Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone’s school/childcare said anything about terminating contracts (if nursery/childminder) or asking child to remain at home for 2 weeks if they are found to not be adhering to social distancing outside of school times?
Our childminder has said she cannot look after any children who aren’t social distancing whilst with us, or if being looked after by someone else at any point and she can terminate the contract with immediate effect if found to be breaching restrictions.

also a school close to us(not my kids’) have said about asking child to remain at home if breaching it (not sure how they’ll police that!)
That is exactly what our school have said. I think they are relying on other parents reporting photos to them which show social distancing not taking place. That is a recipe for disaster in my opinion however i do understand for the teachers they dont want to be putting themselves at any more risk than they need to be.

Reactions: 3
Met my 4 best friends for socially distanced drinks in the local park this evening and it has made me feel 100000 time better to just have a laugh with them and forget about the virus for a bit. Would recommend if you can make it work.

Am also now slightly tipsy 🤪

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
The province's daily numbers are just in (Alberta). 7 new cases today which are the lowest number since March 12.
6,624 recovered cases, 328 active cases.
In the last 24 hours, the province has done 6,445 tests which is amazing.

Met my 4 best friends for socially distanced drinks in the local park this evening and it has made me feel 100000 time better to just have a laugh with them and forget about the virus for a bit. Would recommend if you can make it work.

It makes the world of difference doesn’t it. It’s all about just being sensible and making sure everybody is comfortable with the situation 🥰

Reactions: 6

Ooooh which park? I know you are local to me!! I hope you had a good view :)

I am so so sorry for the loss of your dad.
I totally understand how you feel.
We nearly at 40k deaths.

Ok onky caught tail end yesterday's press conference on BBC so wondering if I misinterpreted what Hancock was saying.

They have the impression. Future covid outbreaks will be small and localised.
What does that mean.
Is he downplaying the virus and giving the public false hope and maybe making them more complacent.

The other day we have dishy rishi wandering round a market no mask on paying cash.
Reminded me if that mp in the 80s that fed his daughter a burger during mad cow disease to prove a point.

Then the final part yesterday's news which outraged me and again feels part of strategy get things back to normal too quickly so that the work and send kids back to school.
This was the farcical vote about remote voting with ikea like queues and not great 2 metre distancing.
There's around 200 mps all parties being told they vunerable or their families are so been ordered to sheild .
Also you have many ordered not to use public transport.
The chambers can only hold 50 mps at 2 metres out if 650.
It's not a great day for democracy and is discriminating but it's all about showing the public look nothing be scared of.

There's school in Nottingham staff tested postive yesterday and all staff and kids sent up.
Also a b&q up wirrel that's shut as staff had covid so shut 2 days and deep clean.

I still think that's massive differences regionally within the UK.
South West and north East seem badly hit.
This is just down the road from me. Apparently Merseyside is having a bad time - our R is above 1 and schools panicking about re opening

• Sad
Reactions: 2
ah ok makes sense, thank you! Will definitely making an effort to keep out the way😂 just as we’d finally gone food shopping as a family for the first time for a sense of normality, think we picked the wrong day 😂

thank you, I’ll have to try and catch the briefing once kiddo is in bed! I guess in a small sum of infection a jump can affect adversely 😕
I am not convinced it's all Weston and ubht trust being but shifty with westons generals stats and they tried hard to downplay the closure then it turns out 40% Weston health care staff tested postive after negative tests or showing no symptoms that only came out as it was leaked.

Quite a few have flocked to South West beaches.
That scone other day with ambulance was Dorset.

What little Matty Hancock failed to answer tonight with 2 separate journalist questions was what sparks a localised lock down and what that looks like.
So example South West is if north Somerset/ Dorset and bristol high does Wiltshire or Somerset have be stricter.
How strict is a localised lockdown.
I can only speak area where I live I see roads very busy. Shops and parks busy.
Many more back in work.
People visiting houses.
Not everyone social diatancing
Schools councils have left it up to the head our primary refused open and is still just keyworkers.
Some indication local secondrys still be distance learning in the autumn.

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Back to the teenage yrs drinking in the park 🥴 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5

My brother did this last week, (hes 21) first time hes been out of the house since lockdown 🙄
I said to him, I bet you never thought you'd be drinking in the park with your mates still at 21 😂
Was good for him to finally get out of the house at last though!

My thoughts are totally conflicted with lockdown. I SO want to go to my mums and go in the house (I was living between there and my partners before lockdown but been at my partners since lockdown) so going from been there just about everyday has been HARD! Ive had such an emotional time, crying at adverts, tv programs etc (feeling better now though as ive been able to see family in the garden) but the thought if me maybe taking the virus back to mums is just horrible.

My partners sick of hearing me moaning about people breaking lockdown rules, and anything really to with corona this past week😂 (what else is there to talk about tbh) 🤷🏻‍♀️ he doesnt really see his family that much so the family aspect of it hasnt really hit him as hard as it has me .

I always come on here and have long rambled rants but just need to get it out 😂

Thanks for reading 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Totally wrong thread but.

Trump 🤦‍♀️ I can’t even start a comment.
It’s shocking.

• Wow
WTF was he on tonight he was well away ...and what colour was he 🥴

Reactions: 1
i want to say I’m not shocked,
but even for him it’s a new low.

there has to be something wrong? He can’t be playing with a full deck?
I’m not sure. He is clearly a narcissist but maybe he is suffering from his advancing age? The White House PR team must spend their entire day suffering.

i want to say I’m not shocked,
but even for him it’s a new low.

there has to be something wrong? He can’t be playing with a full deck?
He's heavily medicated he's slurring and rambling ,he's in a bad way !

November can’t come quickly enough,
He’s dangerous.
I agree. The democrats should hopefully walk this in comparison to 2016. I feel like Biden is harder to attack (not impossible) Hilary has the fatal flaw of being a women. Biden is old, white, male and they know Trump’s playbook now.

But then I also didn’t think he would win in 2016 and I though the Scottish independence would happen so my prediction track record isn’t great 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.