Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This happened to me when I was pregnant, she had the fan and bed ready 😂😂
it’s comforting that I’m not the only one but I do feel for you😂 I feel like such a wimp when I go in and I’m like “hello, it’s me, the fainter”😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh a blood test is a whole different ball game, don’t even get me started on a cannula and when they put the thing round your arm and tap it like they do in films 🤮🤮🤮 disgusting.

That sounds awful though, I’ve never actually fainted during so that would be scary 😩 least they get you a bed though!

....maybe they’ll invent a nose one before we’re due it? 😂
I cannot look whenever I get an injection/IV or get blood drawn. If I see the needle or blood I get sick and feel faint, sometimes to the point of blacking out. 🥴

Reactions: 3
Honestly? I reckon normal normal life is a year or 2 off. I reckon like last year, the summer will be less restrict, the winter more restricted but less than currently, and the same again for 2022 but gradually more freedom.

hoping it’s quicker than that, but I am preparing to be disappointed, so anything else is good
I was watching the news last night and they were talking about airports here and how they are as quiet as they were in the 70s. One of the airports said they do not expect to see "normal" passenger business until 2024. I was shocked. We have two main airlines here, Air Canada and Westjet, both have laid off thousands of staff and cancelling many routes. I am not sure how they will survive.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
it’s comforting that I’m not the only one but I do feel for you😂 I feel like such a wimp when I go in and I’m like “hello, it’s me, the fainter”😂
The nurse that did them has retired now 😔 there's another nice nurse who got me to lie down before she did it, she said she's scared of blood tests too 😅

Having a sore arm after a vaccine is a really good sign as it means your body is responding to it and preparing antibodies....that’s what I was told by a nurse.

Reactions: 12
I was fine as a kid with needles. I don’t like blood so when I went for my first blood test at 16/17 I made the fatal error of looking at the blood in the vials and that was it. I’ve fainted ever since. I think it’s a mental block now. When I went for my vaccines for work, I needed a course of them from my dr surgery, the nurse in the end had the fan on pointing at the bed before I even entered the room 😂

As a young woman I’m majorly low on the list😂 I’m not even entitled to a left hand jab let alone a COVID one 😂
me too! This has only happened as an adult, when I was 18, I was in the NHS, learning to take blood and practising on myself (collapsing my own veins 😅). I also have 2 tattoos!

It’s like I hit 25 and developed a phobia, now nurses at blood tests are always like ‘but you have tattoos so you must be fine!’ Nope 😅🤷🏻‍♀️

(Also tattoos are not really the same anyway)

Its the initial jab with me, not the sight of needles or blood. I dunno why - I have never been actually hurt, (that I remember anyway) but I freeze and feel the tears welling up when the sharp jag goes in my arm. Feel such a baby :LOL:

Having a sore arm after a vaccine is a really good sign as it means your body is responding to it and preparing antibodies....that’s what I was told by a nurse.
Yep this is true ! Glad you got the vaccine 😊😊

Wow every care home and staff member in Newcastle will have been offered a vaccination by the end of this week 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m honestly more scared of the needle than the vaccine 💉

keep forgetting it has to be injected and being like ‘omg vaccinate me NOW’ when in reality if they come near me with the needle I will probs vomit 🙃😂
I don't think it will just be injected vaccinations forever. I think more companies will try and get a tablet form out...

It would be nothing but positives as it would help those worried about needles, be a lot quicker to get through people and save on all the stuff you need like glass, needles etc in the billions.

Reactions: 5
Well we have had so much snow today (possibly the most exciting thing thats going to happen for months) 😂
I had a lie in this morning, made lunch then went to meet my mum for a snow walk. We had a long catch up and was lovely.

I came back, got a warm and then decided, yes, I am 34, and yes I'm going out to build a snowman! 😂 I ended up doing a snowman family (3 of them) and stuck my face in the snow to make faceprints (saw someone do it on Tik Tok) which me n my partner found hilarious 😂
I just thought stuff it, life is for living! If the neighbours see n think I'm crazy, so what 🤷🏻‍♀️

I then had a nice bath and we ordered a takeaway and now I'm absolutely shattered!

Been such a positive day! (I think staying away from the news has helped too)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Yep this is true ! Glad you got the vaccine 😊😊

I thought it was true!
I haven’t had the covid jab yet, I’m group 4 (immune suppressed) but I had my flu and pneumonia ones again in November and she mentioned it then! When I was struggling to lift my arms and put roll on deodorant on in the few days afterwards I kept reminding myself it was a good thing it hurt! 😂

Edited to add I’m group 6, not group 4, sorry

Last edited:
I’m usually poorly after the flu jab, last year really poorly. Had it again this year and had nothing, convinced they put something in it so we didn’t have covid symptoms 😂
This happened to me and my next door neighbour last year, both of us felt dizzy and light headed for a day or two afterwards! This year nothing not even a sore arm, we had it on the same day too.

Reactions: 1
Well we have had so much snow today (possibly the most exciting thing thats going to happen for months) 😂
I had a lie in this morning, made lunch then went to meet my mum for a snow walk. We had a long catch up and was lovely.

I came back, got a warm and then decided, yes, I am 34, and yes I'm going out to build a snowman! 😂 I ended up doing a snowman family (3 of them) and stuck my face in the snow to make faceprints (saw someone do it on Tik Tok) which me n my partner found hilarious 😂
I just thought stuff it, life is for living! If the neighbours see n think I'm crazy, so what 🤷🏻‍♀️

I then had a nice bath and we ordered a takeaway and now I'm absolutely shattered!

Did it look like Whitty 😂 ☃ Boris and Vallance .

• Haha
Reactions: 5

This sounds like so much fun! Good for you!

Anyone else concerned schools are the key factor in this? Cases look like they are slowly decreasing but this happened last year with lockdown 1 and then summer hold before they shot back up massively which led us in to winter. Clearly kids are massively important in community transmission not to mention idiot parent’s who can’t resist school gate gossip (yep still seeing it from the networker drop offs at the school across the road). I know children have got to be educated but as a young childless adult I will be selfishly really gutted if getting them back to school comes at the cost of getting life back to some normality!

Reactions: 13
I thought it was true!
I haven’t had the covid jab yet, I’m group 4 (immune suppressed) but I had my flu and pneumonia ones again in November and she mentioned it then! When I was struggling to lift my arms and put roll on deodorant on in the few days afterwards I kept reminding myself it was a good thing it hurt! 😂

Edited to add I’m group 6, not group 4, sorry
Im frontline but in pathology for now so first for us in my hospital was HCAs, docs, nurses, catering etc on the wards. Getting mine next week 🤗🤗

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.