Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There will be many that refuse the vaccine, I have family members that are 68+ who don’t want it, that’s their choice but will that have an affect on our future? Will covid still be around all of the time years into the future? Will the virus eventually mutate to the point it’s not as serious if you catch it, like a nasty cold? I often ponder these questions in my head.
I think that's what will happen it will end up like a bad cold. I would hope that people not wanting it won't stop life getting back to normal. They know the risks by not having it.

Reactions: 4
I think that's what will happen it will end up like a bad cold. I would hope that people not wanting it won't stop life getting back to normal. They know the risks by not having it.
I hope so too. Who knows what the future holds but I’m keeping hope in that it’ll mutate and not be as big a risk.

Some people have their reasons for not wanting it, if they’ve had issues in the past with vaccines etc and I respect that but my own Mother doesn’t want it because she believes my brother that it’s chipped, dangerous and covid isn’t a big deal 🤨There will be a fair few of those I imagine.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
What kind of restrictions would we have in the winter if we were to have them?
No one can say for certain as it depends on a lot of different factors. My guess would be more like tier 1 or 2 type restrictions. Things would have to be very bad for it to be the same again next year as it was here at Christmas (for example, the vaccine having little effect which we can already see from Israel’s data that it does seem to be working already).

Reactions: 6
There will be many that refuse the vaccine, I have family members that are 68+ who don’t want it, that’s their choice but will that have an affect on our future? Will covid still be around all of the time years into the future? Will the virus eventually mutate to the point it’s not as serious if you catch it, like a nasty cold? I often ponder these questions in my head.
I don't think the anti-covid vaxers are as wide reaching as the internet would have you believe.

Reactions: 5
Feeling sad about probably not being able to celebrate my 30th birthday in March the way I would have wanted to. It’s not like I’d have had a massive party, probably would have just gone for a meal with all my family. Now it looks like another year of doorstep drop offs and a McDonald’s delivery for dinner. Last year was meant to be in Disneyland for my birthday and it got cancelled days before because of all this crap. Two birthdays lost because of this utter tit, may as well pretend it’s just a normal day. There’s going to be nothing different or special about it at all. Partner will be at work so I’ll still have to do all the home schooling. It’s just tit.

Sorry I know it’s only a minor thing in the grand scheme of things but I always imagined my 30th birthday being a sort of ‘milestone’ birthday, everyone I know who’s turned 30 always had a big fuss made of them. I just wish I had something to look forward to.
I get what you’re saying completely....it’s my 40th next week and it’s not going to be the same. It’s ok to feel sad and disappointed about that! x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m sorry to be a negative nancy here but things starting to get better in 2021 just aren’t enough for me. I completely agree that some things will probably improve, but being allowed to go to a non-essential shop again or being allowed to meet in a group of 6 outside again for example just doesn’t make me feel any better. Especially when there is the risk of these little ‘freedoms’ being taken away again at the drop of a hat.

Do people honestly think we’ll be hugging family again this year? Or travelling anywhere we fancy going (not just the few places we’re allowed and with the fear that plans will be cancelled as soon as they’re made)? Or going back to work? Or just generally having rules relaxed without worrying about that all changing again in 24 hours. Not trying to be a twit here, I’m genuinely interested in what people think.
Unfortunately it's really hard to say for sure because the virus has done what viruses do - mutated. The problem for us is trying to keep one step ahead of the virus and stopping it in its tracks with vaccines before it has the chance to mutate again. Unfortunately it's a waiting game to see who wins - us or the virus. Like you I'd like a timescale for when things will go back to normal, but I think we're quite some time off that for now. ☹

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else feel guilty for finding the pandemic so difficult when others have it worse? I've not had any family members catch it let alone become seriously ill or die. I can work from home. I'm introverted and don't do much socially anyway. I'm in the same financial position I was previously. I have no children to be home schooled... yet I'm starting to struggle a lot, and it feels selfish given my circumstances.
My circumstances are pretty much identical to yours (except some of my family have had Covid - all recovered well thankfully) and I'm struggling now. I work in the NHS and colleagues are exhausted and drained; I think it is the knowledge of what the pandemic has done to the very people who are there to save us that is making me fearful and emotional.

