Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not on a decline but we are definitely exploding now. We were Tier 2 until NYE. Rates at 140 per hundred thousand.

Now we are 881 per hundred thousand and rising 😬 the highest we had prior to November lockdown was 200.
Ours are still rising too, although the data is only up to and including the 8th, so might be a possibility of a decline of sorts by now. (I hope anyway)
I wonder how much is the new variant here and if that has any part to play.

Schools and nurseries around here are now being really strict on which children can attend and are prioritising the keyworker children based on if they have a parent working from home/parent doing shifts. They are telling all parents that childcare bubbles must be used before using school and school is only a last resort.

Also our home learning has really stepped up a notch this week. I've been ready for the weekend since 1pm on Monday 🤣
The way they now do maths is something else, feels like they've just added bits in from when I was a child to make it harder 😳🍸🍹🍷🍾🍺

Reactions: 4
Just wondered how my lovely school worker Tattlers are finding numbers for next week?

We are having MORE requests for places... totally surprised me as I thought we would have fewer, especially with the Head sending out a plea to only apply as a last resort. Is it an anomaly?

58% in today. Can see us topping 60% next week.
Our numbers are increasing too. We’re at about 60% currently. More and more asking for a place, yet our head has done exactly the same.
Sent one boy home sick today and when asking which parents I should ring first, he kindly informed me to try Dad as he has been furloughed. 🤯

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I had 50 of those new ones to contend with today only thousand hundreds tens and units and they had to be uploaded onto google classroom ...so much for saying our school is easy going they're piling the work on 😂

I don’t understand why they’re banning some flights from some countries. What’s the frigging point? So you can fly from Brazil to Mexico and then onto London no problem. Why bother. All or nothing really? Come on you bunch of incompetent twits

Reactions: 12

Boris could be in bother. We've already locked down far too many times. People would obey rules more if we were given a clear way out as to when normality can resume. For example Boris could say when X amount of people have had the vaccine we can get shut of masks, X amount the vaccine get shut of social distancing, X amount I will open the pubs etc.

Reactions: 5
People need to understand that they can’t give exact days of lifting lockdown, they can’t give a definite at what point in the vaccination program numbers of cases and deaths will drop I know people want certainty but we just have to be patient

Also don’t bother ever believing anything you see in the sun

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Question - how do I tell if my new neighbours are just being noisy vs them having a party?
We have not met them, nor seen how many of them are there, the cars on our road always seem to change, so we don’t even know if they are inviting someone over.
Just wondering whether I should try to have a chat with neighbours or report to the police, but basically since they moved in (late December) there is lots of noise every evening. We were fine with it for Christmas and New Year but now with lockdown we don’t want to tolerate it. They also make noise till 11-12 pm, so interfering with our sleep. They are at the end of the terrace as well, so have three doors and no neighbour on other side to tell us what’s happening 😔 What would you do?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Question - how do I tell if my new neighbours are just being noisy vs them having a party?
We have not met them, nor seen how many of them are there, the cars on our road always seem to change, so we don’t even know if they are inviting someone over.
Just wondering whether I should try to have a chat with neighbours or report to the police, but basically since they moved in (late December) there is lots of noise every evening. We were fine with it for Christmas and New Year but now with lockdown we don’t want to tolerate it. They also make noise till 11-12 pm, so interfering with our sleep. They are at the end of the terrace as well, so have three doors and no neighbour on other side to tell us what’s happening 😔 What would you do?
I’d put a note through about the noise if it’s on weeknights. Or maybe just go round and ask them to keep it down. Then if it continues report them, they would have had their warning. It might turn out they’re just loud people, or might be a shared house? I live around lots of students and there can sometimes be up to 8 in one house, they are perfectly entitled to have parties within their own household annoying as it is... but weeknights I’d draw the line!

Reactions: 5
My OHs 93 year old Grandparents have finally got the call for their first jabs on Sat. A bit of faff re how they will get there so either myself or my OH will be masking and gloving up to take them. But that’s my positive news today! 🤗

Reactions: 19
Police won’t act upon a noise complaint as you’re saying it’s a regular occurrence, they will direct you to complain through the council. I would just put a note through the door asking them if they would mind keeping the music quieter later on as it’s becoming disruptive to your day to day life.

Reactions: 2
My OHs 93 year old Grandparents have finally got the call for their first jabs on Sat. A bit of faff re how they will get there so either myself or my OH will be masking and gloving up to take them. But that’s my positive news today! 🤗
My husbands 98 year old grandad had his first the other day. I got ridiculously over emotional about it all. We have missed seeing him.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’d put a note through about the noise if it’s on weeknights. Or maybe just go round and ask them to keep it down. Then if it continues report them, they would have had their warning. It might turn out they’re just loud people, or might be a shared house? I live around lots of students and there can sometimes be up to 8 in one house, they are perfectly entitled to have parties within their own household annoying as it is... but weeknights I’d draw the line!
My problem is that I have good hearing as well, so in the day time I am struggling to concentrate on work, because I can hear every other word 😔 It’s literally non stop, and with lockdown it’s annoying as well. Plus at least one of them loves football so periodically we get a football match with Yaaaays. We will have a chat, I think.

Police won’t act upon a noise complaint as you’re saying it’s a regular occurrence, they will direct you to complain through the council. I would just put a note through the door asking them if they would mind keeping the music quieter later on as it’s becoming disruptive to your day to day life.
Okay, I see. I assumed that if it was parties and breaking the lockdown rules they would act.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.