Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello everyone šŸ‘‹

Seasoned Tattler here but new to this thread so I hope this is OK to post and not repeating anyone / breaking any rules.

I just wanted to share some positive news. I live on the Isle of Man and today we have officially no known cases and are 14 days new case free!

I know we are a small population and we were fortunte to be able to close our boarders but the fact the virus got here yet we got it under control is surely a positive sign that lockdown and social distancing works?

I just wanted to spread some positive news and encourage people to keep being sensible and we will beat this :)

Stats from a local news outlet below.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Saw this on twitter and found it quite interesting. These daily briefings are beginning to become incredibly negative and toxic.
Its not how they chose to *announce* it though itā€™s how deaths are recorded in hospitals. This is the same for covid and non covid deaths and at other times of the year.
Less staff overall are in on the weekends for example so the deaths arenā€™t fully signed off in the same time than if someone died at 10am on a Wednesday and itā€™s why the 7 day rolling average is the most important slide in the conferences.

Reactions: 3
Its not how they chose to *announce* it though itā€™s how deaths are recorded in hospitals. This is the same for covid and non covid deaths and at other times of the year.
Less staff overall are in on the weekends for example so the deaths arenā€™t fully signed off in the same time than if someone died at 10am on a Wednesday and itā€™s why the 7 day rolling average is the most important slide in the conferences.
I know why they are announced the way they are, my issue is that they donā€™t provide the appropriate amount of information and a breakdown of where the numbers have come from and are content with people sitting at home absolutely terrified when actually the large majority of deaths are from days, sometimes even weeks ago. Transparency is needed, yet they give us none.

Even down to the infection rates, when you look at positive cases based on the day of test thatā€™s not even what is going on there.

I donā€™t think Iā€™m alone in saying Iā€™d rather they didnā€™t come do these briefings every day and in fact they happened less and actually what we were presented were cold, hard facts instead of allowing people to get worked up into a frenzy over what they come out and say every day.

Reactions: 5
Devastated to hear about Chester Zoo
i am too. we all love the programme about it and we planned on visiting it this summer (its hundreds of miles from us). my husband wanted to see mr Parsons the chameleon and my daughter loves Capybara which they have there.
Colchester Zoo in Essex may also have to close as it costs so much for the animals upkeep and theres no visitors.
I bet if someone started a fundraising page plenty of people would donate .

Reactions: 2
I know why they are announced the way they are, my issue is that they donā€™t provide the appropriate amount of information and a breakdown of where the numbers have come from and are content with people sitting at home absolutely terrified when actually the large majority of deaths are from days, sometimes even weeks ago. Transparency is needed, yet they give us none.

Even down to the infection rates, when you look at positive cases based on the day of test thatā€™s not even what is going on there.

I donā€™t think Iā€™m alone in saying Iā€™d rather they didnā€™t come do these briefings every day and in fact they happened less and actually what we were presented were cold, hard facts instead of allowing people to get worked up into a frenzy over what they come out and say every day.
They do break it down between hospital death and then all settings and then itā€™s published how many happened in the 24 hour period and then how many happened in the previous day and then how the period of time the rest of the deaths are

Just read that our local zoo has been told to stay closed indefinitely and it's made me feel a bit weepy, sometimes it feels as if we will never go back to normal.
I don't care about going to primark or pissing ikea, I just wanted to be able to take my kids out to the place they love best.

Chester??? Iā€™m absolutely heart broken I choose the zoo over bleeping ikea any day.

Iā€™m still paying my membership and pray they are able to get the funds

Jesus..... what are the chances we come out of any of this in a good position.

corona, the economy, protests and the looting and scumbags that take over the protests...that second video is awful.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Jesus..... what are the chances we come out of any of this in a good position.

corona, the economy, protests and the looting and scumbags that take over the protests...

I've always felt the UK police were really pathetic and held no authority (within reason). That opinion was sealed when I watched a documentary on ISIS supporters on Netflix and the police approached them in Hyde Park and they handled the whole situation awfully and the ISIS supporters did not give a tit about them being there. Canadian police definitely have authority, they also have guns but don't quite have as bad a reputation as USA police...although make no mistake, there are some who power trip, but it is just isn't as common.

