Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
My dad caught Covid in the hospital. He had cancer and was going to have treatment for it but the Covid robbed him of the chance.
He died yesterday and his death has now become another statistic.
I feel so cheated. I feel so angry. Why did he have to go?

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 61

CoolMom

VIP Member
Hello everyone 👋

Seasoned Tattler here but new to this thread so I hope this is OK to post and not repeating anyone / breaking any rules.

I just wanted to share some positive news. I live on the Isle of Man and today we have officially no known cases and are 14 days new case free!

I know we are a small population and we were fortunte to be able to close our boarders but the fact the virus got here yet we got it under control is surely a positive sign that lockdown and social distancing works?

I just wanted to spread some positive news and encourage people to keep being sensible and we will beat this :)

Stats from a local news outlet below.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Hayles1990

Just a little positivity, my six year old went back to school today and they have been amazing. They did fun games to teach them how to play and socially distance but also have stated that they cannot and will not have a 100% no touching policy because it’s traumatising and unnatural. They are encouraging other ways of affection and they are still having story time, they just have a named spot on the floor. They played hide and seek, watched Tarzan and have given each child a named comfort taggy. They have phoned me this afternoon and asked if it was ok for her to come out of her Bubble once a week to have one to one with a teacher trained in childhood trauma, to do crafts and activities and have a talk about how they are feeling. I am really really impressed and a little bit tearful at how amazing they are being.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Jamhead

VIP Member
Also feel for those poor horses, protest all you want but don't throw fucking bottles and other crap at the horses. Regardless of wether they are trained to be in those circumstances, they don't raise a hoof and ask to trot on in to those situations. Disgusts me beyond belief 😤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
My yr6 returned today. We had tears this morning, he was worried he’d not be able to distance or play with his friends, I said we’d see how it goes.

6 hours later he comes home with a massive smile 😊 He absolutely loved it! There is only 10 in the class and he loved that it was quiet, no distractions, more attention from the teacher and was still able to engage in fun activities with his school friends. He wants it to stay like this forever 😂

I am sooooo pleased he went in and it’s gone so well this week parents who initially declined are now asking if they get their child in.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Yep totally done fed up with lockdown now. Used to get annoyed with people not adhering to it, now I’m actually encouraging people to see family/friends for their own mental health. 2 of my friends (Working in the NHS I might add) have had to take time off work due to stress and are now on antidepressant as a DIRECT result of lockdown - they had no mental health issues before but people are at breaking point.

People who are immunocompromised or vulnerable have the option to self isolate. Everyone now understands how to social distance and wash our hands. It’s time to open up.

I get so angry when I hear people moan “oooh there will be a second wave now”. What the fuck do you want?! Do you want us all to stay inside for the next 2 years while our incompetent government faffs around with a vaccine?! LOCKDOWN WASN’T EVER MEANT TO ERADICATE THE VIRUS. It was to prevent the nhs going beyond capacity on the back of winter pressures. It’s better to have this dreaded second wave now than in December when you’ve got flu season in full swing.

Honestly I’d rather die than live like this for years to come, I’m not the only one who thinks that. I’m truly sorry for all the lives lost, I really am, but this cannot go on forever. More lives will be lost to suicide, cancer, neglect, abuse etc if it does.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I've always felt the UK police were really pathetic and held no authority (within reason). That opinion was sealed when I watched a documentary on ISIS supporters on Netflix and the police approached them in Hyde Park and they handled the whole situation awfully and the ISIS supporters did not give a shit about them being there.
they shouldn’t have to put up with this.
these are not protesters, these are opportunistic scumbags and nobody can say otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

hnoz

VIP Member

The speech delivered at George Floyd’s memorial is incredibly powerful and might give people some insight into the justification for these protests. The fact is there is always a problem when black people demand equality, remember the peaceful take a knee protests? People in power still had a problem with that, that wasn’t the appropriate method of protest either. This video might give you a small sense of the frustration POC are feeling and why change is needed today, not tomorrow. It would be great if we only ever had to deal with one problem at a time, but we don’t have that luxury and these voices need to be heard. Given ikea, homesense and garden centres can open and all other retail can open next week I don’t the lockdown argument really exists anymore. If I can go out to the beach for a picnic, pop by Ikea on the way home for a chest of drawers and into homesense for a candle then why can’t people take a stand against systemic racism? I’ll give you a hint one is important for society right now and one isn’t. Going to fucking Ikea but attempting to silence the voices of black lives is white privilege at its finest.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Jg182

