Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry Jane, I was being sarcastic.
I know with certainty if he gets this it will kill him. He nearly died a year ago from “ordinary” pneumonia.
I’m just surprised he isn’t classed as extremely vulnerable.
He only leaves the house to go to dialysis 3 times a week so is self isolating as best he can.
Sorry to hear he's so ill. Hope you all take care and stay well 😊

Reactions: 2
trevi fountain update, it's had it's first visitor all day. Patroling police man. These webcams of emptiness are somewhat calming for me
trevi.jpg

Reactions: 16
Tattle peeps - what’s the deal if children are showing signs? My 10 yo has been under the weather all day and his temperature is slightly high. We’ll go into 14 self isolation (I’ve already been home for 2 weeks) but do I need to call 111 due to his age? Thanks from a worried Mum xxx

Reactions: 1
Tattle peeps - what’s the deal if children are showing signs? My 10 yo has been under the weather all day and his temperature is slightly high. We’ll go into 14 self isolation (I’ve already been home for 2 weeks) but do I need to call 111 due to his age? Thanks from a worried Mum xxx
I guess if slightly high is above the 38.5 Possible self isolation. , there is guidance on gov about coming out of self isolation. Ask an expert or read gov advice if you haven’t people here can’t make decisions or offer advice on self isolation .

I called 111 when my daughter did but it was before they gave the advice not to, I think.

I guess if slightly high is above the 38.5 Possible self isolation. , there is guidance on gov about coming out of self isolation. Ask an expert or read gov advice if you haven’t people here can’t make decisions or offer advice on self isolation .
I thought high was classed as 37.8 or above or am I mistaken?

Reactions: 3
I've had a huge breakdown today. It's all gotten too much. I'm due to start chemo tomorrow and I'm terrified that I'm going to catch this virus. My husband is currently still working as he's a key worker and services the lifts at hospitals and care homes. He can't work from home but is in bits thinking that he is going to bring this home to me. We've made the decision tonight that I'm moving upstairs and he will avoid me as much as possible. It's breaking my heart

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I guess if slightly high is above the 38.5 yes self isolate, there is guidance on gov about coming out of self isolation
Thanks. It’s only this afternoon it’s gone up and Paracetamol is help He’s eating and says his throat is now sore but no other symptoms. I few kids have been unwell at his school with similar so I’m keeping my fingers crossed it’s just a childhood illness.

• Sad
I’m just getting really confused with the social distancing/isolation thing. If someone falls into the vulnerable category, but not severely vulnerable, it says to work from home where possible. If that’s not possible, do they go into work?

I thought high was classed as 37.8 or above or am I mistaken?
37.7 and he’s warm to the touch. Feeling bad as I went out earlier to top up what was missing in my shopping delivery 😫🤦🏻‍♀️ At the time he wasn’t causing concern, he was how he is when he’s not had enough sleep.

I’m just getting really confused with the social distancing/isolation thing. If someone falls into the vulnerable category, but not severely vulnerable, it says to work from home where possible. If that’s not possible, do they go into work?
No answers I'm afraid but I feel exactly the same :(

I've just watched a Russian (!) video on YouTube about how to make bread muffins using self raising flour and greek yoghurt. Just in case.....y'know, 🍞
Great idea! I always make our own bread because shop stuff boats us out, but have been struggling to find any bread flour and yeast!! I even having a go at a sour dough starter in the airing cupboard! But of course that also needs strong flour... I wonder if self-raising will be gone too?! Off to check. Thanks for the tip lovely 😁

As much as I have commended BJ for everything he has done so far, he really needs to set down clearer guidance on his staysafestayhome hashtag. There are many companies out there, including my own employer, that are making employees go into the office to work when it can easily be done from home. My employer has said that only those displaying symptoms, who live with/are a vulnerable person or childcare issues can work from home, everyone else must continue to work from the office. There has been no guidance set to staff about using your own cups/cutlery, distancing in the kitchen whilst eating lunch and desk space hasn't been distanced. These companies are taking advantage of the fact that the Gov have not enforced a lockdown and I think its disgusting. The guidance clearly states work from home where possible yet companies are not doing this.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I’m really hoping our government are being deliberately vague about social distancing. That Boris’ go out but don’t go out message is to trick people into feeling like they have some autonomy...and intentionally spreading the disease a bit more to the lowest risk groups.

