Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Argento

Genuine question.
Why did you post on here and ask for people’s thoughts and then when everyone advised you not to go, you appear to disregard them?
Not trying to antagonise or patronise, I just don’t understand why you asked.

For what its worth I think going is the wrong decision.

I live near Eastbourne and at the moment we only have 8 recorded cases in East Sussex so chances of catching it at very slim and putting bluntly people from elsewhere can stay the f**k away.

This is how it spreads, people from one area visiting another and bringing it with them without realising it. Stay at home, stay in your own area, don't mingle, don't go where there might be crowds. Only go out if you have to (work/food/exercise).

Through the news and social media today, I have seen Bhondi beach full of people, Skegness full of people, National Trust parks full of people (well done to them for closing them tonight), people standing in queues outside shops at 6 am and I want to weep at our stupidity.

I am horrified by our selfishness. Yesterday I watched a man in my local supermarket argue with the shop staff because he had 6 loaves of bread and the limit was 2. 'You might as well give me them' he said' Or I will just come back in and buy 2 more, take them out to my car and come back for another 2.'

I saw husbands and wife's with 2 trolleys both buying the maximum they could for each trolley before going to separate tills.

I spoke to the lady on the till who told me they had been watching people all morning buy up to the limit, take it out to their car and then come back in and do it all again. She told me they send their kids in again and again, to buy as much as possible.

Have you looked on Currys website? They have no freezers. People rushed out and bought extra freezers so they could stockpile more food. It beggars belief.

This is who we are, too selfish to take only our fair share of food and so reckless that though we are told to keep our distance we all go to the f**king beach.

Rant over! Buy only the food you can eat in the next 7 days, keep your distance from others. Go home, stay home, hug your kids, tell them you love them every day. Be safe, be smart and we will get through this.

with apologies to those of you who are staying at home, anxious and scared ( me included, a single father with a health condition and a teenage son scared sh*tless I might catch it).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member

People are missing out on all sorts of things due to this virus. I am annoyed by this... I am devastated about Maddy going missing as I have two small kids myself but her complaining about a mass, when thousands of people are going without seeing their mum's tomorrow.
Gets away with murder and still not happy, just can’t please some people 😐

• Haha

HideTheHunter

Don’t assume my wealth. We are thinking it through. the virus is passed on by human contact. We would have zero human contact. Gloves are available at petrol stations.
Listen love, not one single person has recommended that you head for the seaside. Not. One. Person. And the virus is not *just* passed on through human contact, please don't be naïve enough to think that. Please just stay home, where you are and stay safe with your family.

• Heart

Cocoflowers

VIP Member
Just watched ant and dec Saturday night takeaway and the ending with olly murs and all the crew all the videos just made me bloody cry because of all this virus and seeing all the nhs staff 😭😭

Who ever is working right now at hospitals and everywhere else thank you

😭😭 sorry had to let that out had a couple of drinks haha

Reactions: 24

leoladyxo

VIP Member
It’s a stressful time for everyone, please can we try and keep this thread a place for realism but also positivity? 💜

• Heart

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
On a slightly different note do any of you live in a seaside/holiday/tourist area and have seen an influx of people? I have a friend that lives in Bournemouth he says it’s like a bank holiday with lots of visitors. You couldn’t make it up could you.

• Angry
  • Sad

KateESJ

VIP Member
For some positivity -

We went for a quick walk tonight, we have a field nearby and I let the kids kick a ball around for a little bit and run around just to let off some steam. We walked past a house and they had some rainbow pictures stuck in the window, some locals are getting their kids to draw and put them in the window just for some positivity.

