Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i think id stay at home unless i lived in london then id move to the chalet for the rest of this horrid time if you are able to live there. but also bear in mind lots if ppl are saying how small the hospitals are.
We are in two minds about it. I listened to that Dr Jack audio earlier; basically staying inside is what will prevent the spread. So I’m just thinking we can stay inside here, or we can stay inside at the chalet. We would have no contact with other people either way.

Reactions: 1
i thought it already was? whats changed?
they had tight restrictions, but it looks like everything has stopped now.
industry will be the biggest sector effected I assume?
basically everything bar supermarkets and pharmacies are shut.
6811FB77-7F26-46EF-AA97-1D603FDA2134.jpeg

Reactions: 2
Does anyone think bojo will put us on full lockdown soon? For example....non essential businesses such as mail order companies and their call centers? Seen as John Lewis and Ikea have shut their doors...

Reactions: 9
I don't think you will have a choice as I suspect we will be in lockdown before then.

Also I think the advice is just stay at home. I'm guessing you would need to get petrol maybe ? And if you got ill while there what would you do ?
Yes I’m slightly hoping the decision will be made for us with a lockdown.

Reactions: 10
im in the lake district at the moment. Was booked months ago for my 40th birthday. We weren’t going to go but it was paid for When it was booked. We had booked a cottage so after ringing the hotel who manages the property and asking for advice. They told me that it’s a remote cottage and if I wanted to isolate myself there I could. We did have complementary meal within the hotel booked tomorrow due to them messing up the booking but I told them I now felt uncomfortable doing that so when we arrived at the cottage on Friday we had a fully stocked fridge with wine etc instead of going to the restaurant. They did not have to do this so it was really appreciated. We have spent the weekend at the cottage and have explored the area. We kept our distance from people. However due to spending the weekend upset over other issues and then I started to cough today - we have decided to travel back home tomorrow instead of Monday. I have not enjoyed it in the slightest with all the worry. However if you think you can keep a distance from people then I cant see the issue. However if Boris orders a complete lockdown then I am concerned about being away from home so that’s why I am going home a day early x
I think your experience confirms to others that staying home is the best idea.

Reactions: 7
The Doctor Jack audio, if it hasnt already been shared: he works in a hospital, called in to a radio show to contribute ‘from the front line’.

Reactions: 2
i thought it already was? whats changed?
I read earlier they were closing all amenities like parks etc where people could go walking ...don't think they can leave their home only for necessities ? the army were patrolling..

View attachment 98479
This is near me and where I sometimes take mine and my clients dogs. On Thursday it was dead at 9 o’clock and the picture is today.

People who don’t usually/have no need to go for walks are all out in force, when they could simply walk around the road for 15/20 minutes
Stolen from a mumsnet thread I also read! xDD

(as you can see I have clearly been using my lockdown time well)

Last edited:
im in the lake district at the moment. Was booked months ago for my 40th birthday. We weren’t going to go but it was paid for When it was booked. We had booked a cottage so after ringing the hotel who manages the property and asking for advice. They told me that it’s a remote cottage and if I wanted to isolate myself there I could. We did have complementary meal within the hotel booked tomorrow due to them messing up the booking but I told them I now felt uncomfortable doing that so when we arrived at the cottage on Friday we had a fully stocked fridge with wine etc instead of going to the restaurant. They did not have to do this so it was really appreciated. We have spent the weekend at the cottage and have explored the area. We kept our distance from people. However due to spending the weekend upset over other issues and then I started to cough today - we have decided to travel back home tomorrow instead of Monday. I have not enjoyed it in the slightest with all the worry. However if you think you can keep a distance from people then I cant see the issue. However if Boris orders a complete lockdown then I am concerned about being away from home so that’s why I am going home a day early x
Sorry your experience was so upsetting. Yes my thinking has been that either being here or being there, we would be doing the same thing - just keeping to ourselves and not interacting with anyone else - so would it be preferable to be near an empty beach and wide open space for a break if we can.

Reactions: 4
Well this morning a copy of our will arrived in the post from the solicitor!
We got them done a few weeks ago, before all this was affecting the UK, so it was just a coincidence that we did it then.
So glad we did it now as neither of us had ever had one and we lucked out on the timing.
That said, when it arrived on the doormat today, it made me realise how real this sh#t is.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
i would be concerned at who had stayed there b4 me and did they have it
I did spray dettol everywhere and have done it throughout and will do it before I leave but you make a fair point, it really weren’t worth the risk

Reactions: 3
Interested to understand what you mean by becoming overwhelmed?
Oh ok, well lemme explain...…. it basically means that lots and lots of people who don't live there, are deciding that now would be a really good time to go visit because they think that being by the seaside will help keep them safe from this nasty bug going around. Y'know, sea air and all that malarky. So that area is getting very very busy now, and lots of people (including the locals who do already live there as their "forever" home) are getting sick, and the hospitals - like everywhere else - are struggling to cope. This is known as Being Overwhelmed.

We are in two minds about it. I listened to that Dr Jack audio earlier; basically staying inside is what will prevent the spread. So I’m just thinking we can stay inside here, or we can stay inside at the chalet. We would have no contact with other people either way.
Then why are you going?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I just wouldn’t go. Not worth the risk.

Genuine question... well not really a question but just wondering. If we do eventually get fully locked down like Italy... would you let your cats out? Like I wonder what people are doing in Italy about that. I have two, one comes in on her own but the other I have to go and find an call a few time’s. So personally I’d keep them in so I can make sure they don’t go missing. I know this is completly random but I just suddenly wondered about it x

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Oh ok, well lemme explain...…. it basically means that lots and lots of people who don't live there, are deciding that now would be a really good time to go visit because they think that being by the seaside will help keep them safe from this nasty bug going around. Y'know, sea air and all that malarky. So that area is getting very very busy now, and lots of people (including the locals who do already live there as their "forever" home) are getting sick, and the hospitals - like everywhere else - are struggling to cope. This is known as Being Overwhelmed.

Then why are you going?
There’s no need to be patronising. It’s busy at Easter usually anyway. People are getting sick anyway, IF they are not practicing social-distancing. You can’t get it if you don’t come into contact with anyone else.

We are considering our options of sticking with existing holiday plans, being near the sea and wide open space is comforting and good for mental health.

• Wow
This is from the Irish news channel RTE updates page about the coronavirus:

"That's all from our live updates today. We'll be back tomorrow morning to bring you the latest developments in the pandemic. Remember to stay safe and don't visit your mammy, no matter how much you want to. "
Wise words.

Reactions: 13
Sorry for another meme because I know all of us on here “get it” but I think it’s still worth sharing.
Show it to those who are not social distancing - how about a game of Russian Roulette? 🔫 Ask yourself - Do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?

55DB7084-416A-4AFD-B752-ACB0C6DA5CEB.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.