Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t wipe down my shopping or post, I never have. Time consuming for me. I’d sooner wash my hands properly after handling things. To each their own though.
But that’s still great to wash your hands! It’s people who do neither that still spread it! Think of the number of “kissing gates” people walk through on country walks and how many other people touch them without sanitising before or after?

If someone doesn’t wash their hands after touching an item with the virus on (slim chance but still a chance) then touch their face, they can contract covid

Reactions: 3
I'm off for a Covid test at 6. Currently in isolation for the second fecking time and I've woke up with no sense of smell or taste and a temperature.

Absolutely bleeping raging (excuse my language) girl at work has new boyfriend, been seeing him since Nov last year. Been staying at his house with his parents. She lives with her parents and brother.

His mom works in a care home. She stayed there last Monday to Thursday night. Came into work for all 4 of those days. Her boyfriends mom works in a care home. She tested positive Tuesday, her boyfriend tested positive Wednesday, she tested Thursday, was positive then she went back to her own home.

Why are people just utter bleeping selfish wankbags?!?!

And breathe..... I've cried and lost it today, I can't do it anymore 😭😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I would argue that they are fully aware that death in real life is different thing and they probably just don't think about death that much because who does? I don't spend my life thinking about people dying.

What is with this idea that computer games makes kids thick? They don't. Speak to a child about death and I'm pretty sure they'll say something like "goes to live in the clouds" or "goes to heaven" (depending on the religion/beliefs of the child or parents obviously). They are aware that if they die in a video game they get another life and that in real life that doesn't happen. Kids really aren't thick.
I was generalising which I know is bad. I know kids aren’t thick but some kids are and some kids don’t fully understand that death is forever if they have no experience of it themselves (loss of a grandparent or pet)

Unfortunately I do think of death a lot because I lost my mum when I was fairly young, she was in her 50s! Sadly lots of people have experienced too much death and so we do think about it....if someone is fortunate enough not to have experienced this then no they probably won’t think about death as often.

Edited to add some adults are thick too! 😂

Reactions: 6
gosh I’ve upset the Whitty worshippers AGAIN, when will I learn 😅

waiting for the Downing Street crew to come for me...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Not to mention the fact that Scottish schools had time to prepare...The self congratulatory email from the head nearly tipped me over the edge!
And did I mention she’s turning 18? This is at higher level!!!!
I’m sorry I can’t stop laughing at this. I was thinking of a young child not an almost 18 year old 😂

People have different preferences as to how they hear things. Whitty is straight forward and to the point, no fluff. Other people prefer a bit of cushioning. Depends. 🤷‍♀️
Whitty gives facts nothing more Boris tries to cushion the blow.

Reactions: 5
I'm off for a Covid test at 6. Currently in isolation for the second fecking time and I've woke up with no sense of smell or taste and a temperature.

Absolutely bleeping raging (excuse my language) girl at work has new boyfriend, been seeing him since Nov last year. Been staying at his house with his parents. She lives with her parents and brother.

His mom works in a care home. She stayed there last Monday to Thursday night. Came into work for all 4 of those days. Her boyfriends mom works in a care home. She tested positive Tuesday, her boyfriend tested positive Wednesday, she tested Thursday, was positive then she went back to her own home.

Why are people just utter bleeping selfish wankbags?!?!

And breathe..... I've cried and lost it today, I can't do it anymore 😭😭
She really should have isolated after the mum tested positive on the Tuesday! Silly girl!

Reactions: 4
I was generalising which I know is bad. I know kids aren’t thick but some kids are and some kids don’t fully understand that death is forever if they have no experience of it themselves (loss of a grandparent or pet)

Unfortunately I do think of death a lot because I lost my mum when I was fairly young, she was in her 50s! Sadly lots of people have experienced too much death and so we do think about it....if someone is fortunate enough not to have experienced this then no they probably won’t think about death as often.

