Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I’m not an NHS front line person but I am a Keyworker keeping the schools open for the children of other key workers.

I absolutely loathe the idea of the Instagram collective clap at 8.00pm.

All those clapping have no fucking idea of the worry and fright and I don’t give a shit unless that clap pays my bills and the mortgage.

I’m not bitter, I’m worried and anxious.

Last edited:
Reactions: 64

Redblueyellow8

VIP Member
Still cant get over that in the alcohol aisle in my local tescos pretty much empty few bottles of wine ... but there was about 10 boxes of corona ... do people actually think you can get it by drinking it

• Haha
Reactions: 43

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Back to positivity - a lady in my area has it and is being sick so her daughter in law asked us for some meal replacement shakes for her to drink. Someone drove from 30 mins away to drop off some spare protein shakes that they have- for free. Someone else is delivering some rehydration sachets first thing. There is so much kindness it’s lovely to see but do you know what the kindest thing would be? If we got locked down and we all just got on with it, stayed home, made phone calls and sucked it up as best we can.
Put the army on the streets for the thieving twats who’ll go looting in London and let’s try and give the NHS half a chance of coping with this thing. I’m exhausted from trying to explain to people the importance of staying home. My Dad “I’ve got to get out every day I’ll be climbing the walls”.... “climb them then FFS, it’s better than the alternative of ending up in ICU which could likely happen if you catch it”. What is wrong with people. The sooner we all suck it up and stay home the sooner we can get back to some sort of normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Curly Top

VIP Member
I think Boris is intending to delay lockdown until absolutely necessary. I hear thousands of the Spanish have been fined for flouting the restrictions. Maybe if we have lockdown nationwide the daft ones refusing to isolate will pay enough fines to pay for several thousand more ventilators.

Reactions: 41

Reflected view

VIP Member
Hey everyone, iv got a question to ask, does anyone feel scared to clear there throat or cough when you have a tittle tickle when out in public ?? 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 39

mummy2under2

VIP Member
I'm thinking of going to Cornwall for the week, I know I shouldnt be going but I'm going to ask opinions on here anyway.
If anyone says not to go I'm going to justify it anyway and still go.
I won't go outdoors if I'm home, but I'm going to travel 5 hours to just stay inside there instead.
There's no point in me going, but I'm thinking of going anyway. I know I shouldn't be going but I don't care about anyone else so I'm just going to go anyway.

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING DELUDED. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Mizzdee

This is a conversation between me and my brother. I actually dispair of him 😩
And the sad fact is, should the younger people get poorly who are still out and about going around like nothings wrong, will be prioritised over older patients when it comes down to doctors having to make the awful decision who gets a ventilator. Selfish motherfuckers.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 36

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Moving on...

anyone got any short breaks/staycations planned!?
I have a break planned to the kitchen and just came back from the shower. It was lovely just to have those five mins to myself and we all know self care is so very important at a time like this- so when Dove soap UK approached me I was thrilled to try out their purely pampering shea butter with warm vanilla soap bar. Did you know each bar is made with ¼ moisturizing cream? I sure didn't. It brought me pure joy and I hope you can see the difference it can make in your lives too.

#AD
#soapinflencer

• Haha
Reactions: 35

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I've had a huge breakdown today. It's all gotten too much. I'm due to start chemo tomorrow and I'm terrified that I'm going to catch this virus. My husband is currently still working as he's a key worker and services the lifts at hospitals and care homes. He can't work from home but is in bits thinking that he is going to bring this home to me. We've made the decision tonight that I'm moving upstairs and he will avoid me as much as possible. It's breaking my heart

• Sad
Reactions: 29

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
This popped up on my facebook page from a Doctor who works at a hospital in Prague and has been liked 128k times.

1584839220267.png

Roughly translated.

"We can't take it anymore. We don't sleep, we don't eat. The phone is ringing practically continuously. Sure, as doctors, we signed up for hard work, we knew what we were getting into. But this is different. This is a sprint and marathon rolled into one - it's intense. It takes a long time and the end is not yet in sight.

Despite repeatedly being told by the media if you are asymptomatic don't go for swabs, there are still a billion of them. So again - if you don't have any or only light symptoms, stay home, drink enough fluids, take paracetamol for your temperature and stay out of it (the hospital). I don't understand the logic of people who are afraid that they might have coronavirus coming to the only place where it is definitely clear that coronavirus is occurring.

People lie about their symptoms so we examine them and we know how badly they've manipulated the system. First of all - we are not completely stupid despite the sleep deficit and we can tell whether someone is sick or not and I'm insulted when someone makes me an asshole and acts like we're at a theater show. Secondly, they waste our time and energy (and medical supplies because even that is a commodity we need to take into account) that we could use for someone who really does need our care. I've been working in the healthcare industry for a while, but even when people stole our masks, I was surprised.

I would also appreciate it if people would stop yelling at me - on the phone and in person. I understand this is a stressful situation for you too, but you won't really increase my job efficiency. Sure you are mad at the government, you consider their measures too rough / insufficient / poorly communicated, I'll take it, but realize that you are yelling at a poor guy here who hasn't know how long this will last and who has roughly the same effect as the Prime Minister's decision as deciding tomorrow's weather in Sri Lanka.

Let's just act reasonable and treat each other like humans.

(P. S.: when you claim that corona virus is fine because only the old and / or sick will get affected , you're actually saying that these people don't matter and that they are not essential. That's not a great opinion. - No, no, no.

#staythefuckhome

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

KateESJ

VIP Member
I've just replied to someone on the Hinch Post whose going to her caravan with the children on Monday but it's OK because it's been refurbed and she's not very sociable.
I think I hate humans.
What don't people get about 'stay inside'! Drives me insane.

• Haha

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I’d just like to wish a happy Mother’s Day to all the mums out there! At least it’ll be a memorable one. Do you think we can claim any treats we don’t receive because of the virus when this is all over?!:unsure:🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

PUGLETT

We need lock down my parents in their 70s with various health issues and various other family members are still escaping quarantine to go to the shops and have lunch with other family members. The older generation just will not self isolate

• Wow
Reactions: 27

50sGirl

VIP Member
Sorry for another meme because I know all of us on here “get it” but I think it’s still worth sharing.
Show it to those who are not social distancing - how about a game of Russian Roulette? 🔫 Ask yourself - Do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?

55DB7084-416A-4AFD-B752-ACB0C6DA5CEB.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

Daire

The Message Given: Everyone needs to self isolate and keep 2m apart, the more vulnerable people identified will get a letter and told to stay home for 12 weeks

The Message Everyone Else Hears: PARTY ON until we get a letter to say otherwise.

WTF Are you on Boris? They are not listening!

• Angry
Reactions: 26

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Has anyone else seen the ambulance paramedic who's landlady text him to evict him because she's worried that she'll catch COVID from him? 😲

Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
What Boris fails to realise is

THE PEOPLE YOU NEED TO ENCOURAGE TO STAY AT HOME ARE OUT. THEY ARE OUT NOW. THEY ARE NOT WATCHING BORIS.

Fml.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25