Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is very much conspiracy but does anyone remember Sylvia Browns claims in her predictions

“In around 2020 a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and the bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments.”

“Almost more baffling than the illness itself will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it has arrived, attack again 10 years later, and then disappear completely.”

I take these things with a pinch of salt but I can’t quite help but believe it will go as quick as it came.

I will get my tin hat and make my way out.....
Part of me thinks/hopes it will go as quickly as it has come. Then we’ve got ten years of living it up... although in Ten years I’ll be 47.... may not survive it that time!

Reactions: 2
Our school has recently shut too due to a case and yes we have also been told all family must isolate
I've double checked the information they've sent home and it definitely says the whole family must isolate if a child or member of staff from the bubble has symptoms. That is part of the condition of you sending your child back but it may differ from school to school/area to area.
I know when i intially read it, i thought it was a bit crazy as kids always gets sniffles and temperatures on their return to school and I'm not sure many parents could afford to keep having to take odd days off everytime a child in their childs bubble has symptoms until they get test results.
It is very clear our school do not want pupils returning en mass though, they have a very long and comprehensive list of conditions parents and pupils must meet, so i wouldn't be surprised if the isolation for the whole family is not a nationwide thing!

Last edited:
I don't believe the confenece now all regions below 1.

Just had email from Bristol council saying later today there's going to be an announcement later today that the r level is officially at 1.

10 k protesters yesterday can see South West being regionally locked down.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Our local hospital has a new low figure. Only caring for 9 patients with covid 🥳.

With overall numbers looking good today everywhere. I cant help thinking it's too good to be true. But fingers crossed x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh i don't know then, our school are saying it has to be the whole family. Assuming they have all had contact with the child who attended school with the suspected case
I just assumed that was the ruling as they have an nhs style flow chart with it on, maybe not then?
The NHS guidance however states not the whole household (I believe) But I guess school are taking their own precautions?

Reactions: 1
Our local hospital has a new low figure. Only caring for 9 patients with covid 🥳.

With overall numbers looking good today everywhere. I cant help thinking it's too good to be true. But fingers crossed x
Our numbers are really low now and we're moving onto the nxt phase ..family and friend's will be allowed to meet in bubbles shortly

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Half heard the latest news, Has Priti Patel banned protests?
large gatherings or something?

Half heard the latest news, Has Priti Patel banned protests?
large gatherings or something?
No - just urging people not to attend large gatherings. It’s worrying that we may have another increase in a few weeks - fingers crossed that will not be the case.

No - just urging people not to attend large gatherings. It’s worrying that we may have another increase in a few weeks - fingers crossed that will not be the case.
Question, because i see alot on here about how after certain events we expect an increase in a few weeks. Are they now saying it normally takes a few weeks to show? Or do you guys mean an increase in deaths in a few weeks?

I'd have thought we'd start seeing positive tests go up within the next 7 days somewhat if the protests had an effect but not sure what the average incubation period is? I know it can be up to 2 weeks but I'd have thought it's normally within a few days(literally me guessing though)

How do people find out their local stats? I’m in Sheffield and can never find anything regarding up to date stats, is there a particular website people use or something?

Question, because i see alot on here about how after certain events we expect an increase in a few weeks. Are they now saying it normally takes a few weeks to show? Or do you guys mean an increase in deaths in a few weeks?

I'd have thought we'd start seeing positive tests go up within the next 7 days somewhat if the protests had an effect but not sure what the average incubation period is? I know it can be up to 2 weeks but I'd have thought it's normally within a few days(literally me guessing though)
I think it depends. Transmission starts period of infection - for the initial infected individual, e.g if someone can hold the infection for 7 days - they could be in contact with different people over that period. They may not show symptoms straight away etc, and then be in contact with different folk over their infection period. It could be weeks, rather than days, if infections increase again.

I went back to work today. For the first hour it was just me alone in the office, with the door open and the sound of just birds and the odd sheep 'baaing' in the field (my work is very rural!)

Given I have been at home with my two children for close to 3 months you can imagine the BLISS of this moment!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I went back to work today. For the first hour it was just me alone in the office, with the door open and the sound of just birds and the odd sheep 'baaing' in the field (my work is very rural!)

Given I have been at home with my two children for close to 3 months you can imagine the BLISS of this moment!
That sounds lovely! I am incredibly jealous 😂 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Our numbers are really low now and we're moving onto the nxt phase ..family and friend's will be allowed to meet in bubbles shortly
Will this be inside? What about socially distanced?
It’s a good sign 💗💗

Feels like softplay is never going to happen again. Seems like another life letting kids share ball pits doesn’t it.
They would need to be deep cleaned every hour between booked groups of kids.
As relaxed as I'm becoming those germ filled places are way down on my list of places to revisit.

I've double checked the information they've sent home and it definitely says the whole family must isolate if a child or member of staff from the bubble has symptoms. That is part of the condition of you sending your child back but it may differ from school to school/area to area.
I know when i intially read it, i thought it was a bit crazy as kids always gets sniffles and temperatures on their return to school and I'm not sure many parents could afford to keep having to take odd days off everytime a child in their childs bubble has symptoms until they get test results.
It is very clear our school do not want pupils returning en mass though, they have a very long and comprehensive list of conditions parents and pupils must meet, so i wouldn't be surprised if the isolation for the whole family is not a nationwide thing!
That's going to be a nightmare come September if it's still in place.
All the normal bugs flying round may have to be treated as covid untill a test result says otherwise. Not many work places will be happy with parents having to take time off for another kids results.

There's a meeting on Thursday and they'll tell us the details after that ,they said something like NZ whatever they're doing?

NI
my family all live in Northern Ireland so cant wait to fly home and see them when it’s safe to do so, haven’t seen them since Christmas 😭

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.