Edited to add some adults are thick too! 😂
Sorry to hear about your mum ❤ I didn't experience any loss at all until I was 14 when my auntie died. I had both sets of grandparents until I was 16. That said I knew about it as a kid, I just never thought about it much cause it didn't apply to my life but you still hear it from parents talking or when they go to a funeral (although I was a big reader and there's a lot of death in Jaqueline Wilson books so maybe that's why as well!).

I asked my son what happens when you die, just out of curiosity. He said “your body stops working and your soul goes to the great beyond.”

Can you tell we’ve been watching Pixar’s Soul? 😂

Reactions: 13
I asked my son what happens when you die, just out of curiosity. He said “your body stops working and your soul goes to the great beyond.”

Can you tell we’ve been watching Pixar’s Soul? 😂
ah so it's Disney affecting the kids' views on death, not video games :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sorry to hear about your mum ❤ I didn't experience any loss at all until I was 14 when my auntie died. I had both sets of grandparents until I was 16. That said I knew about it as a kid, I just never thought about it much cause it didn't apply to my life but you still hear it from parents talking or when they go to a funeral (although I was a big reader and there's a lot of death in Jaqueline Wilson books so maybe that's why as well!).
Thank you ♥ I’m sorry to hear about your Auntie too. I think most kids only know about death from grandparents and pets which can be expected but when it’s someone younger you’ve lost, it does shape you somewhat. Losing my mum at a relatively young age makes me determined to be so cautious about Covid so my son doesn’t have to go through the same at an even younger age.

What you said about books made me laugh and is a good point, books can be very emotive!

• Heart
Honestly I get so much piss taking or eye rolling for doing it! But the truth is you can (I know the risk is lower) catch it this way and so I feel I’m protecting myself and my son by doing it (I’m immune suppressed and shielded in the first lockdown and been extremely careful ever since)
Ive always wiped shopping down, wiped door handles etc and wipe my phone down everytime I get back home. I usually wipe remotes, tablets etc every other day.
I still obvs wash my hands before preparing meals, eating etc. Just got so used to doing it now and puts my mind at ease.

Reactions: 2
Ive always wiped shopping down, wiped door handles etc and wipe my phone down everytime I get back home. I usually wipe remotes, tablets etc every other day.
I still obvs wash my hands before preparing meals, eating etc. Just got so used to doing it now and puts my mind at ease.
Good hand hygiene! As you say if it puts you at ease, that’s great!
It annoys me when people criticise me about it, even now after hearing that from Boris I’ll still get people telling me I’m being stupid. I don’t expect them to do it but just let me get on with doing it in my own home!

• Heart
I've never wiped down my shopping or quarantined my post but I do religiously wash my hands after handling anything. I'm constantly wiping door handles though
I can't wash my shopping. It would trigger my ocd. I cleaned everything during the first lockdown when I was ill, it took my 3 hours plus to put away a weekly shop and I cried when I had to do it as everything had to be thoroughly cleaned. Post had to be put to one side for three days then everything cleaned throughly before anyone could even touch it. I got really upset if anything was missed and feel like the whole house was contaninated. These days we just clean our hands after handling stuff but I have to watch myself with that. I'm exhausted just thinking how it used to be. It's really hard to remain well when everything is about reducing contamination.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
We used to wipe down all our groceries after they were delivered in the first wave but it took hours. We now only wipe down what we will use instantly and everything else gets left in cupboards or freezer for a few days. I’m forever chasing the teenagers to wash hands after touching post or parcels, they protest and roll eyes of course.

Yes I wash shopping down too. Takes a bit of time, but at least my cupboards are fresh and tidy for a change, whereas pre-covid they were a jumbled wreck and stuff fell out when I opened the door! I don't wipe down post, but handle with care and wash & sanitise hands straight afterwards (I'm far too nosy to wait a couple of days, I need to see the things NOW!) I wash down handles and things every night, and the dog ohhhhh the dog gets the paws wiped and told to dry her face on the towel that I lay on the floor. She gets a biscuit if she does it.

I must say I’ve never once washed my shopping, post or deliveries o_O I will wash my hands before and after going out and try not to touch my face in general. I’ve been okay so far guys!

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.