Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely shameful week for the Republic of Ireland.
between the mother and baby homes, sky rocketing figures, none existent vaccines and constant government blame dodging and excuses it’s a dark time for sure.

at least Mehole Martin clarified the Paddy’s day parade plans for 2021.
”agh, not a chance” 😆

Reactions: 4
She really should have isolated after the mum tested positive on the Tuesday! Silly girl!
She's not even a girl, she's 28 and she should bleeping know better, absolute knob head.

Our manager has sent out countless texts about how we need to follow guidance outside of work and we all are, apart that from her. We've even had to close work for 10 days as not enough staff to open

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Had my father in law's funeral today so I'm just catching up on the thread and today's goings on.

A 15 people max limit, breaking the law for sitting in my mother in laws house for an hour afterwards (all socially distanced) and wearing a face mask is a funeral experience i NEVER want to suffer through again ever.
Horrible times. Horrible day.

All virtual hugs accepted 😘

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Had my father in law's funeral today so I'm just catching up on the thread and today's goings on.

A 15 people max limit, breaking the law for sitting in my mother in laws house for an hour afterwards (all socially distanced) and wearing a face mask is a funeral experience i NEVER want to suffer through again ever.

sending hugs and lots of love! Like the loss isn't painful enough but having that on top it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I said to my husband only today that losing someone and having to bury them in these circumstances just doesn’t bare thinking about. I’m sorry for your loss and the strangeness of today on top of how hard a funeral is even in the best of circumstances. I hope that you can lean on each other to grieve and that in time, when things are back to normal, you will all be able to properly be together to celebrate his memory the way it should be. Be gentle with yourself ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Good hand hygiene! As you say if it puts you at ease, that’s great!
It annoys me when people criticise me about it, even now after hearing that from Boris I’ll still get people telling me I’m being stupid. I don’t expect them to do it but just let me get on with doing it in my own home!
It's not something I do but I'd never criticise those that do. You do whatever you need to. If it makes you feel safer then go for it. I get told I use too much hand sanitiser and that I wash my hands excessively but it makes me feel better so I don't intend on stopping x

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Big hugs lovely x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you, it is helpful to hear that. I am one of those people who have anxiety and I keep seeing the scare stories and thinking oh god I just know if it’s going to happen to anyone it will happen to me 🙄😬 my husband on the other hand would have his right now if he could but that might also be helped by the fact he doesn’t use Facebook or Instagram and barely looks at the news whereas I fall down rabbit holes. I am really glad to hear that you’re feeling fine. As I said on here a few days ago my husbands friend is on oxygen in hospital with covid at the moment and is only 39 with no underlying conditions that we are aware of, so I am really worried about getting it and I’m also just as worried about long covid as I am the vaccine. It’s just a lot to think about and I’ve fallen victim to some of the scaremongering but I am trying to balance that up the other way. Take me back to last year when the biggest decision I had to make was quarter pounder with cheese or McChicken sandwich 😩
I'm with your husband all the way - I'd roll up my sleeve and have the vaccine right now if I could.

Reactions: 5
My daughter had to watch a video in science today about childbirth. All I could hear was her saying oh my God that's manky 🤣🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
My daughter had to watch a video in science today about childbirth. All I could hear was her saying oh my God that's manky 🤣🤣.
Off topic but when I was at school we had to watch a video of a woman giving birth in science.

It was a VHS and when the teacher put it in he then had to rewind it, so before we watched we all saw it in reverse with the baby getting sucked back in 😳

I’m scarred forever 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 30
How long is this going to take? Will schools even be back before the summer :confused:

• Sad
neither have I and I still haven't got it either. In all honesty and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone doing it or anyone who's had covid, or be blasé but I'd rather take my chances with the virus. That would drive me absolutely stir crazy! If I think too much about germs I won't leave the house. I hate people in my home as it is!

ETA: I don't wash my hands after handling things either. I sanitise while out and about, although I've got gloves on as it's 1 degrees here. I don't wash my hands when I come into the house. I'm not trying to be a dick I just don't think about it. Still not had it though
I'm keeping things in perspective. I've always washed my hands after coming in from being out of the house. I drew the line at wiping down groceries and taking food out of original packaging and putting it in something else. That's too far IMO and will only lead to paranoia. However, the continuing spread of Covid makes me wonder what people were doing (or were not doing) pre-Covid. I know there are studies out there saying we antibac too much and antibac resistance but basic handwashing can do a lot in prevention.

I saw someone in the store today with a mask underneath their chin. They obviously had it up to enter the store but then pulled it down to shop. We're never going to get a handle on this is in America. I hate to sound so pessimistic but I've lost count at the number of chin maskers and improper masks that don't cover the nose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

Big hug. We had a funeral today too but it was taking place abroad so could only attend virtually. A similarly horrible experience that I don't want to repeat either. I feel like the grief felt will last for a long time until we can be with family properly and offer condolences in hugs rather than at a distance.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
He pointed out (I’ve said this all along and been laughed at by so many people) that you can not only get covid by standing too near an infected person but also by handling something they have handled!

This is why I quarantine my post, wipe over my shopping when it’s delivered and wipe over my letterbox and door handle etc
We quarantine post and disinfect our groceries (if they don't have an outer packaging). Have done since last spring and it is routine now.

Reactions: 5

I’m so sorry you had to experience this on top of your grief at losing your father in law. I am glad you were able to attend tho after your worry with the kids being home x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.