...And that lockdown will come tomorrow so I can sleep at night.

Im struggling with having to work from home and all the things involved with that (it is not usually a possibility in my job so they sent us home with desktops, monitors and a wifi dongle!) With all this going on in the background and changing so fast it is really hard to concentrate on work. Plus we are in the middle of having our bathroom done, having to shower at the 75 yo mother in laws every other night.

37.7 and he’s warm to the touch. Feeling bad as I went out earlier to top up what was missing in my shopping delivery 😫🤦🏻‍♀️ At the time he wasn’t causing concern, he was how he is when he’s not had enough sleep.
If his symptoms become unmanageable with paracetamol or he starts getting shortness of breath then give them a ring.
Until then just manage it as you would if you didn't know about the virus, it likely just a regular virus hes picked up.
Don't give him ibuprofen and get plenty of fluids into him.
I'm sure hell be fine but I know it's so worrying ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My husband is 31 he has severe COPD (according to his FEV1 and stage of damage) he works in an office job takes medication daily and generally manages his condition well... Which Is why his bosses don't believe him when he says it's serious. I'm hoping he gets a letter in the next few days
I stand corrected. I hope he does get the letter and he sounds like he has tit, uncaring bosses!

There is a list in the gov.uk website.
This is the ppl are risk (not including severe risk cases)
View attachment 98766
This is the list that should be particularly stringent in following social distancing. It doesn't mean they can't leave their house to go for a walk or to the shop.

Sorry Jane, I was being sarcastic.
I know with certainty if he gets this it will kill him. He nearly died a year ago from “ordinary” pneumonia.
I’m just surprised he isn’t classed as extremely vulnerable.
He only leaves the house to go to dialysis 3 times a week so is self isolating as best he can.
When they mentioned the extremely vulnerable at the Scottish Press Conference they said people with cancer and on dialysis?

Last edited:
  • Sad
As much as I have commended BJ for everything he has done so far, he really needs to set down clearer guidance on his staysafestayhome hashtag. There are many companies out there, including my own employer, that are making employees go into the office to work when it can easily be done from home. My employer has said that only those displaying symptoms, who live with/are a vulnerable person or childcare issues can work from home, everyone else must continue to work from the office. There has been no guidance set to staff about using your own cups/cutlery, distancing in the kitchen whilst eating lunch and desk space hasn't been distanced. These companies are taking advantage of the fact that the Gov have not enforced a lockdown and I think its disgusting. The guidance clearly states work from home where possible yet companies are not doing this.
These companies need naming and shaming, they are a disgrace!
They clearly do not give a tit about their employees or anyone else.

The government really do need to issue clear instructions, not just guidance, to companies who can allow their employees to work from home but are choosing instead to be arseholes and insist they go into the office and potentially continue to spread this
😡

Reactions: 3
If his symptoms become unmanageable with paracetamol or he starts getting shortness of breath then give them a ring.
Until then just manage it as you would if you didn't know about the virus, it likely just a regular virus hes picked up.
Don't give him ibuprofen and get plenty of fluids into him.
I'm sure hell be fine but I know it's so worrying ❤
Listening to him he sounds like he has tonsillitis (I was plagued as kid to the point I had it monthly and they removed them) and they’re certainly larger than normal having just checked but no spots. He’s eating and drinking and absolutely no issues with breathing or cough. He’s very rarely ill, only ever had 1 sickness bug and even then didn’t vomit. Usually I don’t worry but now I am 😫

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.