Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm doing ok thanks, I got a decent sleep there a while ago.
The aches are real bad, thighs, knees, legs, feet, arms.... basically a pain in my life :ROFLMAO: but its fine caus im staying in bed watching TV.
Hope you're soon feeling betteršŸ˜˜

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So sorry youā€™re not getting a refund! Iā€™m hoping pressure from our local MPs can convince some companies to shut allowing for insurances etc. to help! Iā€™m scared for our people, grand parents, vulnerable people with underlying conditions like myself, but Iā€™m so glad thereā€™s people like you and your family who see that risk too! I hope when this goes you and your family can come and have a fabulous time! šŸ„°
Thank you. There are so many people I know who have lost jobs that it seems silly moaning about lost money.

The beach will be there after all this. Although I may turn my frustration into rage and help annihilate the company on Twitter...I'd have to join twitter first though! That and all the stupid people going to play areas etc. Even the National Trust have closed now.

Reactions: 7
I assumed boots and Superdrug were staying open seeing as they provide pharmacy services and baby products etc. Does anyone know if they are staying open?
have you read boris is advising ppl to not visit their mums so even if your mum wasnt in hospital you shouldnt visit her. hope that makes you feel bit better knowing the govt advice. šŸ˜Š

Reactions: 3
I assumed boots and Superdrug were staying open seeing as they provide pharmacy services and baby products etc. Does anyone know if they are staying open?
Their still open here l'd say they'll stay open as the pharmacy's are snowed under with people getting meds ..their only allowing 2 people in at any 1 time though..

Reactions: 1
Iā€™m not an NHS front line person but I am a Keyworker keeping the schools open for the children of other key workers.

I absolutely loathe the idea of the Instagram collective clap at 8.00pm.

All those clapping have no bleeping idea of the worry and fright and I donā€™t give a tit unless that clap pays my bills and the mortgage.

Iā€™m not bitter, Iā€™m worried and anxious.
Ditto

Reactions: 2
I got sick of pandering to the ignorance of one my best friends today. So far Iā€™d responded to her saying it was ā€œottā€ and I should come for a pint in the last week by calmly questioning why she thought that (she never directly addressed that) saying itā€™s actually pretty serious and have a look at these sources. Iā€™m sure she didnā€™t. Yesterday she said it was ā€˜natureā€™ that people were dieing. When I mentioned the woman in her 30s who made that video where she could barely breathe she responded: ā€œmaybe she had an underlying health conditionā€ with this emoji šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
WTF
She then said ā€œI think in reality most people are going to get it, some will be immune some won't, it's just the way it is. The only reason they're creating all these measures is to keep the NHS afloat by reducing the no. Who catch it at once, not prevent people from catching it all togetherā€

This pushed me to the edge. Itā€™s not just her ignorance, itā€™s the almost patronising tone as if sheā€™s ā€˜explainingā€™ the virus and whatā€™s going on to me. I say pushed to the edge, I still didnā€™t have a go but I wrote a long ish message about how we all have a responsibility, acting like itā€™s inevitable and ok for vulnerable or elederly people to die because some millennial didnā€™t wash their hands is messed up - and high risk people can be someone in their 60s with asthma itā€™s not just people on deaths door. And that yes the nhs is going to be overwhelmed and there will be preventable deaths due to not enough equipment. How can she be so calm and nonchalant about it all?
She never replied. This is a dear friend of mine but sheā€™s always been very ignorant about certain things and I no longer find it cute.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Thank you. There are so many people I know who have lost jobs that it seems silly moaning about lost money.

The beach will be there after all this. Although I may turn my frustration into rage and help annihilate the company on Twitter...I'd have to join twitter first though! That and all the stupid people going to play areas etc. Even the National Trust have closed now.
I logged into Twitter today for the first time in 18 months just so I could rant at Boris Johnson! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
This is really off topic šŸ˜‚ but I didnā€™t know where to put it.

Iā€™ve got a code for NOWTV Sky Movies which is Ā£2 for 2 months.

What with us all staying inside I thought someone might be able to use it?? I already have another account so I have no need for it.

sorry back on track now. just didnā€™t want it to go to waste

Reactions: 8
Just to add something positive....

Iā€™m not going to Cornwall šŸ™‚
Youā€™re welcome Cornwall. šŸ™‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
For the first time in a while I canā€™t sleep from worrying. My anxiety seems to be awful tonight. I usually try to sleep before hubby because if I donā€™t I lie awake googling so much about the virus! šŸ˜¢

• Sad
Reactions: 4
For what its worth I think going is the wrong decision.

I live near Eastbourne and at the moment we only have 8 recorded cases in East Sussex so chances of catching it at very slim and putting bluntly people from elsewhere can stay the f**k away.

This is how it spreads, people from one area visiting another and bringing it with them without realising it. Stay at home, stay in your own area, don't mingle, don't go where there might be crowds. Only go out if you have to (work/food/exercise).

Through the news and social media today, I have seen Bhondi beach full of people, Skegness full of people, National Trust parks full of people (well done to them for closing them tonight), people standing in queues outside shops at 6 am and I want to weep at our stupidity.

