Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pleased to report my grandparents had their first jab this morning and so far, so good. Slightly sore arms but other than that feeling fine which Iā€™m relieved about as my Nan had a reaction to the flu jab the last time she had it. I popped to their doorstep to drop some things off and they were both dressed up after their 8.30am appointment and my 83yr old grandad said he ā€œfeels as fit as a butcherā€™s dogā€. I canā€™t wait to be able to cuddle them again! Even if we donā€™t hit the mid Feb deadline weā€™re clearly making smashing progress. Itā€™s one of those days I really do feel like thereā€™s some light at the end of the tunnel.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Pleased to report my grandparents had their first jab this morning and so far, so good. Slightly sore arms but other than that feeling fine which Iā€™m relieved about as my Nan had a reaction to the flu jab the last time she had it. I popped to their doorstep to drop some things off and they were both dressed up after their 8.30am appointment and my 83yr old grandad said he ā€œfeels as fit as a butcherā€™s dogā€. I canā€™t wait to be able to cuddle them again! Even if we donā€™t hit the mid Feb deadline weā€™re clearly making smashing progress. Itā€™s one of those days I really do feel like thereā€™s some light at the end of the tunnel.
How lovely.

Iā€™ve not hugged my dad since the start of last March - we stopped weeks before the government decided to act.
However, if he gets out of hospital and has a negative test then I will be hugging him. We will wear face masks.
Iā€™ve kept him safe for almost a year but itā€™s the actions of others who have given it to him and I have no control over that.
Iā€™m his support bubble so I could have hugged him anyway but I chose not to in order to protect him. Iā€™m partly regretting that now in case I donā€™t get the opportunity again but itā€™s done now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Cases are out of control in my town. On Christmas Eve we were in tier 1, throughout December our rates per 100k were in the teens-30's.
Just a few short weeks later and it's now over 800 per 100k, from 30 to 800!!
Cornwall as a whole is taking a real hitting, more and more people I know are testing positive and the first keyworker bubbles at our school and another school in my town have just popped today with children testing positive.
It's a real worry for our hospital.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I've just had an email from primary school saying they are at 43% attendance and as from Monday will need proof of key worker status for school places and if anyone has an adult at home they would prefer the children to be homeschooling as it's close to breaking health and safety!

This is so sad šŸ˜ž

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I know itā€™s hard not to read but the papers make a lot up and try to scare people, bad news sells

My town in West Sussex has said tomorrow is the last day of over 80ā€™s vaccines then they move onto the next group! As theyā€™ve vaccinated all! Some positive news!
My mother is 90 and in West Sussex but hasnā€™t heard anything!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I had to go to the doctors today and while I was waiting, an older man around 70+ was just leaving his appt and asked the receptionist when he could get the vaccine as he called the day before and there was nothing available for him. She checked for him there and then and said they'd fit him in tomorrow! He obviously questioned why they didn't tell him that on the phone and she said it's hit and miss with people taking appt then cancelling or not turning up.

Glad for the man though, he left with a massive grin lol

The vaccine roll out is really giving me something positive to look forward to. Hope it continues!

Reactions: 16
Yes - I think this vaccine still be a game changer.

mine thing I donā€™t see in the news much is the lack of šŸ§Ŗ vials, I though this was the issue? Is it resolved?

It seems like the areas that had been in lower tiers are the ones exploding now across the country. Where previous tier 3 areas seem to be on the start of a decline?

It seems like the areas that had been in lower tiers are the ones exploding now across the country. Where previous tier 3 areas seem to be on the start of a decline?

Reactions: 5
Not on a decline but we are definitely exploding now. We were Tier 2 until NYE. Rates at 140 per hundred thousand.

Now we are 881 per hundred thousand and rising šŸ˜¬ the highest we had prior to November lockdown was 200.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Our stats are dropping at last and 103,000 people have been vaccinated, most of the OAPs have had their second dose even the
D2CDD6C3-9C15-46B4-9B8A-55735A332591.jpg
executive are following the guidance to the letter Arlene and Michelle are now broadcasting from some sort of open air warehouse ...freezing šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.