Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So agree it's

Selfish gits stockpiling pics queues and empty shelves.

Look at these stupid mum's or teenagers not staying in

Or clap for the nhs
Regarding the food situation I think the gov need to issue everyone with a card that you take to the supermarket do your shop then its scanned at the tills and you cant go back again until the next week. Its ok only allowing 3 items per person but whats to stop the same person going back everyday or later the same day?

Reactions: 11
Why are travel agents even still open?! 🤔
I understand they may need someone to man the ‘phones for queries re cancelled holidays but there is no need to be physically in the shop is there? Am I missing something?
Oh I don’t know 🤔 I’ll have to ask her.

Reactions: 2
Yes please! What’s the code?

I am so stressed today.

Firstly, our boiler has stopped working so we have no heating or hot water. If we go into lockdown within the next day or so, how on Earth can we get it fixed?!

Secondly, my husbands parents turned up. Walked into the house. They are both elderly and have underlying health conditions. My father in law often comes round to do our gardening, so I’ve made them stay outside. My husband and son have been at school all week, so could be carrying the virus. When I explained this to my father in law, he said not to worry as he is “indestructible” 🙄

Thirdly, my 63 year old mum (a nurse!!) text me to ask if I wanted anything from Tesco. She went yesterday so what on Earth does she need?! I text her to say I don’t think she should be going out. She is planning on making an afternoon tea and has invited us and my brother’s family. When I said it wasn’t a good idea she said she would be strict about the hygiene.

WHY DOES NO ONE UNDERSTAND?!

Also, my husband thinks I’m being over dramatic 😞
Bloody hell , that is an overload of craziness. I don’t know what else to say ☹

Reactions: 1
I think you misunderstood my post.
I’m not leaving my house!
I was asking for when I DO need to drive to the supermarket for food for my household and for my dad, would I be able to drive it to him before driving home? I will be the one person getting the supplies.
You are in the uk yes. In Spain yes you can shop for vulnerable, leave it outside the door and return to your casa home

Reactions: 4
Isn't it enough that the Cornish prime-minister is begging people not to visit. I'm really confused why you'd even ask wether you should still go but I'm even more confused than when everyone's said no you've just made excuses. You don't want opinions, you've clearly made up your mind by disregarding what everyone's saying & having a tantrum.

Reactions: 16
Received the same text drink ScottishPower last night and this morning. I can't afford to stay in credit and I doubt many people could.
.I did a a rough April and May budget go see how screwed are.
The tit will hit the fan start June for us.
But I got stuck setting a figure for energy and food..
We in house more so I guess we use more energy.
Also we moved last jan so had to get water meter and we defiantly using more water.
Also food I set at 500 no idea if that's accurate reason so high is in assuming we avoiding lildls and aldis.
Can't get online so will be stuck at small conscience stores and corner shop plus mobile butchers.
We ok for 2 maybe 3 weeks for food bar milk bread booze and fruit..
I think food bill go up.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
“Hey Rick! Where are you going this weekend?“
“Nowhere, I’m in the at risk category!”

Love a bit of Rick Stein, he’s so calming ❤
I feel like if we’re in this for the long haul they need to change the adverts. There’s still an advert for Turkish airlines on..... yeah great thanks show us what we can’t do!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve never seen so many people out in broad day light in prime time hours out and about on the communal greens, in the tennis courts... I can see them through my window! In the past 5 years of living here I’ve never seen anybody use the tennis courts! Yes I walk my dog still, however I walk him on my own, at unsociable hours - before 7am and after 10pm and in woodland areas. You can’t not walk a 40kg dog. But you can do it safely practising social distancing. But for big families to be out together, in broad daylight mingling with other families is damn right stupid and selfish.

Reactions: 7
Which part of putting other people lives in danger don't you understand. Did you listen to Dr Jack. You are 2 weeks behind Italy and Spain.
What about the Cornish people who live there or do they not matter because you are wealthy enough to have a second home. This virus doesn't discriminate. You are taking a revolver with a bullet and spinning it every time. Protect your family but not to the detriment to others.
Mankind is being tested and when we come out of this. We can reflect on our actions and behaviours. How will you feel?
i think youve quoted the wrong response here ! om telling her not to go to Cornwall 😍

Reactions: 1
Staff edit:

please report any argumentative posts/comments, any users goading for arguments or any users derailing the thread.

that’s not what this thread is about.
Some arguments have been removed.
Continue on.

Reactions: 6
THANK YOU
So you’re going to take the 1 comment agreeing with you Over the 99 others disagreeing with you?
What was the point in posting in the first place, you aren’t going to listen so do what you want and let’s hope no one close to you doesn’t get sick or die from this 🙃

Reactions: 10
I'm thinking of going to Cornwall for the week, I know I shouldnt be going but I'm going to ask opinions on here anyway.
If anyone says not to go I'm going to justify it anyway and still go.
I won't go outdoors if I'm home, but I'm going to travel 5 hours to just stay inside there instead.
There's no point in me going, but I'm thinking of going anyway. I know I shouldn't be going but I don't care about anyone else so I'm just going to go anyway.

ABSOLUTELY bleeping DELUDED. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.