Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Abcd123

VIP Member
Also sending out love to those who have lost loved ones or who are currently fighting this virus ❤❤

When do we think we'll be able to say we've 'beaten the virus' as in when will it be safe to hug loved ones?

I've been so fortunate to WFH since just lockdown when my school closed. I'm high risk (not sheilding the list below those people) & have been v careful when shopping wearing a mask.... the thought of returning to some sort of normal ity is really scaring me.

I may have to send me 2 YO to nursery if I have to return back to school (secondary, rota) and I'm just so scared.

Husband said when the numbers drop back down to like 10-20 deaths he'll feel more confident to hug relatives etc...

Sorry if I'm not making sense.- I suppose I'm asking the stupid, pointless question that nobody knows the answer to -- when will this be over??!!!

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I was supposed to have my hair done a few days after lockdown started so my hairdresser has told me I’ll be one of the first in as she’s prioritising those.

Sounds like it will be interesting. PPE and one in, one out.

I might have to turn it down though because I’ll have no sitter for my kids and can’t really take them with me.

Seems that might be an ongoing issue for a while. I feel like my kids are becoming extra limbs. I’ve not been without them in 3 months. 😖
I have the same issue. My hairdresser offered me the first appts as I was supposed to go on the first week of lockdown but I’ve had to turn her down as until I can have my mum or someone watch my son I can’t go anywhere. My roots are out of this world 🤦‍♀️

Titntat

VIP Member
Shes working but she said she’s been told the guidance is atm that she can only have children from one household and she’s already got some children from another household whose mum is a frontline worker...
Not sure if that’s the guidance everywhere. But if it stays that way when I have to go back to work, I won’t be able to go back. I’ve got nobody to have them but I’ll also have no money 😭
Oh gosh. Hopefully its sorted by then xx

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
So how many of you are back at work?
Have worked throughout in my office, my other half has been working from home. We are both key workers but have managed to juggle childcare so far as I really don’t want my kids attending the childcare hubs unless completely necessary.

fireflies

VIP Member
Yep but some areas have lowered restrictions (specifically Florida where my friends are) and they have sent me pics of them eating out etc. I'm really jealous 😑

Also just to add, as someone who has stuck to the lockdown rules if we end up having to have further restrictions in south west at this point I'm going to have a breakdown. If the rest of the country are allowed to be out and enjoying themselves i will be fuming at having to be stuck in my flat for even longer.

Jsut hope their sensible in that the R raising doesn't mean as much here when we have very few cases comparatively.
It's hard to know how specific it
South West a large area with a few cities but also coastal and rural areas.
Maybe it's Weston and north Somerset pushing up the South West r rate.
All I can say is where I live it seems busy.

Jamhead

VIP Member
What's the difference between people tested and number of tests?
I believe one person has at least 2 swabs (nose and throat), that is counted as 2 seperate tests in the figures. So 100,000 tests could be 50,000 people.

KateESJ

VIP Member
I’m not judging people - just hoping that people will take responsibility during a pandemic.
Many people have lost loved ones - and are suffering with mental health issues and are crippled financially.
It’s not over - until it is I will do what I can to keep myself and others safe, and hope others do so too.

When I said ignore others - I meant others who are ignoring safety measures.
Right, which the protesters are... it just seemed a bit contradictory.

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
As in it doesn’t me we ignore them as well?
I think the only way we can get over this, is do what we can to keep ourselves and others safe - and if others don’t follow suit, we try our best regardless.

Right, which the protesters are... it just seemed a bit contradictory.
But protesting in mass groups of thousands is not social distancing - or keeping yourself or others safe during a pandemic?

I hope we can manage this - if not, and we ignore measures because others are - when will be return to our lives and get out of lockdown?

bubbletea123

VIP Member
It passes through the eye's you just have to touch your eye to catch it..you need full PPE visors etc to stand a chance
The chances of getting it from something you touch are so minimal. So unless someone coughs on your hand and then you touch your eye/or they cough into your eye, it is unlikely. You have to make a real conscious effort to not touch your face when out and about. My partner goes grocery shopping every 2 weeks and is out for 8 hours at a time because of the queuing system... he wears a mask, and is around plenty of people and so far (touch wood) hasn't got ill. I really don't think it is as contagious as they thought it was in terms of getting it from touching items because otherwise, everyone at the supermarket would get it from touching food, etc. I mean, there have been supermarket staff who have got covid it hasn't caused an outbreak so...

wizardora

Shes working but she said she’s been told the guidance is atm that she can only have children from one household and she’s already got some children from another household whose mum is a frontline worker...
Not sure if that’s the guidance everywhere. But if it stays that way when I have to go back to work, I won’t be able to go back. I’ve got nobody to have them but I’ll also have no money 😭
That was the initial guidance, before the 1st of June I believe. Our childminder reopened on the 1st June along with when schools were allowed to reopen. I guess childminders are allowed to do what they feel is safest for them. My youngest returns to childminder next week, but she’s got 3 others in already

KateESJ

VIP Member
As in it doesn’t me we ignore them as well?
I think the only way we can get over this, is do what we can to keep ourselves and others safe - and if others don’t follow suit, we try our best regardless.

But protesting in mass groups of thousands is not social distancing - or keeping yourself or others safe during a pandemic?

I hope we can manage this - if not, and we ignore measures because others are - when will be return to our lives and get out of lockdown?
You said you ignore others who are not following safety measures. Which is exactly whats happening at the protests, they’re not following the guidelines.

I’m not faulting you at all for having an opinion, it just seemed contradictory to what you said about ignoring other people who were not following the measures.

Squarehole

VIP Member
Yeah - i actually think Matt Hancock basicslly saod that yesterday too. He said NW have a problem with a rising number of cases and South West have a different less troubling issue with very low cases overall but the R is higher.

People on my fb seem to absolutely love posting our local newspaper headline about how the r is over 1 and saying how we are gonna get coronavirus imminently though 😅
The R rate is exponential though so if you have an R rate over 1 things could rise really quickly is that not the point so the low number of cases could turn into a lot of cases very quickly ?

Tublet83

VIP Member
The NE has a much more effective testing regime than other parts of the country so there are higher figures partly because it’s been better at testing.

Web30

VIP Member
From a fellow teacher I empathise with how hard this is.

Oh the other hand my kids may be able that I am not ambling around the room 😂

Tbf didn’t the say the antibody tests weren’t always accurate?
Oh I don't know. These have been done at the hospital and they seem pretty confident with the testing.