Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my closest friends is coming home from university tomorrow - she’s a student nurse but obviously her university has closed and teaching will be done online. She’ll be going back to working as a HCA in the local hospital and I’m worried for her as we have a significant elderly population here and I think she’ll witness some awful things over the next few weeks/months. I know I shouldn’t be as I’ve already heard horror stories about the situations she’s had to deal with before this, but I can’t help it. She’s a clinical sort of person with emotions but at 22 she just seems so young

No real point to posting this besides letting it out. The way some people are acting and the disregard they’re showing for their and other people’s lives is just shocking when there’s people like her around who are willing to work all hours and risk their physical & mental health for the sake of humanity

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Moving on...

anyone got any short breaks/staycations planned!?
I have a break planned to the kitchen and just came back from the shower. It was lovely just to have those five mins to myself and we all know self care is so very important at a time like this- so when Dove soap UK approached me I was thrilled to try out their purely pampering shea butter with warm vanilla soap bar. Did you know each bar is made with ¼ moisturizing cream? I sure didn't. It brought me pure joy and I hope you can see the difference it can make in your lives too.

#AD
#soapinflencer

• Haha
Reactions: 35
@Lottiehx
In reply to your question on the previous thread.. We are to go to the nearest supermarket to our house. You must be in the direct route and have your shopping bags with you, plus your passport x

Attachments

Reactions: 1
My Nan is 89 and lives alone. I’m so worried about her as she thrives on getting out the house to the bingo/labour club (she has a better social life than me!). I can’t imagine her being stuck inside for 12 weeks on her own. She doesn’t have internet in her house so we can’t FaceTime her. My heart breaks thinking about it😢
Phone her everyday, write her letters, even just funny little things that happen in the moment or just memories of things you have done with her. If you are doing her shopping, pop in a little extra, like a nail polish or a tube of hand cream. (wiped down, obvs) but its these little things that she will love. Plus if she has a good social life, I'm sure she will have plenty of friends doing things for her (in a safe way). Older people are tougher than us, I'm sure she will get through it x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
HOLD ON....I thought we wasnt supposed to go outside?
We are not on lockdown yet.

We should only be going out for essential journeys and exercise and whilst out, we should be observing social distances, so at least 2 metres between you and a stranger on the street.

Reactions: 2
I have a break planned to the kitchen and just came back from the shower. It was lovely just to have those five mins to myself and we all know self care is so very important at a time like this- so when Dove soap UK approached me I was thrilled to try out their purely pampering shea butter with warm vanilla soap bar. Did you know each bar is made with ¼ moisturizing cream? I sure didn't. It brought me pure joy and I hope you can see the difference it can make in your lives too.

#AD
#soapinflencer
You missed out your affiliate link so that we can all purchase this wonder soap that will kill coronavirus dead...
😁

My Nan is 89 and lives alone. I’m so worried about her as she thrives on getting out the house to the bingo/labour club (she has a better social life than me!). I can’t imagine her being stuck inside for 12 weeks on her own. She doesn’t have internet in her house so we can’t FaceTime her. My heart breaks thinking about it😢
Have you got an old smartphone she could have and you could get a PAYG sim and top up the data?
Would she be able to work it do you think? I’m not being patronising.

Reactions: 3
You missed out your affiliate link so that we can all purchase this wonder soap that will kill coronavirus dead...
😁

Have you got an old smartphone she could have and you could get a PAYG sim and top up the data?
Would she be able to work it do you think? I’m not being patronising.
Sorry hun- thank you for pointing it out I'm still learning and new to all of this. I'll have it up as soon as I can.

xxx

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Someone has just pointed out to me that the next conference is at 4.10 and shops shut at 4pm today maybe a coincidence but perhaps he is going the next step today and saying they will not be reopening.

#AD
#soapinflencer
my 11 years old thinks no need to bathe as they are not going out. Amazing what pleasure a bar of soap can bring. I will try and sell the concept to her . Wish me luck

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
“Hey Rick! Where are you going this weekend?“
“Nowhere, I’m in the at risk category!”

Love a bit of Rick Stein, he’s so calming ❤
I am always startled by how much he appears to eat in a day.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Has anyone else seen the ambulance paramedic who's landlady text him to evict him because she's worried that she'll catch COVID from him? 😲

Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Phone her everyday, write her letters, even just funny little things that happen in the moment or just memories of things you have done with her. If you are doing her shopping, pop in a little extra, like a nail polish or a tube of hand cream. (wiped down, obvs) but its these little things that she will love. Plus if she has a good social life, I'm sure she will have plenty of friends doing things for her (in a safe way). Older people are tougher than us, I'm sure she will get through it x
Thank you for this💖 she’s a tough one, I’m sure she’ll be fine and she’d be shouting at me if she knew I was worrying😂

• Haha
Are you in a university town? I think it was the time of year just before it all really kicked off that there was a new influx of foreign students, not just from China but everywhere. My friend deals with the foreign students who come to our local university and all the Chinese students had to self isolate for 14 days so if maybe that there genuinely has been an increase in foreign students in your town. I felt very bad for them, I did a year abroad as part of my degree and it’s scary anyway at the best of times and they came over just as it was kicking off so they had to isolate in a foreign country and not know if their families were ok.
no but we are close to London so perhaps some chose to live there to save on rent etc. I work in the City and its the trains and city in general where ive seen the increase. perhaps its because most of them had masks on !

I'm travelling the world from my computer, it's fascinating and horrifying checking webcams and seeing everywhere empty

The trevi fountain right now:

View attachment 98632

I can't help but go to the shops everyday, Aldi has long lines but even after being open for two hours stock levels are pretty normal. No eggs or chickpeas, but they're always running out of chickpeas.

Sainsbury's lots of things empty. I guess the aldi / lidl limited SKUs really helps keep things stocked up.
Why are you going every day?

Someone has just pointed out to me that the next conference is at 4.10 and shops shut at 4pm today maybe a coincidence but perhaps he is going the next step today and saying they will not be reopening.
Not all (food) shops close at 4 pm on a Sunday. It depends on what time they open. Food shops are allowed to be open. So are takeaway places.

nice to see my neighbours adhering to social isolation. 2 lots have just had family turn up including babies and children. Dumb fucks like this are why we’ll be in lockdown 🙄😡🤦🏻‍♀️

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.