Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My cousin is BAME and he says he’s far more terrified of ‘normal’ things like going on a night out, a spot check by the police or even starting a new job than he is covid. He’s faced racism and derogatory remarks his whole life, he just wants to be seen as an equal. It breaks my heart because he has the kindest soul, he’s intelligent, has a masters degree yet all anybody ever judges him off is the colour of his skin, not the person he is. It’s wrong, just so so wrong.
That's heartbreaking. :( I'm sure he's a lovely lad. It's just horrific that people are still so hateful.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The chances of getting it from something you touch are so minimal. So unless someone coughs on your hand and then you touch your eye/or they cough into your eye, it is unlikely. You have to make a real conscious effort to not touch your face when out and about.
I thought viral load played a big part in it ? did they not say crowds of people coughing and sneezing as a group spread it, even if you didn't touch your face the droplets spread over a wide area .That's why they want people to avoid public transport if they can ...

Reactions: 2
They're supposed to be strict here. At least I think so. I was shocked to be honest. I went to a different store to usual so I'm hoping it was just there and it's not like that at my usual store but it was absolutely shocking. Nobody gave a tit! Tried to keep my kids close and put my youngest in the shopping trolley even though he hates it and screamed half the time, then people just kept getting really close anyway. Few times we'd be stood looking at something and someone would reach right over me and my kids. Is it that hard just to wait 2 minutes? :rolleyes:
Yes there is only so much the government can do when people dont take a blind bit of notice. There was a survey a week or so ago that said 30% of people with symptoms arent even isolating. Why the hell not?? And at the start of thectestvtrack and trace people weren't isolating if they had been in contact with someone who tested positive! The supermarket is horrific whenever I've gone. People ignoring the one way, people getting up close etc. Our r rate isnt dropping because of this, more than because some young people least at risk from the virus have a protest.

Reactions: 1
Well we are on an estimated 5000 new cases a day, which is not based on testing but modelling. We have had at least 100 NHS workers die.

Talking produces droplets and aerosol. Shouting does too. The evidence for this exists already. A short watch of a selection of “on the ground” interviews showing people wearing masks incorrectly (pulling them down below the chin, touching the front of the mask, letting their nose sit over the top of the mask uncovered) makes it pretty clear to me that some people are not being particularly rigorous about this. Ultimately if you form crowds of 1000s of people, impossible to observe social distancing, then the virus will spread.

Unless people are sneezing/coughing/spitting on one another, they could be fine. Studies show that outside it is less likely to spread and the droplets quickly drop to the ground. Here we are allowed groups of up to 50 outside, socially distanced, and they are even encouraging outdoor exercise classes.
I mean, medical staff here for the most part have been unaffected. I did see photos of the UK PPE though and it looked not very good compared to what they're given here so I don't know if it is a difference in quality. I guess in 2 weeks we will know. Right now our new daily cases is around 7-10.

I thought viral load played a big part in it ? did they not say crowds of people coughing and sneezing as a group spread it, even if you didn't touch your face the droplets spread over a wide area .That's why they want people to avoid public transport if they can ...

Indoors but outdoors is different.

It is unfortunate these protests have to happen now but I think they're more important than the virus tbh. I am pretty over the virus, I still wear a mask outside but can no longer stay at home and stop living.

Reactions: 5
I got a phone call yesterday from my hair salon to book me in for an appointment as they are planning on opening on 4th July, Government permitting. I’m all booked in for a cut and highlights on 5th July. Wahey!

I persuaded my boyfriend to take me to McDonalds today. I live in the West Midlands. When we got there, the wait time was an hour and a half so we left. 😂 We went to the supermarket instead and I went inside, even though I shouldn’t have done because I am shielding, for ten minutes. I think that I needed to try and do something normal because the idea terrified me as I had been in the house for too long. I conquered a fear today and if I do end up with symptoms, then it will be my own fault. I did wear a mask the whole time.
This is how I feel. I’ve not left the house other than the daily exercise since 23rd March. I had a midwife appointment yesterday and felt very strange going out. Not so much anxious, not even worried about CV ( was excited to finally talk to someone ) but apprehensive and on edge. I obviously want to protect myself and my baby but so worried for my mental well being too. Before all this I was extremely sociable.

Also feel for those poor horses, protest all you want but don't throw bleeping bottles and other crap at the horses. Regardless of wether they are trained to be in those circumstances, they don't raise a hoof and ask to trot on in to those situations. Disgusts me beyond belief 😤
Lashing out a police horse or dog should be same offence as harming a police officer.

