Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The people I've seen wearing masks touch their faces more regularly to re-adjust the mask.

Reactions: 6
It sounds like the best thing, my 6 year old has been having a lot of mood swings at home. I hope shes enjoys her day. It's hard isnt it to make the decision x
Honestly it’s been so hard. We initially said no she wasn’t going back but it was just getting worse at home. Tied in with the fact I’m fearful they’ll close schools again and they’ll end up being off for months and months this will at least break it up. I’m convinced we’ve had it anyway, she’s very healthy but it’s still been a really hard decision to make.

Reactions: 4
I work with respiratory consultants and that’s all they were commenting on and they said fellow respiratory consultants in the north east felt the same way
I'm in the north east too, and I've heard a lot of 'talk' (with no scientific proof). There was certainly a viral outbreak in December / January time. I know two young people who had pneumonia (including a teenager)and when we arranged a family funeral, the director said they'd never had so many deaths from pneumonia.
In France, they retrospectively tested samples for covid and they came back positive ( think the article was in the Guardian)

Reactions: 8
I'm in the north east too, and I've heard a lot of 'talk' (with no scientific proof). There was certainly a viral outbreak in December / January time. I know two young people who had pneumonia (including a teenager)and when we arranged a family funeral, the director said they'd never had so many deaths from pneumonia.
In France, they retrospectively tested samples for covid and they came back positive ( think the article was in the Guardian)
Would the second wave not be later on though, as this wave is still pretty active it hasn't cleared yet ? but it would be great if true..

Reactions: 1
Would the second wave not be later on though, as this wave is still pretty active it hasn't cleared yet ? but it would be great if true..
I think the suggestion is the first wave happened and it was classed as just pneumonia cases and now this what we’ve just had is the second wave as from what I’ve read they tend to be more deadly. Obviously I’m going on what I’ve read and theories. I don’t track viruses but that’s my understanding of what’s being suggested.

Reactions: 5
20200608_141744.jpg

55 today! I know it will jump up tomorrow but weekends are getting so low now. Hopefully soon we will have a weekend with no deaths!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My six year old went back Thursday, we’ve just received a text to say a child in her class developed mild symptoms over the weekend and all children in that Bubble need to isolate until we have test results. If this happens often we may have to consider pulling her out because we can’t afford my partner to be taking days off a couple of times a week, does this mean he should come home from work now and we now have to isolate?!
Yes, i believe so. You all need to isolate until the child gets their result. If it's negative you can stop but positive you need to continue isolating for 14 days.
I hope it's a negative result 🤞🏻

Why are only hospital deaths been recorded at the moment? 55 is amazing but says hospital so where's the figures from the care homes?

Yes, i believe so. You all need to isolate until the child gets their result. If it's negative you can stop but positive you need to continue isolating for 14 days.
I hope it's a negative result 🤞🏻
I thought it was just the person who has been in contact (so the child in their case) who has to isolate. Obviously can not isolate alone but you know what I mean.
If your child then develops symptoms you all isolate

Reactions: 3
Why are only hospital deaths been recorded at the moment? 55 is amazing but says hospital so where's the figures from the care homes?
Maybe they'll say later at the briefing ? I can't let myself celebrate yet as it seems to good to be true !

I thought it was just the person who has been in contact (so the child in their case) who has to isolate. Obviously can not isolate alone but you know what I mean.
If your child then develops symptoms you all isolate
Oh i don't know then, our school are saying it has to be the whole family. Assuming they have all had contact with the child who attended school with the suspected case
I just assumed that was the ruling as they have an nhs style flow chart with it on, maybe not then?

Reactions: 2
Maybe they'll say later at the briefing ? I can't let myself celebrate yet as it seems to good to be true !
I wont be celebrating until it's zero, i know the sentiment is a positive one but those 55 people will have had families who will be absolutely devastated right now and there is nothing amazing about that :(
Of course deaths decreasing is a good thing but still 💔

Reactions: 9
Oh i don't know then, our school are saying it has to be the whole family. Assuming they have all had contact with the child who attended school with the suspected case
I just assumed that was the ruling as they have an nhs style flow chart with it on, maybe not then?
I would think the whole family ,different for an adult they can self isolate in the home but not possible for a child..

I wont be celebrating until it's zero, i know the sentiment is a positive one but those 55 people will have had families who will be absolutely devastated right now and there is nothing amazing about that :(
Of course deaths decreasing is a good thing but still 💔
We've had zero for two days now but it's the rate of infection you go by not the deaths they've said 🤷‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.