My daughter decided on her own that she wants to draw some pictures and stick them into the letterboxes of our neighbours and write them a little 'love note'. Don't know if we will just because they're mostly elderly and she's been sick, but the fact she decided herself that she wanted to made me happy 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Loopy1981

Ummmm you have no idea how some of us feel, you sound really really bitter. It's a way of the masses showing their appreciation in solidarity for those who are keeping our society together right now, albeit only by a round of applause. Italy done the same.
Here in spain we go out on the balconies at 8pm every single night and clap to say our thanks to the frontline workers. It's a single moment of unity in a day (now the 9th day) of isolation so i will keep on doing it. The isolation we are forced to keep here in spain is nothing like what is apparently like in the UK. We literally cannot leave our hones unless one of the very few accepted reasons. Many many people here do not have any outside space and it Lockdown is HARD. The clapping is not a 'Instagram moment's it's a very important part of social unity and positivity.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Alightened

VIP Member
This has just come up on my Insta feed.... where's the social distancing😳🙄. Really John Lewis 🙄
20200321_201625.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

BallroomBear

I think Boris is intending to delay lockdown until absolutely necessary. I hear thousands of the Spanish have been fined for flouting the restrictions. Maybe if we have lockdown nationwide the daft ones refusing to isolate will pay enough fines to pay for several thousand more ventilators.
Boris has a problem with London. Give it 2 days of the city being shutdown, and certain sections of society will be out looting every branch of JD Sports and Footlocker they can find. He knows he doesn't have the police numbers to protect premises and property, although he could always blame the idiot mayor. Londoners will soon get what they deserve for electing Khan.

• Sad
  • Heart

Pinkii

VIP Member
Are they waiting for the NHS to collapse completely before they lock everything down?

people aren’t listening, these people need to be told!!!

• Sad

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Our country is an embarrassment! Albeit, not everybody, but why can’t people just do we they are bloody well told?

A photo has done the rounds by me of a queue to get into a club last night. I hope they have their license revoked.

And what a bloody embarrassment that it’s risky for us to lock down because people will loot. Other countries can do it but we can’t. All we have to do is change the way we live for a few weeks, a few months perhaps, and we can try get some normality back. SO annoying.

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Snowdonia national park have issued a statement saying it has ‘experienced its busiest visitor day in living memory’ (Saturday)

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

Squarehole

VIP Member
There’s no need to be patronising. It’s busy at Easter usually anyway. People are getting sick anyway, IF they are not practicing social-distancing. You can’t get it if you don’t come into contact with anyone else.

We are considering our options of sticking with existing holiday plans, being near the sea and wide open space is comforting and good for mental health.
This is not a normal Easter. More people than usual will get sick and hospitals in smaller areas have less capacity so will be overwhelmed easily.

You said you wish there was a lockdown to take the decision out of your hands. Just bite the bullet and make that decision yourself your asking here and unsure yourself so just stay at home ! It sucks yes but everyone is in the same boat and many people are losing much more than their Easter week in Cornwall

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
My husband went for a walk today and he said there were lots of older people old not respecting his space so if they got too close he coughed 😂
Considering the 70's and over should be isolating, I've never seen so many of the buggers out and about as what I have today.

The amount that walked down our road, I'm half wondering if they've escaped from the home round the corner.

• Haha

Hc68759

VIP Member
My sister went to a big shopping mall in the East Midlands today and said it was heaving with people. She’s not taking it seriously at all and is going out and about with her kids wherever she pleases and then spending time with my mum who has health issues. It’s making me so angry!

• Sad
  • Angry

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Moving on...

anyone got any short breaks/staycations planned!?

seriously if you’re spending time on a thread (about a virus that’s killing thousands)
arguing with others, walk away, get outside...

In your own area obviously....not Cornwall 🤣😂

and don’t touch anything or anyone 😐

Come on Boris just put the bloody country on lockdown. :rolleyes:
I’m gonna ask admin to put the fucking thread on lockdown. 😂🤣

• Haha

Alightened

VIP Member
On BBC news it said the seaside resort of Skegness was packed, the cafes were full and even the amusement arcades were open and busy😳. I can't believe the amount of stupid people there are on this planet😡😡😡

• Angry
  • Haha