Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have our own business and I can run it from our home office so me personally working and having the kids here at home is no issue but just this week we have had 3 employees off , I understand why this has to be in place but when you have planned and budgeted for a project completing it's a nightmare logistically. Unfortunately I also have a feeling 2 of them are totally playing on it and were just hungover/ not arsed coming in .

Exactly people have been banging on about this 2nd wave since April especially after the bank holidays ( how many bank holidays have we had now 3) still no 2nd wave to be seen .

I was do convinced they'd be a 2nd wave after Easter/VE day/Eid but there hasnt been.

I'm really starting to think that actually the peak after lockdown WAS the second wave and the first wave was just before lockdown... Thoughts on this?

Attachments

Reactions: 9
Yes, i believe so. You all need to isolate until the child gets their result. If it's negative you can stop but positive you need to continue isolating for 14 days.
I hope it's a negative result 🤞🏻
We have been informed that only our six year old needs to stay at home as a precaution. My partner does not have to stay off work.

Reactions: 3
Did someone not say earlier in the thread that the asymptomatic people tested where they work had no anti-bodies but the people that showed symptoms had .Then someone else contradicted this they were having the opposite results when they were tested .Makes you wonder how valid the tests are?
I don’t think necessarily that they had to be asymptomatic. I mean I guess they were if you go based off when they’re saying covid arrived in the country 😅😂 I’ve tested positive for antibodies, I tested negative in May for covid but it’s been said potentially we could have had it before we were even aware of what ‘symptoms’ to look out for. There’s plenty of people who have tested positive for covid who were displaying very strong, obvious symptoms who don’t have antibodies, the tests were developed and they believed that only 10% of people would have any antibodies and that’s a consistent picture of what is coming out of my trust as we all gradually get tested and receive their test results.

I’ve took the only positive I can from it and I’m booked in to donate plasma so hopefully I can help somebody who needs it! ☺

Reactions: 5
Jesus I'm just watching the news they were interviewing people arriving at Manchester airport ,there's this one guy they interviewed didn't have a clue he had to quarantine but he was getting the subway to his destination ...while saying he was feeling unwell and was looking to go to hospital 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I wonder how Lush is going to work when they reopen? I mean the whole point of the shopping in there is to have a smell of the bath bombs.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wonder how Lush is going to work when they reopen? I mean the whole point of the shopping in there is to have a smell of the bath bombs.
What do ye mean ? everyone's not going have a sense of smell because of the virus😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What do ye mean ? everyone's not going have a sense of smell because of the virus😂
Lush will still be detectable. Even to those who have lost their sense of smell. It breaks down all smell barriers! It should actually be used as a weapon of mass destruction 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Maybe I’ll actually be able to shop there now without fear of being pounced on by an overzealous staff member as soon as I walk in the door :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Lush will still be detectable. Even to those who have lost their sense of smell. It breaks down all smell barriers! It should actually be used as a weapon of mass destruction 😂
Virus testing station,if you can smell the unicorn bath fizzer your negative 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Went to LUSH in Germany a couple of weeks ago (shops here reopened earlier). I wasn't allowed to enter. Two members of staff were sitting at a table by the door and asked me what I wanted... One of them got three different bath bombs and described them to me (colours, smell...) and I just chose one and the other one took my money 🤷🏼‍♀️(I'm not kidding! 😅)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Did someone not say earlier in the thread that the asymptomatic people tested where they work had no anti-bodies but the people that showed symptoms had .Then someone else contradicted this they were having the opposite results when they were tested .Makes you wonder how valid the tests are?
this was me, we had a few people picked up as positive through asymptomatic swabbing but when they had the antibody test it came back negative

Reactions: 2
Went to LUSH in Germany a couple of weeks ago (shops here reopened earlier). I wasn't allowed to enter. Two members of staff were sitting at a table by the door and asked me what I wanted... One of them got three different bath bombs and described them to me (colours, smell...) and I just chose one and the other one took my money 🤷🏼‍♀️(I'm not kidding! 😅)
Three bath bombs when they have about 30 to choose from. :oops: :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
this was me, we had a few people picked up as positive through asymptomatic swabbing but when they had the antibody test it came back negative
We were just discussing the WHO they've put out more contrary findings again...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.