Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chester Zoo holds such a special place in our hearts. It's somewhere I visited frequently as a child and we now take our own children every summer. We actually have pictures of our two sat on the big elephant statue each years and we love seeing how much they've grown over the years.
Think it's disgusting that I can go to Primark but might never be able to visit Chester Zoo again.
What about themeparks too? Surely the same must apply to them?

It's bizzare, there is no reason why they can't open safely and if anything a lot safer than Primark and all the supermarket 🙄

Alton towers have announced they will be open soon to walk around the gardens, why can people not walk round the zoo ( maybe just close the indoor habitats off to guests)

Reactions: 6
It's bizzare, there is no reason why they can't open safely and if anything a lot safer than Primark and all the supermarket 🙄

Alton towers have announced they will be open soon to walk around the gardens, why can people not walk round the zoo ( maybe just close the indoor habitats off to guests)
Imagine telling your kids your going to alton towers and only go to the gardens 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10

I thought they were encouraging outdoor activities , a zoo would be perfect . Maybe just book a certain number of people daily .

Reactions: 4
Even in the height of summer and it's busiest times, I've never once felt crowded in at Chester Zoo. It's plenty big enough to ensure social distancing and they've even said themselves that they were going to take online bookings only so could control the daily number of visitors. What's going to happen to all those animals? This has genuinely upset me

• Sad
Reactions: 13
So I've just been to McDonalds. We was passing 🙄 I panicked and/or got too excited and ordered my daughter 20 chicken nuggets. Shes "5 and 99%" in her words. Wtf is wrong with me.

Anyway going in wasnt too bad, maybe a 20 minute wait. Coming out was horrendous, the que going in was backed all the way down to the roundabout causing it to become grid locked, it's a massive one linking 3 dual cartridge ways together. 🤦‍♀️
I hope she shared the nuggets! I’m in no hurry to go, but I do get that this is seen as a step towards normality and I understand that.

I am so over home schooling. I don’t have any enthusiasm at all left for it.

Reactions: 2
Even in the height of summer and it's busiest times, I've never once felt crowded in at Chester Zoo. It's plenty big enough to ensure social distancing and they've even said themselves that they were going to take online bookings only so could control the daily number of visitors. What's going to happen to all those animals? This has genuinely upset me
It sounds like a perfectly workable thing x.

One of my family members has just got her dream job as a keeper at Chester Zoo. The poor animals and staff that work so hard. The conservation work there is like no other UK zoo. So heartbroken. I’ve donated some money but it’s nothing compared to the revenue they could make with even the fraction of the visitors they usually have!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
One of the local forestry places by us has opened with ticketing ie you book a slot and have a 20 min time slot to get in. It’s huge so no reason why people can’t stay apart but I’m gutted the slots have gone already! Everyone else must have had the same idea 😂

I just feel so done in with it now. I don’t care much about shops opening but I just feel like this new normal is a weird sense of limbo. We are all so desensitised now

Reactions: 4
One of my family members has just got her dream job as a keeper at Chester Zoo. The poor animals and staff that work so hard. The conservation work there is like no other UK zoo. So heartbroken. I’ve donated some money but it’s nothing compared to the revenue they could make with even the fraction of the visitors they usually have!
I did some work experience there years ago during my veterinary training. Amazing place

I did some work experience there years ago during my veterinary training. Amazing place

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I thought they were encouraging outdoor activities , a zoo would be perfect . Maybe just book a certain number of people daily .

I know it could be so easily controlled. A marked out one way route on the floor, family's or small groups set off together. I suppose they would to encourage people to keep moving slowly so crowds don't build at each animal. close off the indoor habitats.

I know it will probably offend some people and not everybody could afford or may not want to but I would love to see them do some sort of higher priced exclusive tours / access to the zoo. No idea how it could work in reality but surely there is a way you could for example choose an animal , take your own picnic , get for example a 90 min slot. I would certainly be happy to pay for something like that a nice elephant view picnic with the kids.

I know it could be so easily controlled. A marked out one way route on the floor, family's or small groups set off together. I suppose they would to encourage people to keep moving slowly so crowds don't build at each animal. close off the indoor habitats.

I know it will probably offend some people and not everybody could afford or may not want to but I would love to see them do some sort of higher priced exclusive tours / access to the zoo. No idea how it could work in reality but surely there is a way you could for example choose an animal , take your own picnic , get for example a 90 min slot. I would certainly be happy to pay for something like that a nice elephant view picnic with the kids.

Agreed, we are there at least once a month in the winter and practically every week in the summer and never feel crowded in. Plus with the online bookings it will be much easier to control, I can't believe they are just being left and ignored.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I am so so sorry for the loss of your dad.
I totally understand how you feel.
We nearly at 40k deaths.

Ok onky caught tail end yesterday's press conference on BBC so wondering if I misinterpreted what Hancock was saying.

They have the impression. Future covid outbreaks will be small and localised.
What does that mean.
Is he downplaying the virus and giving the public false hope and maybe making them more complacent.

The other day we have dishy rishi wandering round a market no mask on paying cash.
Reminded me if that mp in the 80s that fed his daughter a burger during mad cow disease to prove a point.

Then the final part yesterday's news which outraged me and again feels part of strategy get things back to normal too quickly so that the work and send kids back to school.
This was the farcical vote about remote voting with ikea like queues and not great 2 metre distancing.
There's around 200 mps all parties being told they vunerable or their families are so been ordered to sheild .
Also you have many ordered not to use public transport.
The chambers can only hold 50 mps at 2 metres out if 650.
It's not a great day for democracy and is discriminating but it's all about showing the public look nothing be scared of.

There's school in Nottingham staff tested postive yesterday and all staff and kids sent up.
Also a b&q up wirrel that's shut as staff had covid so shut 2 days and deep clean.

I still think that's massive differences regionally within the UK.
South West and north East seem badly hit.
We have a low number of cases in the area of the South west

Higest hospital death toll today for 2 weeks apparently. 215 😥
NHS England statistics are showing a few deaths being added even as far back from the peak. The numbers over the last 2 weeks or so NHS setting wise are beginning to look positive x

Bloody hell I'm pleased to report....I'VE HAD A MCDONALDS! :giggle: 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳👏 I was passing and saw cars queuing and well I didnt need to think twice I quickly joined the queue :LOL:. TBH didn't have to queue long about 20 mins but it was worth it. I had a hamburger, large fries and a coke.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
So, Cyprus has had only 17 deaths, Bulgaria- 146, Greece- 179, Albania- 33, and all this compared to UK's 40,000!!! And Priti still insists on 14 day quarantine for all arrivals, regardless of where they're coming from! Makes no sense. 😖 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Is this Chester Zoo??

We had a family membership there for my whole childhood. It broke my heart seeing that post and the amount of debt they are in. It is such a massive space and visitor numbers could easily be controlled. Markings could be put round the edge of each enclosure to show you where to stand to ensure social distancing. There’s no need for it to stay closed😭😭

Also, just to add the fact that a few miles down the road Cheshire Oaks will no doubt be full to its brim come next week!
That is sad. Our zoo reopened a few weeks ago and they have markings, a one way system, no indoor areas opened and its by booking a time slot only.

Reactions: 3
Sky news had a report on it last night there were 62,000 excess deaths reported from March to May .These deaths don't be counted in the daily figures as they're indirectly linked to the virus .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.