Reactions: 2
I can't believe people here moaning and groaning about how bad 2021 will be, FFS we're in the second week of the year, come on people suck it up, man up and deal with problems as they arise...stop bloody whining "its gonna be bad" "I can't face it" grow up.

My wife left retirement and went back into nursing, I'm on the vulnerable list with lung problems, I've had to sleep a spare bedroom since March (for my safety), I've got a holiday home on Gran Canaria I've not set foot in for a year, lost two friends to C19 but sod it, I ain't moaning I'm making sure I enjoy my life as much as I can.

I really don't like self pity.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
@kazizzle How is your grandmother doing today? I hope she is improving xx
Thanks for checking in ❤ I haven't heard anything yet, although I have text my mum for an update if she has one. My cousin moved in with her yesterday to support her as she won't have her usual carers visit while she's self-isolating. Cousin is a carer so she was the best choice to move in. My mum is actually in the area today as well taking my other gran for her vaccine.

Reactions: 5
This experience has taught me who matters.

I’m dumping a few friends over this, their true colours have come out.

One works in the medical field & vaccinations yet she doesn’t want to discuss it outside of work.
It’s the only thing to discuss! For someone close to it I think that’s a mean attitude.

I get that she wants to leave work at work but it’s a pandemic & friends should be there for one another.
Have you considered that she can't discuss it due to patient confidentiality and professional ethics? I work in the NHS and it is drummed into all NHS workers (whether they work in clinical or non-clinical roles) that confidentiality and ethics are paramount. On top of that she probably just wants to switch off after an exhausting day. NHS workers on the front line are really, really suffering during this pandemic and they desperately need our support and understanding.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That's what I wonder....I work with 2 ladies who refuse to believe that covid is anything but a big hoax and that the vaccine is for planting microchips in us.....if we need , what was it 80%? , of people to be vaccinated for it to make a difference what if not enough people take the vaccine?

Reactions: 1
That's what I wonder....I work with 2 ladies who refuse to believe that covid is anything but a big hoax and that the vaccine is for planting microchips in us.....if we need , what was it 80%? , of people to be vaccinated for it to make a difference what if not enough people take the vaccine?
That’s my concern too.

Reactions: 1
I don't think the anti-covid vaxers are as wide reaching as the internet would have you believe.
Does not wanting the vaccine make you an anti-vaxxer? I personally don't want the vaccine, but I'm not against vaccines in general, and I'm all for everyone else having it if they choose to. I guess literally it does, but I feel like there are a lot of negative connotations tied to 'anti-vaxxers'.

Reactions: 10
I can't believe people here moaning and groaning about how bad 2021 will be, FFS we're in the second week of the year, come on people suck it up, man up and deal with problems as they arise...stop bloody whining "its gonna be bad" "I can't face it" grow up.

My wife left retirement and went back into nursing, I'm on the vulnerable list with lung problems, I've had to sleep a spare bedroom since March (for my safety), I've got a holiday home on Gran Canaria I've not set foot in for a year, lost two friends to C19 but sod it, I ain't moaning I'm making sure I enjoy my life as much as I can.

I really don't like self pity.
Just let people have a moan for fucks sake. Don’t like it scroll past.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
This experience has taught me who matters.

I’m dumping a few friends over this, their true colours have come out.

One works in the medical field & vaccinations yet she doesn’t want to discuss it outside of work.
It’s the only thing to discuss! For someone close to it I think that’s a mean attitude.

I get that she wants to leave work at work but it’s a pandemic & friends should be there for one another.
I know a lot of people have replied to you but also just wanted to mention. I work in the nhs and this is what a lot of conversations have gone like since last March:

You work in the NHS don’t you?

Me: Yes

I will then usually get asked my opinion on when I think this is going to end, when will the jab be rolled out, is the jab effective, what are the risks of x y z, do you think I can go and see my elderly mother, would you say it’s safe to go to the supermarket... and you know what my answer is to all of this... I HAVE NO IDEA! 😂

People seem to think I know everything about the NHS just because I work in it. I literally get asked daily by patients when I think they will be invited for their jab... I tell them I don’t even know when I’m getting mine!

Just a thought anyway, maybe your friend isn’t deliberately not telling you things, she just doesn’t have any new information or things to talk about? Combine that with patient confidentiality and what is there really to discuss?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.