Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HideTheHunter

We have a family chalet in Cornwall: we were thinking of still going on our Easter break down there for a week.

It’s in a place that has the most enormous expansive beaches, it’s not particularly popular like eg st ives, polzeath etc, and we barely bump into people during the high season as it is. we’d just take our supplies for the week, hole up in the chalet and be self-catering for the entire time.

Thoughts?
NO. Just don't do it. Cornwall and Devon are becoming overwhelmed right now with people scooting off down there. Please don't go.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Are you allowed in your garden? X
I don't have one! 😭

I have a teeny bog standard studio flat, but I do have big windows so won't complain and the rent is super cheap compared to London.

From my insta:

1584830396805.png

NB If anyone wants to do a #collaboration I'm open to influencing my 4 followers.

• Haha
  • Heart

Ljdavies

Back to positivity - a lady in my area has it and is being sick so her daughter in law asked us for some meal replacement shakes for her to drink. Someone drove from 30 mins away to drop off some spare protein shakes that they have- for free. Someone else is delivering some rehydration sachets first thing. There is so much kindness it’s lovely to see but do you know what the kindest thing would be? If we got locked down and we all just got on with it, stayed home, made phone calls and sucked it up as best we can.
Put the army on the streets for the thieving twats who’ll go looting in London and let’s try and give the NHS half a chance of coping with this thing. I’m exhausted from trying to explain to people the importance of staying home. My Dad “I’ve got to get out every day I’ll be climbing the walls”.... “climb them then FFS, it’s better than the alternative of ending up in ICU which could likely happen if you catch it”. What is wrong with people. The sooner we all suck it up and stay home the sooner we can get back to some sort of normal.
I’m exhausted from having to read drivel like you. Thieving London twats. Twats in all cities. What London done to you

People are missing out on all sorts of things due to this virus. I am annoyed by this... I am devastated about Maddy going missing as I have two small kids myself but her complaining about a mass, when thousands of people are going without seeing their mum's tomorrow.
she killed her child. Shouldn’t be allowed to speak to media. If I left 3 kids alone while I went out drinking n eating I’d be branded Ireland worst mum. But these Pratt’s have people feeling sorry for them

50sGirl

VIP Member
Anybody else finding it’s making you rethink your food usage? Yesterday I did a joint of meat and there was a bit left not enough for a meal but normally I’d have shared it out but I took a bit off each plate and made another meal to freeze it. It’ll certainly make us rethink lots of things! I’m either going to end it super fat (no waste it all needs eating 😂) or skinny because I’ve made my meals smaller
Yes. It has hit home to me just how lucky we are. War time rations were so much less and I wish I could go back in time and tell my grandparent’s how remarkable they were to have lived on rations for years. They also didn’t have the advantage of freezers that we have.

Last night, as I was dishing up my family’s dinner, I realised I wasn’t particularly hungry. Usually I would have eaten it anyway. Instead I put mine in a freezer bag and, once it had cooled down, I popped it in the freezer.
A few hours later I had crackers and a little bit of cheese which was enough for me.

It’s also made me realise how much I do eat when I’m not really hungry. That in itself is a waste and I want to rectify that.

Also, yesterday I saw online that if you freeze milk in ice cube trays, each cube is enough for one cup of tea so I’ve frozen some just in case we can’t get milk next week. At least my husband will still be able to have his morning cuppa.
B453CAF6-5B1C-4640-A7DA-D2DDB7387BDC.jpeg

• Heart

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
Hoping I get to celebrate by birthing this ever growing baby 😂
i gave birth to my 3rd son on Mothers Day (2011). Vaginal birth and he was 9llb 13 ozs. The midwife and I had a good chuckle as she plonked him onto my chest and I said "Just some flowers will do next year, eh?".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

Jane565

Chatty Member
Wanted to post this on the other thread when ppl were asking why italy rates were rising during lockdown. A nurse was on the news today in the uk and said ppl need to be thinking what they are doing today will impact on the nhs in 2-3 weeks time.

MsWitch94

my Husband called 111 tonight after I started to just feel increasingly worse, they advised I needed to go to out f hours, when we arrived we were told I must wait in the car until the dr is ready, 10 minutes I’m called in, I have a fever, my chest was cracking, my oxygen was 89% ( which is bad as I have lung issues and gave myself home oxygen an hour before going) ... it was scary seeing everyone in gowns and masks that were handed out after I entered. Dr said he’s seen a couple of positive cases now, he won’t be testing me but he was convinced I have Coronavirus :(

• Sad

HideTheHunter

Bit morbid but Iv felt more suicidal than I usually do. Not to worry anyone Iv just been crying it out and napping. Maybe a bit more snappy with people but I'm trying to keep my xool
Keep posting here (or wherever you feel comfortable). We are all here for you. Its hard, but honestly, just rant and vent. If you can PM anyone, please do. You aren't on your own x

• Heart

Rose91

Chatty Member
National Trust have closed their parks and gardens.
C394B291-57B3-4729-BAF9-DDB246D7572A.jpeg

This is near me and where I sometimes take mine and my clients dogs. On Thursday it was dead at 9 o’clock and the picture is today.

People who don’t usually/have no need to go for walks are all out in force, when they could simply walk around the road for 15/20 minutes

• Angry
  • Wow

Curly Top

VIP Member
Does anyone else think that the journalists are asking tougher questions now? They are almost demanding when he's going to bring in lockdown as there is evidence up and down the country that people are not adhering to his advice.

Reactions: 18

Catom

Hi, I live in Madrid. We are in forced lockdown. Police and the army roam the streets and we are only allowed out for absolute essentials. I only speak to anyone at 8 pm everyday as we see neighbors from our windows. Hospitals are out of capacity. I don't want to scare you, every country is facing this differently. I do feel that if you can stay at home, please do.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Anybody else finding it’s making you rethink your food usage? Yesterday I did a joint of meat and there was a bit left not enough for a meal but normally I’d have shared it out but I took a bit off each plate and made another meal to freeze it. It’ll certainly make us rethink lots of things! I’m either going to end it super fat (no waste it all needs eating 😂) or skinny because I’ve made my meals smaller

Sorry does anyone else think this is just cringe and patronising ??
🙋🏻‍♀️ same. I find clapping embarrassingly moronic at the best of times, let alone leaning out of a window to do it like some kind of circus seal.
There are far more helpful things we can do to show our support and gratitude: for example STAY THE FUCK AT HOME.

Reactions: 17

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
7902B661-58DE-42DD-913C-DAC96B227134.jpeg

Everyone acting like the government have given us a 12 month summer holiday for the laugh...

• Haha
Reactions: 17