Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am currently looking at the Warwick Castle website. They are opening their grounds on the 6th. I am DESPERATE to get us out the house even if we can’t go in the castle It should still be a nice few hours out with a picnic. I’m just fed up and looking for anything that might possibly bring joy into our lives again especially now the sun has fucked off I just need one little thing to look forward to... just one!

I’m absolutely done with it all, I want to just sleep until it’s all over and we can have fun again. Home school can go take a running jump as far as I’m concerned. Last week was lovely with no work set but it’s all gone to tit this week, the anxiety it causes me is something else and probably totally over the top but I can’t help it. I’m not teacher material and I don’t know how the kids’ teachers can help me From the other side of a screen.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I have had two messages this morning from beautician and nail lady who said they have been given preliminary
date of 4th July to open. Government will announce, I wonder when

Reactions: 2
I have had two messages this morning from beautician and nail lady who said they have been given preliminary
I was messaged by my hairdresser yesterday to see if I wanted to be placed on a waiting list. It was a big, fat yes from me ✂😂

Reactions: 4
I was messaged by my hairdresser yesterday to see if I wanted to be placed on a waiting list. It was a big, fat yes from me ✂😂
Yay!!! I didn’t hear from my hairdresser so I have messaged her . Did your hairdresser have a date to re open?

Reactions: 1
I have already booked in with my hairdresser for end of August. I didn’t want to go even longer without an appointment if they do open in August because people will be jumping at the chance.

Beautician told me to bring my own mask. Nothing Mentioned from nail lady though. I did read that hairdressers would supply ppe for customer and add £2 to the bill. Sounds reasonable enough to me.

Reactions: 3
So glad all my hair appts are pre booked for the year, so they’re still in the diary for as soon as she’s back up and running! Assuming my June appointment won’t go ahead for I have one in for end of July thank the lord!

I was supposed to have my hair done a few days after lockdown started so my hairdresser has told me I’ll be one of the first in as she’s prioritising those.

Sounds like it will be interesting. PPE and one in, one out.

I might have to turn it down though because I’ll have no sitter for my kids and can’t really take them with me.

Seems that might be an ongoing issue for a while. I feel like my kids are becoming extra limbs. I’ve not been without them in 3 months. 😖

I was supposed to have my hair done a few days after lockdown started so my hairdresser has told me I’ll be one of the first in as she’s prioritising those.

Sounds like it will be interesting. PPE and one in, one out.

I might have to turn it down though because I’ll have no sitter for my kids and can’t really take them with me.

Seems that might be an ongoing issue for a while. I feel like my kids are becoming extra limbs. I’ve not been without them in 3 months. 😖
I have the same issue. My hairdresser offered me the first appts as I was supposed to go on the first week of lockdown but I’ve had to turn her down as until I can have my mum or someone watch my son I can’t go anywhere. My roots are out of this world 🤦‍♀️

Just a little positivity, my six year old went back to school today and they have been amazing. They did fun games to teach them how to play and socially distance but also have stated that they cannot and will not have a 100% no touching policy because it’s traumatising and unnatural. They are encouraging other ways of affection and they are still having story time, they just have a named spot on the floor. They played hide and seek, watched Tarzan and have given each child a named comfort taggy. They have phoned me this afternoon and asked if it was ok for her to come out of her Bubble once a week to have one to one with a teacher trained in childhood trauma, to do crafts and activities and have a talk about how they are feeling. I am really really impressed and a little bit tearful at how amazing they are being.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I need to get my 'lady garden' seen to but I'm too scared to go to a beautician but the longer this goes on the more embarrassed I'm going to be to go in and get it done 😳 I may have to go full 70's ( lucky I've been married a long time!

• Haha
Well if had the phone call, my work place is closing down permanently. We had just started to pick up, but they just aren’t going to survive this.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I need to get my 'lady garden' seen to but I'm too scared to go to a beautician but the longer this goes on the more embarrassed I'm going to be to go in and get it done 😳 I may have to go full 70's ( lucky I've been married a long time!
😂😂 your face will be hidden behind a mask and so will hers so minimal embarrassment. Remember too that very few will have trimmed their lady garden, so she’ll be expecting it!

Just a little positivity, my six year old went back to school today and they have been amazing. They did fun games to teach them how to play and socially distance but also have stated that they cannot and will not have a 100% no touching policy because it’s traumatising and unnatural. They are encouraging other ways of affection and they are still having story time, they just have a named spot on the floor. They played hide and seek, watched Tarzan and have given each child a named comfort taggy. They have phoned me this afternoon and asked if it was ok for her to come out of her Bubble once a week to have one to one with a teacher trained in childhood trauma, to do crafts and activities and have a talk about how they are feeling. I am really really impressed and a little bit tearful at how amazing they are being.
Sounds a very positive experience for everyone, this gives me hope And is lovely to hear. I bet she’s full of stories this evening. Onwards and upwards for schools

Just wanted to add, I haven’t heard any stories/feedback of anything other than it being a great back to school experience. I hope all of the children have as good a return as your daughter.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Well 3 things annoyed me today.

Spoke to dad he's not exactly overjoyed be shielding another 10 weeks in Wales.
My aunt desperately wants to see her grandkids but she can't as they live over 5miles.
Wales banging on about how they want strict lockdown and they do things differently.

Then they announce schools all year groups opening end of June what a farce.
Ni said September and scotland August

This differing scinece between nations

On going debacle about parliament biting excluding 200 mps who are shielding.
I said to dad they opening parliament so people go back to work.
But then you have people travelling hundreds of miles.

The icing on the cake today the bloody business Secretary who was visibly ill and showing symptoms yesterday giving his speech sweating and coughing.
I mean if you show any symptoms stay at Home.
God knows how many people have he's infected and now they all have to be tested.
Mogg a great Speaker but he's wrong on this instance the non remote voting us unfair and the whole policy is discriminating.

I guess Boris is immune getting virus 2nd time.
But what about dishy rishi has he had it yet.
It's this whole do as I say not as we do that's pissing me off.

What does everyone think to the no deaths by end of June? I don’t know if I believe no deaths, but I reckon it’ll be very low.

It will either be low by the end of June or a second peak. Mostly weather dependant i think.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.