Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Schools, shielding and holidays!

• Shielding - I am in this category and I have relaxed my own restrictions on government advice

Votes: 21 5.1%
  • Shielding - I am in this category and I haven't relaxed my own restrictions.

Votes: 37 9.0%
  • Schools - my child has gone back to school/will go back in the next couple of weeks.

Votes: 77 18.7%
  • Schools - my child could go back but I’m keeping them home.

Votes: 88 21.4%
  • I will travel this summer if I can.

Votes: 80 19.5%
  • I’m staying put and going nowhere outside of the U.K.

Votes: 269 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread.

As always links to stats can be found under the tag on our earlier threads.

continue here.

Reactions: 2
Please tell me i am not the only one who had to read 'I am in this cat', 3 times before i finally understood what it meant 🤦🏼‍♀️🐈🐈🐈

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So our flight at the end of August outbound has been cancelled for our wedding. Currently in a big massive stress. Can fly the day after but easyJet online bookings are tit.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Please tell me i am not the only one who had to read 'I am in this cat', 3 times before i finally understood what it meant 🤦🏼‍♀️🐈🐈🐈
I'm lazy STOP SHOUTING AT ME 🤣😂
But for real I didn’t know we were on a new thread and I had no poll and I alway have a poll 😨
What’s a thread without a poll 🤷‍♀️
So it was this or “daddy or chips” 😰 “McFlurry or sundae”

I typed out a quick poll and category kept changing to carrot I DON’T KNOW WHY 🤣😂

I need a nap.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My daughter had her birthday this weekend, she was 18. My mum came to see her, I told her specifically if she did visit she had to stand behind our front wall and my daughter would stand at the door so it would be 3-4 metres. She said it was ok and she would do so. She turned up, slowly kept creeping further forward and at one point stood less than a metre away, then took my daughters phone off her to see photos of her cake etc. Then she announced she had a lift to ours with my brother and my sisters son was in the car also. So from 2 different households,

I have health conditions and my husband has asthma so I didn’t go to the door, I stayed back Inside and saw from the window. My husband went outside and said please stand back, she said ‘we don’t have the virus nor do they in the car’ My husband said ‘people can carry it and not know, I don’t need the risk and we’ve not left our home in 10 weeks to protect ourselves’.

I’ve been so anxious and angry but I’ve not contacted her as it won’t solve anything, my family just would lash out as they’re confrontational and I’m not at all. When my daughter and husband got inside they scrubbed their hands and phone. Im now terrified we‘re at risk. My anxiety has gone wild and on my daughters birthday I felt anxious all day but had to hide it, It reminded me why I have very little to do with my family. I asked my mum to respect my health conditions and not put us at risk, then she does this. She’s putting herself at risk and my stepfather who is diabetic.

Sorry I just needed to vent this. I’m so cross still.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I'm not sure if I can quote replies from the previous thread but Sky News reported they've extended the review to 28 days now so I'm assuming the next one will come in to affect on the 29th June.

What are people’s thoughts on holidays abroad? A few weeks ago I thought there was 0 chance but I’m seeing Ibiza clubs etc stating that they are opening and people on social media seem convinced they are going!

Despite how quickly our government are relaxing the rules, I can’t see other countries welcoming UK residents when we have the highest death rates in Europe ??

Reactions: 1
I'm lazy STOP SHOUTING AT ME 🤣😂
But for real I didn’t know we were on a new thread and I had no poll and I alway have a poll 😨
What’s a thread without a poll 🤷‍♀️
So it was this or “daddy or chips” 😰 “McFlurry or sundae”

I typed out a quick poll and category kept changing to carrot I DON’T KNOW WHY 🤣😂

I need a nap.
I'm in none of those categories. I'm not shielding and my kids are no longer at school. I like doing the vote and I can't on this one 🙁🙁🤣🤣🤣. You could have added another box (none of the above) to allow me to vote🙁🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why are no scientists doing the slides on the daily briefings now?

Last edited:
My daughter had her birthday this weekend, she was 18. My mum came to see her, I told her specifically if she did visit she had to stand behind our front wall and my daughter would stand at the door so it would be 3-4 metres. She said it was ok and she would do so. She turned up, slowly kept creeping further forward and at one point stood less than a metre away, then took my daughters phone off her to see photos of her cake etc. Then she announced she had a lift to ours with my brother and my sisters son was in the car also. So from 2 different households,

I have health conditions and my husband has asthma so I didn’t go to the door, I stayed back Inside and saw from the window. My husband went outside and said please stand back, she said ‘we don’t have the virus nor do they in the car’ My husband said ‘people can carry it and not know, I don’t need the risk and we’ve not left our home in 10 weeks to protect ourselves’.

