest, I haven't been anywhere more than about 3 miles from home but everywhere seems pretty much normal with face masks on. I don't know if people are really taking this lockdown seriously because we're all so worn out.

Reactions: 12
My local area has been pretty quiet when I'm out midweek - shops, butchers, greengrocers all seem fairly empty when I'm out for a walk at lunch time. The weather seems to be playing a big part though. The park near our house is packed when its even a bit sunny but yesterday was super grey and wet and so completely empty.

We went to a different country park at the weekend though, it was jammed. Its local to us and one of our favourite places to walk but seems filled with people driving to it now during lockdown. Im not surprised and wouldnt begrudge anyone their exercise, just making me reconsider where we should be walking now. Especially on weekends.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I thought the vaccine didn't stop you catching the virus, but prevented the horrific effects it now gives. I don't know whether it would therefore stop it being passed on to others.

Reactions: 10
Maybe I’m the one being dense here, but I just can’t understand what on earth the point of trialling a vaccine passport during a lockdown would be?

The DM article says they’ve pumped a whopping £75k into the initiative so far, so it’s not going to be much of a trial! That won’t even cover the cost of a few internal letters for our government!

I thought so......interesting implications for the future I think.
Ultimately it’s just another way to get rid of people when jobs are few and far between. It also means they can reduce the perks and expect more from people.

I thought the vaccine didn't stop you catching the virus, but prevented the horrific effects it now gives. I don't know whether it would therefore stop it being passed on to others.
It doesn’t, it just give the body the antibodies to be prepared instead of having to make them it’s self therefore reduces your chance of becoming ill. They still aren’t sure if it stops you passing it on, as it’s highly contagious I would suspect you can easily be a carrier.

Maybe I’m the one being dense here, but I just can’t understand what on earth the point of trialling a vaccine passport during a lockdown would be?

The DM article says they’ve pumped a whopping £75k into the initiative so far, so it’s not going to be much of a trial! That won’t even cover the cost of a few internal letters for our government!
There are a lot more important things they need to pump money into right now, no one is going anywhere so who needs a passport. If you’ve had the vaccine you’ve got a card that’s meant to be kept with you.

Reactions: 4

Honestly seems like media twisting it to get a story. I haven't seen it referred to as a 'passport' in any official capacity with regards to the study, this worded by the writer or the article.
Also 75k? Do people really think a trial for the sort of immunity passport that is going to be used for controlling people, tracking them and refusing them jobs or access to services could even be trialled on a measly 75k??
This is clearly just some sort of more up to date way of medical records being recorded via an app. The first several million people to receive this vaccine will only have a piece of paper to record their date and batch number.

Personally the entire NHS medical record system needs to be dragged into the 21st century imo, a much more streamlined online system needs to be widely in use. For example it baffles me that in 2021 so trusts do paper notes for your pregnancy book??

I'm sure that would just play into the conspiracy theorists hands though.

There are a lot more important things they need to pump money into right now, no one is going anywhere so who needs a passport. If you’ve had the vaccine you’ve got a card that’s meant to be kept with you.
There is always an argument that money needs to be spent on other things but if that is always the line then innovation would never happen. I don't think carrying a piece of paper with you at all times is really the best way to record something in 2021.
75k to trial something better than a scribbled on piece of paper is literally nothing.

Reactions: 11
Honestly seems like media twisting it to get a story. I haven't seen it referred to as a 'passport' in any official capacity with regards to the study, this worded by the writer or the article.
Also 75k? Do people really think a trial for the sort of immunity passport that is going to be used for controlling people, tracking them and refusing them jobs or access to services could even be trialled on a measly 75k??
This is clearly just some sort of more up to date way of medical records being recorded via an app. The first several million people to receive this vaccine will only have a piece of paper to record their date and batch number.

Personally the entire NHS medical record system needs to be dragged into the 21st century imo, a much more streamlined online system needs to be widely in use. For example it baffles me that in 2021 so trusts do paper notes for your pregnancy book??

I'm sure that would just play into the conspiracy theorists hands though.
Israel said the reason their vaccine program was going so well was because of their modern fully electronic medical records. Though I appreciate their population is different to the UK. But we need to bring the NHS into the modern world not the 1980s.

I went for my smear in December, they have no record of the surgery or ongoing treatment for HPV I had in 2008! Madness.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Israel said the reason their vaccine program was going so well was because of their modern fully electronic medical records. Though I appreciate their population is different to the UK. But we need to bring the NHS into the modern world not the 1980s.

I went for my smear in December, they have no record of the surgery or ongoing treatment for HPV I had in 2008! Madness.
I remember being told the last time I moved that I had to wait 3 weeks after registering with the doctor before I could book an appointment because I needed to wait until my old practice POSTED my notes over! How the F are we still relying so heavily on PAPER medical notes in this day and age? Never mind the volume of storage needed for that and how easily they could be lost.

A more streamlined online system would save the NHS money in the long run. You could get an app notification when you are due a new smear or when a 10 year booster jab is about to expire etc.

This is being started in some degree now, but it is crazy it isn't universal.

Reactions: 18
[QUOTE="jazyblu, post: 3508106, member: 155860"

[/QUOTE]

I agree I went to my local hospital to have some scans having had previous issues at university where I attended my uni hospital - because they were not the same trust they couldn’t access my previous scan results or blood results to verify it was the same issue. It needs updating and streamlining to be much more effective!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.