Reactions: 9

Indoors but outdoors is different.

It is unfortunate these protests have to happen now but I think they're more important than the virus tbh. I am pretty over the virus, I still wear a mask outside but can no longer stay at home and stop living.
I wasn't talking about the protests just crowds and the virus in general x..That vid hasn't swayed me, it just enforced people have to follow the hygiene measures to minimise their risk of catching it ,weather that be indoors or out.Of course we have to get out and and have some standard of living ,It's been a long 11 weeks we're all done with it now tbh xx.

• Heart
I’m so frustrated looking at Instagram right now ... so many non-London based celebs at the protests, Tamara Eccleston on holiday and so many parties!! What is going on!
I don't get this at all. I thought there was a ban on all non essential travel ? Does this only apply to certain people ?

Can I just leave the country now as long as I observe social distance where ever I'm going .

I'm fed up I have stuck to lock down quite obsessively and I just feel fed up of seeing everybody around me doing what they want. Oh and I need to get to Spain asap as I have apartment viewings lined up from pre lockdown .should have been over there in April and May sorting our relocation plans. 🤬🤬

I am sulking today , had a rubbish say at work and everytime I had to write the date I just wondered where the duck did the year ago . We had so much stuff planned and was so excited for the year ahead, now i feel like everything we have worked hard for years for is falling away. Our business although open is barely turning over enough to operate , clients are asking for discounts on work we have already done " because of covid" the jobs we have already quoted we feel obliged to honour the price even though it's costing so much more in time and supplies.

And that is my rant for today 😂

Thanks for listening

😩

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My friends attended a BLM protest in Cambridge and another friend attended in Peterborough. Both showed videos and pictures of how socially distanced the crowds were and it was nice to see. The protest organisers of the cities were enforcing the social distancing and handing out masks, gloves and hand sanitiser. I thought that was amazing to see and clearly coming from within their own pockets.
Also, with the weather being absolutely awful, it says a lot that crowds haven't thinned in the slightest. This movement is too important to be silenced and although I cant be at any protests, I wish them all health. Theres been SO much action taken in the last week alone in regards to cases reopening with the FBI even getting involved in some. THIS is the reason why we need to carry on.

If theres no peak in 2 weeks, then we'll know it was media scaremongering more than anything else. Idk if rain affects the virus transmission but I like to think its harder to get if everything is wet anyway.

I do think lockdown is well and truly over.

Reactions: 13
I don't get this at all. I thought there was a ban on all non essential travel ? Does this only apply to certain people ?

Can I just leave the country now as long as I observe social distance where ever I'm going .

I'm fed up I have stuck to lock down quite obsessively and I just feel fed up of seeing everybody around me doing what they want. Oh and I need to get to Spain asap as I have apartment viewings lined up from pre lockdown .should have been over there in April and May sorting our relocation plans. 🤬🤬

I am sulking today , had a rubbish say at work and everytime I had to write the date I just wondered where the duck did the year ago . We had so much stuff planned and was so excited for the year ahead, now i feel like everything we have worked hard for years for is falling away. Our business although open is barely turning over enough to operate , clients are asking for discounts on work we have already done " because of covid" the jobs we have already quoted we feel obliged to honour the price even though it's costing so much more in time and supplies.

And that is my rant for today 😂

Thanks for listening

😩
Oh no!! Sending hugs! Life’s pretty shite at the moment but I’m sure it will get better for you ... relocation sounds exciting!

On the holiday front... the attitude of the ecclestons in the comments is ridiculous, it’s like they want a medal for ‘staying indoors for 12 weeks’ but are they seem to be forgetting that we’ve all seen them out and about in Kensington Park (yes, I know this is allowed as exercise but to be biting at people on insta insisting they haven’t left the house is lies!) ... they’re also ignoring the fact that the government guidelines are still all but essential travel! Going on a big family holiday isn’t essential!

Reactions: 3
My friends attended a BLM protest in Cambridge and another friend attended in Peterborough. Both showed videos and pictures of how socially distanced the crowds were and it was nice to see. The protest organisers of the cities were enforcing the social distancing and handing out masks, gloves and hand sanitiser. I thought that was amazing to see and clearly coming from within their own pockets.
Also, with the weather being absolutely awful, it says a lot that crowds haven't thinned in the slightest. This movement is too important to be silenced and although I cant be at any protests, I wish them all health. Theres been SO much action taken in the last week alone in regards to cases reopening with the FBI even getting involved in some. THIS is the reason why we need to carry on.

