Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dressed as Buzz Lightyear imagine he had to be carted to hospital like that 😂

He is 😂
at this stage everything is so wildly ridiculous between this story, Kanye and Jeffree Star having a fling, that whole thing with Trump, you could tell me that I'd just woken up, it was all a dream and we're actually still in 2020 and I'd honestly believe you :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Same! Mine get maths, English and ‘topic work’ we often skip the topic work tbh. My yr3 child’s maths this week was crazy hard, I felt so dumb. Whereas my yr1 child’s maths is super easy, but really convoluted in how they find answers to simple questions, number lines, 10 grids, splitting etc. I mean, how hard is it to find the answer to 9+8 that you need so many methods to solve it🤣

That meme of that guy showing old vs new maths is so accurate.
This is so true, I've been sharing my year 2 childs simple sums on our family WhatsApp group, there are 3 accountants in this group and they all think the way they have to work them out is absurd.
My son hates it because he knows the answer but has to do 3 seperate sums to get to it 😑🤣
I would love to know what clever dick decided to change the maths curriculum to this fuckery, I really would 👊🏻🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The best thing to have come out of this crappy situation has to be the memes 😂🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 19
at this stage everything is so wildly ridiculous between this story, Kanye and Jeffree Star having a fling, that whole thing with Trump, you could tell me that I'd just woken up, it was all a dream and we're actually still in 2020 and I'd honestly believe you :ROFLMAO:
I saw Mrs Hinch has quit Insta anyone know if it's true ?

This is so true, I've been sharing my year 2 childs simple sums on our family WhatsApp group, there are 3 accountants in this group and they all think the way they have to work them out is absurd.
My son hates it because he knows the answer but has to do 3 seperate sums to get to it 😑🤣
I would love to know what clever dick decided to change the maths curriculum to this fuckery, I really would 👊🏻🤣
I don't have kids so don't have to do this, thank heavens. I was really perplexed when my sister (who does have kids) told me they aren't allowed to use the rounding method for more difficult situations like 6 x 37. I would round the 37 up to 40, so 6 x 40 = 240 minus 6 x 3 to allow for the 3 added to 37. So 6 x 37 = 222 - that method is so easy but apparently it's banned?!

By the way, I bloody hate maths. Ah, that feels better now I've got that off my chest. 😀

Reactions: 8
God help me if my child ever has to rely on me for help with maths. That’s OH’s forte. I still count on my fingers. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was able to get my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday at work. I'm feeling fine except for a sore arm at the injection site. The shot itself felt no different than a flu shot. I'll still be wearing a mask and social distancing. No one truly knows who has been vaccinated or not when out in public. We have a long way to go in America in terms of getting shots in arms. There doesn't seem to be a set protocol for vaccine administration and several different places are going to be offering vaccines including the big name brand pharmacies, little pharmacies and health clinics in supermarkets, and county health departments.

I work in a hospital so we have the equipment and infrastructure for the cold storage vaccines. I worry about non-hospital sites simply for logistics and time frames. These cold storage vaccines are not like other vaccines. How is that going to work in a retail or supermarket pharmacy setting? Those places are small to begin with and you're going to have lots of people standing around in line waiting. I've heard they want to try drive through vaccinations but then you have a line of cars. Let's say a daugther takes her 85 year old mother to get the vaccine at a drive through site. They wait in line in their car and after all that the 85 year old is the only one able to get the vaccine. Why can't we just give the vaccine to the non 80+ person(s) who is also there? I understand the phases. Without them it would be a mass free for all but from what I've heard from family members in other states even these phased rollouts are a mess.

Reactions: 8
I don't have kids so don't have to do this, thank heavens. I was really perplexed when my sister (who does have kids) told me they aren't allowed to use the rounding method for more difficult situations like 6 x 37. I would round the 37 up to 40, so 6 x 40 = 240 minus 6 x 3 to allow for the 3 added to 37. So 6 x 37 = 222 - that method is so easy but apparently it's banned?!

By the way, I bloody hate maths. Ah, that feels better now I've got that off my chest. 😀
You say that method is easy but that seems so much more complicated to me, and time consuming.

For anyone doing home schooling and doing some of their own things or just looking for something a little bit different then look at different zoos. I know that Edinburgh Zoo are doing some learning activities and this week is panda based. There are also all the live webcams available if you want to see some animals.

Reactions: 5
I was able to get my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday at work. I'm feeling fine except for a sore arm at the injection site. The shot itself felt no different than a flu shot. I'll still be wearing a mask and social distancing. No one truly knows who has been vaccinated or not when out in public. We have a long way to go in America in terms of getting shots in arms. There doesn't seem to be a set protocol for vaccine administration and several different places are going to be offering vaccines including the big name brand pharmacies, little pharmacies and health clinics in supermarkets, and county health departments.

I work in a hospital so we have the equipment and infrastructure for the cold storage vaccines. I worry about non-hospital sites simply for logistics and time frames. These cold storage vaccines are not like other vaccines. How is that going to work in a retail or supermarket pharmacy setting? Those places are small to begin with and you're going to have lots of people standing around in line waiting. I've heard they want to try drive through vaccinations but then you have a line of cars. Let's say a daugther takes her 85 year old mother to get the vaccine at a drive through site. They wait in line in their car and after all that the 85 year old is the only one able to get the vaccine. Why can't we just give the vaccine to the non 80+ person(s) who is also there? I understand the phases. Without them it would be a mass free for all but from what I've heard from family members in other states even these phased rollouts are a mess.
Is there any news on whether you will get further vaccines approved soon in the US, for example the Oxford one would resolve the storage issues at super markets etc as it can be stored in a normal fridge?

Not sure if it’s being assessed yet or considered for approval?

I fly back to England from South Africa later tonight, and despite having negative PCR test results from a day ago, along with accepting the need to self isolate when I do get home, I can't help feeling like a leper to some of my so-called friends.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I fly back to England from South Africa later tonight, and despite having negative PCR test results from a day ago, along with accepting the need to self isolate when I do get home, I can't help feeling like a leper to some of my so-called friends.
Sometimes things come up in life and you end up having to evaluate who you want around you. If you're feeling that way then maybe it's time to reduce contact. Friends are meant to pick you up, not bring you down, there's enough other tit in life that'll do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sometimes things come up in life and you end up having to evaluate who you want around you. If you're feeling that way then maybe it's time to reduce contact. Friends are meant to pick you up, not bring you down, there's enough other tit in life that'll do that.
why are they treating you like that?
Are they jealous?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.