I’ve been so anxious and angry but I’ve not contacted her as it won’t solve anything, my family just would lash out as they’re confrontational and I’m not at all. When my daughter and husband got inside they scrubbed their hands and phone. Im now terrified we‘re at risk. My anxiety has gone wild and on my daughters birthday I felt anxious all day but had to hide it, It reminded me why I have very little to do with my family. I asked my mum to respect my health conditions and not put us at risk, then she does this. She’s putting herself at risk and my stepfather who is diabetic.

Sorry I just needed to vent this. I’m so cross still.
Hope your daughter had a fab birthday!

You stayed inside and everyone scrubbed themselves coming in so I wouldn't worry too much about it. You've done what YOU personally can. Also are there many cases in your area? If it's a relatively small number then the risk reduces.

If they want to mingle and put themselves at risk then that's on them but you've done what is best for your family so sod them!

What are people’s thoughts on holidays abroad? A few weeks ago I thought there was 0 chance but I’m seeing Ibiza clubs etc stating that they are opening and people on social media seem convinced they are going!

Despite how quickly our government are relaxing the rules, I can’t see other countries welcoming UK residents when we have the highest death rates in Europe ??
I wouldn't be going abroad but if I did, I'd be nowhere near a club in Ibiza! However I did my best clubbing 20 years ago! Younger people seem to have taken their own risk assessments though and decided they arent at risk. Why has the government made it illegal for people from different households to have sex? It was prohibited in the first place, so there must have been enough of an issue with people maybe living alone but in relationships popping round to their boyfriend/ girlfriend/fwb house for a bit of slap and tickle. I bet poor Matt Hancock was too embarrassed to tell people not to do it so they had to make it illegal 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I'm in none of those categories. I'm not shielding and my kids are no longer at school. I like doing the vote and I can't on this one 🙁🙁🤣🤣🤣. You could have added another box (none of the above) to allow me to vote🙁🤣🤣
updated question/vote options 😬

Why are no scientists doing the slides on the daily briefings now?
weekend briefings are also a thing of the past!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3

If we could go quarantine free I’d be first on a flight to be honest. Haven’t been clubbing in 14 weeks! Which might actually be the longest in my adult life? o_O

Reactions: 4

i don't really know tbh. A lot of me wants to go cause I want a holiday but I don't want to risk spreading it. There aren't many cases in my area so that is ok but i'm more concerned about travelling to an airport and then on the plane. I'm not too concerned about me getting it. More spreading.

Although the friend I'm going with is a paramedic in london and she doesn't seem concerned and is happy to go so idk if that is any help cause it was to me lmao

Reactions: 1

All Tui holidays now cancelled upto the 1st July. We are due to go 24th July. You can still book Tui holidays from 2nd July onwards.

Spain are apparently moving into phase 2 this week.

I don't understand how Boris has said we will be leaving 2 weeks between each phase and we've gone from 4 and getting ready to start phase 1 in 3 weeks.

Life is pretty normal here. Work is hard and emotionally and physically draining. Cried when I got home tonight 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Hope your daughter had a fab birthday!

You stayed inside and everyone scrubbed themselves coming in so I wouldn't worry too much about it. You've done what YOU personally can. Also are there many cases in your area? If it's a relatively small number then the risk reduces.

If they want to mingle and put themselves at risk then that's on them but you've done what is best for your family so sod them!
Thank you so much lovely. You can imagine why it infuriated me, still total disregard for my family and my health. Just their usual selfish, irresponsible ways.

I think here it’s not too bad now but it was bad a few weeks ago, we peaked later than other areas. I’m struggling to find out how many cases in my actual county.

Thank you xx

Thank you so much lovely. You can imagine why it infuriated me, still total disregard for my family and my health. Just their usual selfish, irresponsible ways.

I think here it’s not too bad now but it was bad a few weeks ago, we peaked later than other areas. I’m struggling to find out how many cases in my actual county.

Thank you xx
Absolutely. I've been dealing with a similar situation here and whenever I explain it just falls on deaf ears! It's just so frustration when it's always what they want with no concern for your needs.

I wouldn't worry too much cause you'll make yourself ill with it! You've all done what you can, that's all you can do ❤

• Heart
Absolutely. I've been dealing with a similar situation here and whenever I explain it just falls on deaf ears! It's just so frustration when it's always what they want with no concern for your needs.

I wouldn't worry too much cause you'll make yourself ill with it! You've all done what you can, that's all you can do ❤
I read cases are still quite bad around here so I am more worried. I just feel like all our hard work for nothing and taking so much care of ourselves, washing groceries, wiping parcels, staying home etc and then we’re put at risk by people we have little to do with. It did tarnish my daughters day for me, as you’ll understand with my family history.

I guess all I can do is sit and wait now but I feel sick with worry. Xxx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.