I am horrified by our selfishness. Yesterday I watched a man in my local supermarket argue with the shop staff because he had 6 loaves of bread and the limit was 2. 'You might as well give me them' he said' Or I will just come back in and buy 2 more, take them out to my car and come back for another 2.'

I saw husbands and wife's with 2 trolleys both buying the maximum they could for each trolley before going to separate tills.

I spoke to the lady on the till who told me they had been watching people all morning buy up to the limit, take it out to their car and then come back in and do it all again. She told me they send their kids in again and again, to buy as much as possible.

Have you looked on Currys website? They have no freezers. People rushed out and bought extra freezers so they could stockpile more food. It beggars belief.

This is who we are, too selfish to take only our fair share of food and so reckless that though we are told to keep our distance we all go to the f**king beach.

Rant over! Buy only the food you can eat in the next 7 days, keep your distance from others. Go home, stay home, hug your kids, tell them you love them every day. Be safe, be smart and we will get through this.

with apologies to those of you who are staying at home, anxious and scared ( me included, a single father with a health condition and a teenage son scared sh*tless I might catch it).
@Lars Guinard this could have been wrote about a certain Miss Piggy ;)

Have you asked the company if you can move the dates? I work in travel and a lot of companies including Ryanair (shock horror) have been really flexible. I think encouraging people to amend rather than cancel is what will keep the travel industry going.
I currently can't get through and they do specify that they won't speak with people booked on my hol dates until 28th. They are currently offering a holiday voucher which I understand to be food on site vouchers.

As we never eat at restaurants on these sites I don't really want to accept this. From info from others the dates being offered are term time Sept/Oct/Nov.
I'd accept Easter next year.

However, I have to say that given the companies current behaviour I suspect they are in financial difficulty and therefore my refund (and many others) is unlikely.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I currently can't get through and they do specify that they won't speak with people booked on my hol dates until 28th. They are currently offering a holiday voucher which I understand to be food on site vouchers.

As we never eat at restaurants on these sites I don't really want to accept this. From info from others the dates being offered are term time Sept/Oct/Nov.
I'd accept Easter next year.

However, I have to say that given the companies current behaviour I suspect they are in financial difficulty and therefore my refund (and many others) is unlikely.
Itā€™s really hard times for everyone but the travel industry has been broken by this. I suppose thereā€™s no right answer but itā€™s a shame you have to lose your money

I was actually thinking gonna so bored might do some YouTube videos again ( not trying to become an "influencer") just something else to help pass time before anyone thinks that šŸ˜‚ but if i did by the very off chance can someone make me a rave thread please? šŸ˜‰ don't want to have to resort to coming on here under a different name do I now šŸ‘€

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This popped up on my facebook page from a Doctor who works at a hospital in Prague and has been liked 128k times.

1584839220267.png

Roughly translated.

"We can't take it anymore. We don't sleep, we don't eat. The phone is ringing practically continuously. Sure, as doctors, we signed up for hard work, we knew what we were getting into. But this is different. This is a sprint and marathon rolled into one - it's intense. It takes a long time and the end is not yet in sight.

Despite repeatedly being told by the media if you are asymptomatic don't go for swabs, there are still a billion of them. So again - if you don't have any or only light symptoms, stay home, drink enough fluids, take paracetamol for your temperature and stay out of it (the hospital). I don't understand the logic of people who are afraid that they might have coronavirus coming to the only place where it is definitely clear that coronavirus is occurring.

People lie about their symptoms so we examine them and we know how badly they've manipulated the system. First of all - we are not completely stupid despite the sleep deficit and we can tell whether someone is sick or not and I'm insulted when someone makes me an asshole and acts like we're at a theater show. Secondly, they waste our time and energy (and medical supplies because even that is a commodity we need to take into account) that we could use for someone who really does need our care. I've been working in the healthcare industry for a while, but even when people stole our masks, I was surprised.

I would also appreciate it if people would stop yelling at me - on the phone and in person. I understand this is a stressful situation for you too, but you won't really increase my job efficiency. Sure you are mad at the government, you consider their measures too rough / insufficient / poorly communicated, I'll take it, but realize that you are yelling at a poor guy here who hasn't know how long this will last and who has roughly the same effect as the Prime Minister's decision as deciding tomorrow's weather in Sri Lanka.

Let's just act reasonable and treat each other like humans.

(P. S.: when you claim that corona virus is fine because only the old and / or sick will get affected , you're actually saying that these people don't matter and that they are not essential. That's not a great opinion. - No, no, no.

#staythefuckhome

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Xpastrd QRevrwvddxsx

You know it's bad when I thought the exact same! Maybe she got confused when people said you are allowed out to walk your dog šŸ˜‰
Or the 2 ratio meaning a trolly each instead of 2 items per customer šŸ˜‚ as she's now on the lookout for a chest freezer aswell ;)

• Wow
For the first time in a while I canā€™t sleep from worrying. My anxiety seems to be awful tonight. I usually try to sleep before hubby because if I donā€™t I lie awake googling so much about the virus! šŸ˜¢
I'm still up. Normal bed time is 10.30-11pm max.

A few 12's sprinkled here and there but I feel too agitated.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.