Well if had the phone call, my work place is closing down permanently. We had just started to pick up, but they just aren’t going to survive this.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

coconochanel

VIP Member
Bloody hell I'm pleased to report....I'VE HAD A MCDONALDS! :giggle: 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳👏 I was passing and saw cars queuing and well I didnt need to think twice I quickly joined the queue :LOL:. TBH didn't have to queue long about 20 mins but it was worth it. I had a hamburger, large fries and a coke.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
I went back to work today. For the first hour it was just me alone in the office, with the door open and the sound of just birds and the odd sheep 'baaing' in the field (my work is very rural!)

Given I have been at home with my two children for close to 3 months you can imagine the BLISS of this moment!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Tui

VIP Member
As an NHS worker I’m absolutely terrified looking at the footage of the protests in the UK today. I don’t want to diminish the cause of what they are protesting, but it is so so dangerous to be gathering in tens of thousands right now and no amount of flimsy facecoverings or latex gloves will offset that. That second peak is going to be a bad one at this rate. People seem to have very short memories. There must be another way to advance the BLM cause without causing more needless deaths from COVID.

• Heart

Jess269

I have just dropped my 6 year old off for her first day at school (they are doing alternative weeks) it was nice to see how happy she was to see her friends. I'm happy with my decision to send her back..

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
20200608_141744.jpg

55 today! I know it will jump up tomorrow but weekends are getting so low now. Hopefully soon we will have a weekend with no deaths!

• Heart

Londoncailín

VIP Member
What do ye mean ? everyone's not going have a sense of smell because of the virus😂
Lush will still be detectable. Even to those who have lost their sense of smell. It breaks down all smell barriers! It should actually be used as a weapon of mass destruction 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Say What

Chatty Member
So today has probably been one the angrier days I’ve felt during this whole mess. I work in the railway on the outskirts of London and I saw more people travelling today than I have for the last 3 months. Where are they all going you might ask? So I look on BBC news and there were THOUSANDS of people all crammed together at the BLM protest. Now don’t get me wrong, what happened to George Floyd was a disgrace and the officers involved deserve everything they get BUT why are people in this country ignoring the lockdown and flouting social distancing and using the protest to do so. I am angry because I think of all the people who have died, my own family members who are nurses, those who have no job now and those who are still sick. Everyone has the right to peacefully protest but to undo all the sacrifice people have shown and injure police officers and animals is sickening. Some may say this naive but until coronavirus, I never realised what a selfish world we live in. I’d like to clarify that I hate racism and that I support those who want to peacefully protest but I don’t support those who have ignored the coronavirus measures and who have been violent.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I got a phone call yesterday from my hair salon to book me in for an appointment as they are planning on opening on 4th July, Government permitting. I’m all booked in for a cut and highlights on 5th July. Wahey!

I persuaded my boyfriend to take me to McDonalds today. I live in the West Midlands. When we got there, the wait time was an hour and a half so we left. 😂 We went to the supermarket instead and I went inside, even though I shouldn’t have done because I am shielding, for ten minutes. I think that I needed to try and do something normal because the idea terrified me as I had been in the house for too long. I conquered a fear today and if I do end up with symptoms, then it will be my own fault. I did wear a mask the whole time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

KateESJ

VIP Member
Ugh we went shopping today and my daughter saw there were cars in the mcdonalds drive thru.

I am NOT sitting in my car for an hour waiting for fries and nuggets. Had to convince her it was only open for burgers as they've run out of chicken nuggets and fish fingers. She doesn't like burgers.😂

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
i thought the last thing I wanted to do was go to McDonald’s or have sex with a stranger.

now primark has been mentioned the last thing I want to do is wade through static Disney tat in primark 😂

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
Met my 4 best friends for socially distanced drinks in the local park this evening and it has made me feel 100000 time better to just have a laugh with them and forget about the virus for a bit. Would recommend if you can make it work.

Am also now slightly tipsy 🤪

• Heart
  • Haha