Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our country is an embarrassment! Albeit, not everybody, but why can’t people just do we they are bloody well told?

A photo has done the rounds by me of a queue to get into a club last night. I hope they have their license revoked.

And what a bloody embarrassment that it’s risky for us to lock down because people will loot. Other countries can do it but we can’t. All we have to do is change the way we live for a few weeks, a few months perhaps, and we can try get some normality back. SO annoying.

Reactions: 22
It really hit me today that this is... it. I am aside from my disability (which apparently makes me vulnerable and under the eyes of NHS, in need of 12 week social distancing - who knew!) a relatively healthy and naive 20 year old... you know, ‘it won’t hit me, if I get it I’m sure it won’t be that bad’ but with that said I have a handful of family members in the NHS (working on the corona wards) on one side of the family, and vulnerable grandparents on the other, plus friends who have come down with corona type symptoms... so am social distancing. On the one hand I am a massive introvert so don’t mind, on the other hand - the fear of the unknown is getting me. I can’t celebrate my 21st birthday, my friend’s wedding, my graduation this year, and the thought of having to isolate for ages terrifies me 😬

I mean, it’s my sisters birthday on Monday and I had to talk to her from my bedroom window and leave her present outside for her So I didn’t come into contact... it’s so surreal!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It really hit me today that this is... it. I am aside from my disability (which apparently makes me vulnerable and under the eyes of NHS, in need of 12 week social distancing - who knew!) a relatively healthy and naive 20 year old... you know, ‘it won’t hit me, if I get it I’m sure it won’t be that bad’ but with that said I have a handful of family members in the NHS (working on the corona wards) on one side of the family, and vulnerable grandparents on the other, plus friends who have come down with corona type symptoms... so am social distancing. On the one hand I am a massive introvert so don’t mind, on the other hand - the fear of the unknown is getting me. I can’t celebrate my 21st birthday, my friend’s wedding, my graduation this year, and the thought of having to isolate for ages terrifies me 😬

I mean, it’s my sisters birthday on Monday and I had to talk to her from my bedroom window and leave her present outside for her So I didn’t come into contact... it’s so surreal!
We can have a birthday party on here for you!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
On a slightly different note do any of you live in a seaside/holiday/tourist area and have seen an influx of people? I have a friend that lives in Bournemouth he says it’s like a bank holiday with lots of visitors. You couldn’t make it up could you.
On a slightly different note do any of you live in a seaside/holiday/tourist area and have seen an influx of people? I have a friend that lives in Bournemouth he says it’s like a bank holiday with lots of visitors. You couldn’t make it up could you.
Apparently there has been a huge influx of visitors in cars and with caravans to Wales and big queues for Snowdon.

It appears people think this is one big holiday.

• Angry
  • Sad
We need lock down my parents in their 70s with various health issues and various other family members are still escaping quarantine to go to the shops and have lunch with other family members. The older generation just will not self isolate
Exactly this! My parents will not be told!! I feel like me and my partner are doing everything we can to stay home and isolate whilst my 73 year old swans around like nothing’s happening

Reactions: 6
Hey everyone, iv got a question to ask, does anyone feel scared to clear there throat or cough when you have a tittle tickle when out in public ?? 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Maybe if we all walked round holding a note, people would keep their distance?

Or go out undercover in the dead of the night and leave a bottle at the end of people's drives with the lid off to stop them going further 😂
My husband went for a walk today and he said there were lots of older people old not respecting his space so if they got too close he coughed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hey everyone, iv got a question to ask, does anyone feel scared to clear there throat or cough when you have a tittle tickle when out in public ?? 😬
Yep!! And I end up holding it in and looking like I'm having some sort of seizure while I jerk around, trying not to make a noise 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sorry to derail from the positivity. But they've acquired use of all the private hospital equipment and that's only 1'200 ventilators? I mean it's better than none but with the delayed social distancing and how few ICU spaces in the country it feels like a drop in the ocean.

I hear that Gtech think they can start producing 1'000 ventilators a day soon, but they're still testing prototypes. Makes me a bit anxious if they'll be ready in time.

My husband went for a walk today and he said there were lots of older people old not respecting his space so if they got too close he coughed 😂
Considering the 70's and over should be isolating, I've never seen so many of the buggers out and about as what I have today.

The amount that walked down our road, I'm half wondering if they've escaped from the home round the corner.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
We've just had our first covid death in our local area. 2 of my best friends work there and many other people I know as it is very local to where I live. They don't have anywhere near enough masks for them!! Its scary

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7
We all have similar stories about people not following the guidelines, we are just a small (although perfectly formed) group of people Chatting on a forum. Multiply these stories by the amount of people in the country and there are hundreds of thousands of ‘stupids’ 🙄

Reactions: 8
Sorry to derail from the positivity. But they've acquired use of all the private hospital equipment and that's only 1'200 ventilators? I mean it's better than none but with the delayed social distancing and how few ICU spaces in the country it feels like a drop in the ocean.

I hear that Gtech think they can start producing 1'000 ventilators a day soon, but they're still testing prototypes. Makes me a bit anxious if they'll be ready in time.
there seems to be an awful lot riding on “we think we can” “we think we have” “we’re hoping to” right now

Reactions: 5
I'm sorry if this is a bit TMI... however, I wish people would stop panic buying. I'm really concerned about where I'm going to buy pads. Can't find any anywhere & everywhere is sold out... :(
We could always try "freebleeding" 😂😂😂🤢🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 3
We've just had our first covid death in our local area. 2 of my best friends work there and many other people I know as it is very local to where I live. They don't have anywhere near enough masks for them!! Its scary
This is bad!

I saw a post about nurses not having any hand gel and resorting to table disinfectant wipes which are making their hands raw.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.