Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #77

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It arrived too late. He’s in hospital.
He was given the vaccine telephone number prior to being admitted to hospital but we just couldn’t get through to book it.
Oh gosh so sorry! Sending love and positive thoughts x

That's a shame. It's so frustrating when people continue to behave so selfishly isn't it.
I did message her saying we are in lockdown stop being so selfish and she’s blocked me haha

Reactions: 7
This will definitely be me! I'm such a hugger, I miss hugs so much! I live alone and make my bubble give me a long squeeze before we go our separate ways to make up for all the other hugs I'm missing
I’m my dad’s support bubble but even so, I’ve not dared hug him since last March. I so regret that now but I just wanted to keep him safe. When he gets home he’ll get the biggest hug ever.🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m my dad’s support bubble but even so, I’ve not dared hug him since last March. I so regret that now but I just wanted to keep him safe. When he gets home he’ll get the biggest hug ever.🥰
Completely sympathise, my Dad has been in hospital then a care home due to Covid since April 😔 we've only seen him through a window a handful of times. I cannot wait to give him the biggest hug whenever that may be 💕

Sending you lots of hugs and best wishes for your Dad, hope he's home soon x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Completely sympathise, my Dad has been in hospital then a care home due to Covid since April 😔 we've only seen him through a window a handful of times. I cannot wait to give him the biggest hug whenever that may be 💕

Sending you lots of hugs and best wishes for your Dad, hope he's home soon x
Thank you.
That must be so hard for you all.
It’s truly awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
More news to be positive about as four million vaccines have been done. I read earlier the EU on average have vaccinated 0.4 percent of their population and Scotland 3.2 percent so I am happy that Scotland are still in the UK and not stuck independently as part of the EU struggling for vaccines where many residents will have to wait in some countries until 2022 for a jab.

Reactions: 8
I do have an issue with them claiming that so many have been vaccinated when in reality the majority have had one dose, so not fully vaccinated. Whilst I agree that some protection is better then none I do worry that there are a lot that don't have the full coverage they should. I'm hoping the delay doesn't effect the efficiency of the vaccine.

Reactions: 18
Think this is the most bored I’ve ever been.

I’ve watched all there is to watch, read loads, baked everything I wanna bake, done my exercise for the day. Can’t even boredom eat as I’m eating healthy. The thought of a zoom quiz or something is just not appealing.

Weekends feel like such an endless stretch of time at the moment. Cannot wait for this to end, not because I’m even sad but I’m just SO bored.

Reactions: 24
I do have an issue with them claiming that so many have been vaccinated when in reality the majority have had one dose, so not fully vaccinated. Whilst I agree that some protection is better then none I do worry that there are a lot that don't have the full coverage they should. I'm hoping the delay doesn't effect the efficiency of the vaccine.
All over 18s vaccinated by the end of June is the aim. Anyone with second half of the year plans should be positive of being able to enjoy them without worrying about distance and masks.

Reactions: 3
Sorry if this already been discussed but we hear that we may need “even tougher measures” I’m a bit confused about how much tougher they could be from what we have currently.

Do you think the U.K. would introduce any curfews? I know France have a 6pm-6am one currently and previously Spain and Italy have had them.

All over 18s vaccinated by the end of June is the aim. Anyone with second half of the year plans should be positive of being able to enjoy them without worrying about distance and masks.

I know the aim. And I get why they have taken this approach but headlines screaming how many vaccines we've done is misleading, it's mainly how many part doses we have given, we haven't vaccinated all those people.
Pfizer themselves have expressed concern over the delay between the two vaccines. I am waiting to see how eefcetive it still is after the delay. And whilst some protection is better then others there are huge numbers of NHS staff still working alongside covid positive patients whilst only being partially vaccinated.

Reactions: 10
Sorry if this already been discussed but we hear that we may need “even tougher measures” I’m a bit confused about how much tougher they could be from what we have currently.

Do you think the U.K. would introduce any curfews? I know France have a 6pm-6am one currently and previously Spain and Italy have had them.
They could but I just dunno what this would achieve, we also couldn’t police it and it makes life hard for shift workers.

I think if they cut anything it will be meeting up for exercise but to be honest as numbers are dropping now, there probs isn’t a need to add more.

Reactions: 6

I don't see rules getting tougher in the past week testing has gone up around 22 percent to around 600-700k a day and yet cases yesterday were 17000 lower than the Saturday before. Vaccines are kicking in and we've finally shut our border. We are more likely to hear some kind of timetable out of restrictions.

Reactions: 7
I’ve had my first vaccination last week and I’ve got an appointment for my second one (I work in healthcare) I was so impressed with how well organised it was, it was done in our lecture theatre - an absolute massive room and they had set up 4 stations with nurses giving them out, after each vaccine they cleaned down the chair the person used before taking another patient. The vaccine itself is nothing to worry about, I barely felt it they do advise you may get a sore arm, sore throat or a temperature for 48hrs after the vaccine similar to the flu jag but I honestly had no side effects and have felt completely fine since having it. After you have the vaccine you need to hang around for 15 mins just to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction, as it was done in a massive room everyone was socially distanced and again someone was cleaning the chairs as soon someone left. In the short time I was there they must have vaccinated about 15 people. The mass centres will probably be able to vaccinate far more provided the vaccines are available

• Heart
Reactions: 16

I doubt curfews as it would be hard to control since key workers would be exempt from it and there seems to be more variety of key workers now than there was back in March

10 new mass vaccination centres opening from Monday:

View attachment 387839
Our nearest is Taunton, a lot of people aren't going as it's an hour each way and have been calling their gp. A group of 10 GPS have created a vaccination hub in town so a lot have been miffed they're offered Taunton rather than the local hub

Reactions: 1
Thank you for all the lovely messages 🥰 In such a nice little world of my own at the moment, and it felt so good to finally forget about what’s going on in the world for a good 24 hours!

Deff a pregnancy and labour to remember but I always said aslong as baby arrived healthy then that was all that mattered in the end. I need to have a good cry I think about dad missing out, but even the midwives were shocked at how quickly things progressed. We came home late last night so have to share baby cuddles now. I enjoyed the fact she was just mine for a good 12 hours 🙊

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.