Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend is currently living in Spain under lockdown and she said police are patrolling the streets and you can only leave to go supermarkets or walk your dog - you have to have written proof of this (idk who writes this and how its proven lol). But she showed a video of the supermarkets there and they had EVERYTHING in stock. No panic buying and no mad rush, she said it was so calm even being put in to lockdown, people just went with the flow and stayed home.
In fairness I think this is due to lockdown the shelves are still full. The day before they went into lockdown, my cousin (lives in Spain) sent a video of mercadona absolutely wiped bare. I agree this is awful behaviour, however it’s not just brits....we’ve just had more time to be allowed to be selfish. X

Reactions: 11
How's the eff is bloody numpty Trump still being allowed, unchallenged to call it the " Chinese virus" instead of its proper medical name!!!! He did again today in his pod speech...words fail me honestly... Him being in charge of the USA has never been more scary. There is no scientific evidence yet as to exactly where it first biologically emerged and will prob be impossible to ever ascertain for certain. bleeping scary, arrogant, hole whose lack of intelligence or ability to listen or take advice from scientific medical experts is truly truly frightening.
This is good on how trump knows exactly what he’s doing...

Reactions: 2
I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
The small shop near me has loads and I can post some to you if you want just pm me xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The hmrc have useful info, but I’m unsure what help there is for employees who have to take time off to look after their children. Anyone found anything?

I went to Aldi @ 6 last night to grab mayo, milk, strawberries and choc & the place was dead just no loo rolls, much meat or veg.

Reactions: 3
Morning all, how is everyone doing? My Grump-o-Meter has been reset although I woke up with a dry cough which sent me into a tiny panic, but it went away after some water and hasn't occurred again. Puts things into perspective though, I must say. Staying off the chocolate and wine - "Sugar Free Sunday". 😇 I would have been working today, so it feels weird to be off. Here's to another day of staying safe for all of us 🤗

Reactions: 9
Buying food (only one person from a household at a time can enter)
Medical - pharmacy
Walking dog(only 50 m from your house)
Going to work (but most work places have shut now and people are either working from home or are on a suspended contract getting 70% pay from government)

Basically you cannot leave your flat and police are manning the streets- sending you home or fining you
What if you're a single parent? Where do you put your kids while you go to the shop?

• Sad
Reactions: 12
What if you're a single parent? Where do you put your kids while you go to the shop?
I can’t see it getting quite that stringent here. I maybe wrong and I’ll eat my words if we do. A lock down maybe but not quite so tough as it has to allow for these things!

Reactions: 5
I’d just like to wish a happy Mother’s Day to all the mums out there! At least it’ll be a memorable one. Do you think we can claim any treats we don’t receive because of the virus when this is all over?!:unsure:🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I’d just like to wish a happy Mother’s Day to all the mums out there! At least it’ll be a memorable one. Do you think we can claim any treats we don’t receive because of the virus when this is all over?!:unsure:🤣
Happy mothers day to me. I fell asleep last night early cos I haven't been sleeping. Husband stayed awake and had a few beers. Hes now lying up snoring his head off and I've been up since 6am
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I bloody intend to!!! 😂 partner is at work this morning 😫 He didn’t even mention it and my kids are too young to realise it’s Mother’s Day on their own. Happy Mother’s Day all! May you enjoy staring at your four walls 🤣💗

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Gosh I forgot it was Mothers Day! Didn't help that my daughter sent me a card last week, thinking it was then! Clearly a genetic scattiness going on there! Happy Mothers Day! 🥰

Reactions: 9
Happy mothers day to me. I fell asleep last night early cos I haven't been sleeping. Husband stayed awake and had a few beers. Hes now lying up snoring his head off and I've been up since 6am
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
I hope he has plans to save it otherwise it sounds like Father’s Day is also going to be a write off in your house...

Reactions: 7
Man, I’m going to be stuck at home with crazy children and a crazy dog 🙈🙈😂
We have a family chalet in Cornwall: we were thinking of still going on our Easter break down there for a week.

It’s in a place that has the most enormous expansive beaches, it’s not particularly popular like eg st ives, polzeath etc, and we barely bump into people during the high season as it is. we’d just take our supplies for the week, hole up in the chalet and be self-catering for the entire time.

Thoughts?
It is my understanding that part of social distancing means the avoidance of all unnecessary travel. Hope useful.

Reactions: 4
I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
Have you tried looking for maternity pads instead? I've been stocking up from a couple of boots near me (due in june) but they seem to have loads of the thin ones it's more the big cushioned that are going hence why I'm stocking up now x

Reactions: 1
I’m at a bit of a loss and a bit confused by the information given to me by NHS direct and my doctor. Please bare with me this may be long. So on the 29th of March I started with a cough which got worse over the week commencing the 2nd of March I had all the symptoms of chest infection I know this as I’ve had it before. I went to work that week as this was before Boris said to self isolate with a new cough. I started to feel better by the weekend probably because I was able to rest. By mid week of the week commencing the 9th I was starting to feel poorly again on Friday I woke up to the news about self isolating if you had a new cough. I rang my manager and she said as it wasnt a new cough it would be fine. I took the Friday off anyway as I wasn’t feeling well at all. Went back Monday week commencing the 16th. By Thursday I was feeling awful again tight chest coughing headache etc. I rang my doctor and had a chat with her she said to ring 111 I rang 111 and told them everything I’ve just said above they said to self isolate for seven days and to ring my doctor to have a clinical assessment test. I went home doctor rang me back ask me questions and came to the conclusion that I have had 2 consecutive chest infections. I work with children so it’s easy to pick things up. I rang my work and they seem happy to tell them what the doctor said they seem happy for me to come back. I do not think I have had corona virus I feel it was a chest infection but now I’m unsure if I should go back to work tomorrow or self isolate for the remainder of the seven days. If I am off work I will only be paid statutory sick pay which I can’t afford to do. I also think my work will think I’m taking the piss. I really don’t know what to do. If you’ve read this whole thing thank you. Any suggestions advice would be much appreciated

Last edited:
@Bellaboo1994 I won't quote your post because I think a techy error made it appear twice. However, if your doctor says you may have two different chest infections going on, you should stay home, self isolate (because you are vulnerable with a weak immune system) Please don't worry about money right now, the Gov't won't let you starve. Just stay home and focus on getting better :)

Reactions: 4
@Bellaboo1994 I won't quote your post because I think a techy error made it appear twice. However, if your doctor says you may have two different chest infections going on, you should stay home, self isolate (because you are vulnerable with a weak immune system) Please don't worry about money right now, the Gov't won't let you starve. Just stay home and focus on getting better :)
Thank you for your advice and taking the time to reply to me.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.