If theres no peak in 2 weeks, then we'll know it was media scaremongering more than anything else. Idk if rain affects the virus transmission but I like to think its harder to get if everything is wet anyway.

I do think lockdown is well and truly over.
There was a socially distanced quiet gathering in our town and a £70 fine for each protester ..

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
So today has probably been one the angrier days I’ve felt during this whole mess. I work in the railway on the outskirts of London and I saw more people travelling today than I have for the last 3 months. Where are they all going you might ask? So I look on BBC news and there were THOUSANDS of people all crammed together at the BLM protest. Now don’t get me wrong, what happened to George Floyd was a disgrace and the officers involved deserve everything they get BUT why are people in this country ignoring the lockdown and flouting social distancing and using the protest to do so. I am angry because I think of all the people who have died, my own family members who are nurses, those who have no job now and those who are still sick. Everyone has the right to peacefully protest but to undo all the sacrifice people have shown and injure police officers and animals is sickening. Some may say this naive but until coronavirus, I never realised what a selfish world we live in. I’d like to clarify that I hate racism and that I support those who want to peacefully protest but I don’t support those who have ignored the coronavirus measures and who have been violent.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I understand why the protests are important but the scenes I've seen today are just barbaric. There's protesting then just full on rioting and violence.

Reactions: 10
I had to take my baby to a and e the other day (he’s fine... it was a rash but all fine) and I could barely speak to the nurses because I’ve not really had contact with many people since this all started. They were asking me questions and I was like I can’t even comprehend what you’re saying. I’m sure baby brain is playing a part but I really need to engage back in society somehow!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I understand why the protests are important but the scenes I've seen today are just barbaric. There's protesting then just full on rioting and violence.
I drove past a protest it our town. It's absolutely tiny but there was a massive crowd. I peeped as I drove past. There was people with children and signs. Very peaceful and respectful.

I've seen some videos on facebook of larger cities and they look absolutely crazy. No soical distracting and causing absolute chaos!

And dont get my started on the riots where they are harming the police horses. Absolutely vile 😡🤬

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
I think that as a white person, I can’t even begin to truly understand the rage and hurt that people of colour feel. I can’t condone looting, but in terms of violence, if you felt victimised every single day of your life, then you might resort to violence too if you felt it might help to change what you are experiencing relentlessly.

B70CDF73-C003-4039-846D-D4E9A0AB2B84.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I think that as a white person, I can’t even begin to truly understand the rage and hurt that people of colour feel. I can’t condone looting, but in terms of violence, if you felt victimised every single day of your life, then you might resort to violence too if you felt it might help to change what you are experiencing relentlessly.

View attachment 147801
The one's causing havoc will be no more interested in a peaceful protest ,than they are for the man they're protesting for .It happens year on year where I live where scum orchestrate these riots for no other reason than to show their hand.Our town be's wrecked ,businesses be picking up the pieces for months.I feel sorry for all those genuine protesters that will have their name tarnished because they stood peacefully for what they believed in 😐

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’ve decided I’m just getting on with life as normal as possible.

I can’t go everywhere I want, I can’t go shopping or take my little boy to the zoo, but I’ll be damned if I’m spending my life in my front room. That’s not a life. That’s just an existence. I don’t want that.

totally understand it’s each and everybody’s own personal choice. I’m not breaking the “law” so to speak, but I’m not panicking about catching covid.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Protests are important - but we are still on lockdown because of a pandemic.
The lockdown has only been partially lifted - we are not living our normal lives. I can’t go to work, and I can’t visit my dad who is in his last days in a nursing home.
Huge sacrifices are being made, people are losing their jobs and not seeing loved ones at the end of their lives.
I do not believe there is any justification for any mass protest during this.

There was a socially distanced quiet gathering in our town and a £70 fine for each protester ..
Does that mean everyone beyond six people gathering, were issued with a £70 fine?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Protests are important - but we are still on lockdown because of a pandemic.
The lockdown has only been partially lifted - we are not living our normal lives. I can’t go to work, and I can’t visit my dad who is in his last days in a nursing home.
Huge sacrifices are being made, people are losing their jobs and not seeing loved ones at the end of their lives.
I do not believe there is any justification for any mass protest during this.

Does that mean everyone beyond six people gathering, were issued with a £70 fine?
It does, the police are very strict in our town ..we have regular checkpoints around the place ,where we be asked where we're going on a regular basis ..

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.