I've always felt the UK police were really pathetic and held no authority (within reason). That opinion was sealed when I watched a documentary on ISIS supporters on Netflix and the police approached them in Hyde Park and they handled the whole situation awfully and the ISIS supporters did not give a tit about them being there.
they shouldnā€™t have to put up with this.
these are not protesters, these are opportunistic scumbags and nobody can say otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Does anyone else agree with me that we should be put back on lock down if the death toll keeps rising?

they shouldnā€™t have to put up with this.
these are not protesters, these are opportunistic scumbags and nobody can say otherwise.
Four people shot now around the zone they've blocked off including a young child .They're not saying how serious but they were hit at point blank range,it could decend into carnage very soon (not giving many details about it ,so don't know if it's race related or not ).

• Sad
I work as a nurse In an intensive care and have looked after majority covid patients for the last few months, was unwell in March, had the antibody test the other day and came back negative. Almost all of my colleagues have also l, we are all quite surprised with working in such a high risk area that more havenā€™t developed some antibodys
I saw Dr Alex.( love island) do a post he's tested negative. His colleague had previously tested positive for covid but has tested negative for antibody... So seems there are so false negative antibody tests

Death toll risen by 359 today across all settings. Seems very disheartening, but when you look at the data so many of these are from more than 10 days ago.

This graph shows the descent easier, however it is at a plateu now and I wish it would go down to zero!!

I blame the coviditiots not distancing, having their family over for parties, getting close, postie's selfies together!!

My family are visit on Friday. A 300 round trip to come over for the day. Sit in the garden. Were putting up our gazebo incase it rains. It will be so hard not to cuddle them but I won't do it just incase they or we have it and are asymptomatic... Gosh I just want a cuddle though!! And so does my toddler x

When do people actually see a sense of normality returning?

like, when can we have a day shopping and go for drinks after? When can we go for a meal? When can we fly without fear of it being cancelled or book theatre tickets without the worry of it not happening.

im preparing to be queuing for a while. But I really hope we have this ā€œnew normalā€ by September time.
I'd say not for a good couple.of years unless a vaccine or treatment are found before then..

Completely fed up worked through at a nursery for key worker children and opened up fully on the 1st. Do not feel safe at all mixing groups up and staff swapping rooms and wonā€™t bring more staff in to help out so we are all working arses off while half the staff are home safe on furlough. Totally disappointed in the company and feeling sorry for myself ā˜¹ Iā€™m still worried about getting sick i know cases are dropping but itā€™s still out there and feel totally unprotected
I feel for you. How come they are furloughed and you aren't? Could you split it. They have 2 weeks then you have 2 weeks on furlough then repeat?

My daughter used to go 3 day a week but not sending her now. It feels like too much of a risk still. I don't trust that the kids in her bubble haven't been mixing with family/friends and as nice as the staff are - I don't trust them either x

Also - has anybody considered paying for an antibody test? I'm a keyworker (teacher) but tempted to pay Ā£50 to ease my mind (hoping it'll be positive and will have some form of immunity)... Could be months before they are rolled out to other keyworkers and members of the public

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Chester??? Iā€™m absolutely heart broken I choose the zoo over bleeping ikea any day.

Iā€™m still paying my membership and pray they are able to get the funds
Yes, we're still paying our memberships too. Our MP and another local one have both written to parliament, hopefully it manages to do something.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Finding out today hopefully what the plan is for us reopening at work. Hospitality but we we arenā€™t sure if the actual building we are in will be able to operate yet. So not sure about the July 4th date. Just got a bad feeling about this

Reactions: 1
I've always felt the UK police were really pathetic and held no authority (within reason). That opinion was sealed when I watched a documentary on ISIS supporters on Netflix and the police approached them in Hyde Park and they handled the whole situation awfully and the ISIS supporters did not give a tit about them being there. Canadian police definitely have authority, they also have guns but don't quite have as bad a reputation as USA police...although make no mistake, there are some who power trip, but it is just isn't as common.
The media here hate the police and belittle them
So much that the public have no respect for them anymore.
They canā€™t win. If they come down heavy on people then they accused of policing too hard, if they donā€™t do Anything they are pathetic.

The media here hate the police and belittle them
So much that the public have no respect for them anymore.
They canā€™t win. If they come down heavy on people then they accused of policing too hard, if they donā€™t do Anything they are pathetic.
I agree. I do think our police should be armed and people would have more respect. I respect an officer regardless because thatā€™s his position. Sadly many people are brought up to believe bexuase they ā€˜canā€™tā€™ touch you etc then theyā€™re pathetic. The amount of respect you have for someone is based on that, and that only. I find it derogatory to say other forces are pathetic because lord knows if I went to another country and needed assistance Iā€™d probably get it.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.