Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
does anyone think the government are still secretly going ahead with that heard immunization tit?

like they’ll throw a few “suggestions” out there because they were being criticized so much, but not enough to stop it spreading.

am I out of order thinking that.
No you aren’t.... this shielding thing pretty much sounds like what they’re doing. One of the people with a very important sounding job but I’ve forgotten who it was said ideally, he’d send the vulnerable to the north of Scotland have everybody else mixing in the south of England to catch it and develop some sort of immunity. Kind of sounds like a more practical way of doing that!

Reactions: 5
I went out about 5 days ago as I desperately needed some baby formula, I chose to go in the evening when it was quiet. I’m now showing symptoms and the 111 website test has told me to isolate and my OH now has a letter to stay off work for 14 days (I was going to isolate anyway), but if I was out for roughly 45 mins last week getting formula, using hand sanitiser and washing my hands as soon as I got home and I now have symptoms, then these idiots crowding up together & going to the seaside etc are doomed!! They are selfish beyond belief.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
A few depressing things...
Another shift of being shouted at by customers because we had sold out of milk
My husband's work are still saying he's over reacting and he needs to go on despite him having severe COPD
Work and outside of work was packed with people hugging and high fiving each other etc :(

Some positives
A nice sunny day today
The food bank box at work was absolutely over flowing with donations
:)
severe COPD is on the list of must stay home for 12 weeks, surely the employer cannot go against that.

Reactions: 5
For a man who was recently boasting about recruiting for the police, Boris seems extremely reluctant to use them to enforce the social distancing. 😂😂

Reactions: 2
Yes please! What’s the code?

I am so stressed today.

Firstly, our boiler has stopped working so we have no heating or hot water. If we go into lockdown within the next day or so, how on Earth can we get it fixed?!

Secondly, my husbands parents turned up. Walked into the house. They are both elderly and have underlying health conditions. My father in law often comes round to do our gardening, so I’ve made them stay outside. My husband and son have been at school all week, so could be carrying the virus. When I explained this to my father in law, he said not to worry as he is “indestructible” 🙄

Thirdly, my 63 year old mum (a nurse!!) text me to ask if I wanted anything from Tesco. She went yesterday so what on Earth does she need?! I text her to say I don’t think she should be going out. She is planning on making an afternoon tea and has invited us and my brother’s family. When I said it wasn’t a good idea she said she would be strict about the hygiene.

WHY DOES NO ONE UNDERSTAND?!

Also, my husband thinks I’m being over dramatic 😞
Re: the boiler. This happened me last weekend and in my case it was just water pressure. I rang the installer and naturally he didn't really want to do a housecall, but he got me to send him a screenshot of the pipes and the valve and talked me through what to do. I remember that terrifying feeling so I hope that helps xx

Reactions: 1
Could i ask advice please. Ive had a dry cough and headache ive been self isolating. I dont know if what ive had is corona. But im also on the vulnerable list (not the severity of the letter thankfully). But my question is would you return to work as normal or ask to work from home (boss is a cow and doesnt like that idea). Im just concerned because theres nothing to say if anyone has had it that they are immune. Just can imagine my boss saying youre ok uve had it u shuld just work as normal now. I do office work btw. Sorry for waffle. Tia. 😊

At this point I feel like loading a water gun with dettol and spraying it over the fence of my local pub. Do they think people don't hear their beer garden

Reactions: 9
"Bring in the police???!" - Boris in disbelief Yes, mate, we live with people in LaLa Land who are going to beaches and parks, ffs, bring the police in NOW!

Reactions: 8
I popped out to the supermarket, and it was full of people everywhere. A shop next-door that sells fitness equipment had a massive queue. I'm honestly baffled. Nobody was keeping any distance. People just don't seem to understand that we should only really go out to get essentials! Such as food. Queuing in front of a fitness shop, I just don't understand. There were also various people that were coughing and sneezing without covering their mouth! I'm just so upset. :confused::cry:
My son in law has brought all of his gym bits to my garage, he has a key so can just let himself in and out of it. He’s one of those who needs to go to the gym 5 times a week at least (I know 🙄🙄) so would affect his mental health I’m sure if he can’t exercise, he mentioned that he’s looked online for more equipment and it’s all sold out. The gym closures are forcing people like him to work out at home which in my opinion is for the best atm, but there’s no way he would be going out shopping for it.

Does anyone else think that the journalists are asking tougher questions now? They are almost demanding when he's going to bring in lockdown as there is evidence up and down the country that people are not adhering to his advice.

Reactions: 18
What Boris fails to realise is

THE PEOPLE YOU NEED TO ENCOURAGE TO STAY AT HOME ARE OUT. THEY ARE OUT NOW. THEY ARE NOT WATCHING BORIS.

Fml.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Could you please send the actual link for this as I can’t find it? Thank you! 😊💜 My post didn’t write properly - I meant the link to the list of who is classed as the extremely vulnerable.

Reactions: 1
Could i ask advice please. Ive had a dry cough and headache ive been self isolating. I dont know if what ive had is corona. But im also on the vulnerable list (not the severity of the letter thankfully). But my question is would you return to work as normal or ask to work from home (boss is a cow and doesnt like that idea). Im just concerned because theres nothing to say if anyone has had it that they are immune. Just can imagine my boss saying youre ok uve had it u shuld just work as normal now. I do office work btw. Sorry for waffle. Tia. 😊
Stay at home. Save lives - including your own.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What Boris fails to realise is

THE PEOPLE YOU NEED TO ENCOURAGE TO STAY AT HOME ARE OUT. THEY ARE OUT NOW. THEY ARE NOT WATCHING BORIS.

Fml.
Exactly this!! The people that are ignoring the advice aren't going to be watching 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.