Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I’m with you. I do 12 hour shifts in a mask so when people moan about an hour in Tesco, I really have to bite my tongue. I didn’t sign up to nursing thinking this was how my days would go but here we are.
Not all heroes wear capes ey? I’m pretty sure working as a nurse it’s somewhat reasonable to be expected to wear PPE at times in line with infection control. Expecting the public to wear them is something that no one signed up for. It’s not “normal” to wear clinical prevention measures in public places. If someone wants to wear a mask then wear it, if not good for you. People need to stop turning their nose up at others thinking they are superior because they’re so compliant 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 41

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Are you not concerned about getting infected or infecting others?
Not anymore. I'm vaccinated. My whole family are vaccinated. If we're going to get covid then we're going to get it. My whole family shielded with me last year as I'm CEV. We did 146 days. Not doing that again ever again! Life is for living. I think we're at a point now where people should be able to make their own decisions. If you don't feel comfortable around family and friends then that's fine but it shouldn't be pushed on those that are no longer scared

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Hey don’t knock it , Been working for us hospital staff for 18 months
Hey don’t knock it , Been working for us hospital staff for 18 months
this isn’t an attack on you, but this comment reminded me of something,

All I’m seeing on SM is this type of sass from hospital staff lately, even the cleaners seem to think they’re on par with the brain surgeons and act like everyone else is beneath them,
I’m grateful for everything the doctors and nurses do, but I think this bloody “clap for the NHS” shit gave this sector an overinflated almost bitchy/condescending attitude.
So many sectors put themselves in danger daily to serve the community, why were we not giving credit to the firefighters that actually assist ambulance crew on many many of their call outs, especially if the elderly are involved, While also doing their main job.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I get people not wanting to comply with not seeing relatives etc.but really all this fuss about a bit of cloth over your mouth. Talk about first world problems! It's hardly like living under the gestapo is it? Some people don't know they're born.
For some people having their mouth covered is extremely traumatic. For some people their children are deeply distressed seeing their parents face mostly covered deeming them almost unrecognisable and quite scary when surrounded by everyone wearing masks. For some people they have sensory issues and feel incredibly distressed when fabric is touching them around their mouth.

You might not have an issue and that’s good for you, wear one. I won’t be and I’m not sorry about it.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 34

N-NewGirl

This has GOT to STOP!!!!!! The constant scare mongering from the press, people turning against each other for having different views, second guessing the “guidance”. I personally won’t be wearing a mask because I a glasses wearer and I have to pick between being able to see or wearing a mask, so I pick sight! Have we traveled back in time by 2 years? How long are we going to follow these stupid rules? They’re obviously not working so what is the point? I’m sure people just feel more protected from covid whilst wearing a mask even thought they actually aren’t. I’m so annoyed at this all. We have got to start learning to live with it. We’ve all missed out on so much!!! Enough is enough.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
It feels like an endless cycle of masks, tests, vaccines and restrictions with no hint of normal life returning any time soon. My mental health is shot to pieces after the last 2 years and I know I’m not the only one. This along with the never ending rises to the cost of living, energy prices, food prices, inflation - it’s all too much. There’s no joy in anything anymore. It’s more likely that further restrictions will be put in place in 3 weeks time in my opinion whether people wear masks or not.

I don’t care if I sound like i’m having a pity party or that they had it harder during the war, this is situation we are in now and it’s fucking crap.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Did someone rewind the world back two years. Most people jabbed and still nothing changed.

Surely no one is listening to this BS anymore?

You can wear your silly little masks you can stop seeing your family again but I believe most sensible people will now just do what is best for them.

Once again..... this ends when we stop complying.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Warriorqueen

VIP Member
I don’t know how I’ve avoided this. I’ve been working the acute Covid ward before having any vaccines and was involved in the first testing of nhs staff at the start of 2020. I’ve had people with Covid coughing in my face and delivered care to pts on Cpap machines, the riskiest scenario for transmission and STILL I haven’t had Covid. I’ve even slept next to a husband with Covid….nope, nothing. Husband reckons Covid is too scared to dare enter 🤣 scary thing is, if I caught it, I’d be fucked. I’ve had open heart surgery and have a leaky valve but I won’t tell the bastard if you don’t 🤫

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

kev1974

VIP Member
and there we go, my upcoming 20 Dec eye hospital appointment booked about 2 months ago just vaporised and has been pushed back to february 🤡 . I expect that will just get postponed and postponed again. Back in November 2019 they decided I needed eye surgery to stop me going blind, it was all set for March 2020 when they panicked and binned everything off, only in September 2021 did they finally get around to seeing me again for the same condition.

conversion of "National Health Service" to "National Covid Only, Nothing Else Matters Service" back on track :rolleyes:

thanks Sajid and Nadhim, and WHO and Omicron ... I'll just quietly go blind then :mad: ... meanwhile we tap our fingers on the table waiting for someone with actual Omicron symptoms to come forward, so far all the news reports of people with it seem to be asymptomatic and only know they've got it because a random test says so 🤷‍♂️

• Sad
  • Angry

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I'm actually not scared of this virus anymore. It's so strange as you all know how frightened I was during the first lockdown and how religiously I stuck to the shielding rules etc. My mum just rang and asked how I felt about the new variant and I just said I don't really have any feelings about it. It's a virus, they mutate. I'm a bit switched off from it all now. Probably sound like a heartless cow but I'm just trying to enjoy my life and not worry about the unknown. I'm having Christmas with all my family around me.

• Heart

Tublet83

VIP Member
Geez some people on this thread are gunning for a lockdown aren’t they, bet they couldn’t sleep last night with the excitement ffs 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
People on the holiday page I use are fuming. Some cancelled their holidays to this year from last and now cant go because their child has now turned 12, isnt vaccinated and now can't go.

One of them had 2 children under 12 at the time of booking. They are due to fly Tuesday but the eldest is now 12 and unvaccinated and can't fly so theyve had to cancel the holiday.

Nearly 300 comments before admin turned it off and the comments were awful absolutely awful. About how teens are super spreaders and need to all be forcibly or compulsory vaccinated, how they can live with themselves being anti vaxxers (both parents are double V) how all they have to do is get vaccinated in order to enjoy beautiful holidays abroad, how this is a stark message that if you want to leave a free life then you need to he vaccinated and plenty more nasty posts saying how it sucks to be them stuck in the UK and how they hope they enjoy the shitty weather over here etc etc.

Poor lady only asked for advice on whether it was worth moving the holiday to next year or getting full refund

Honestly, humans are generally vile.

This doesn't make much sense to me.

when the care home debacle happened the government was accused of not caring for the elderly, in fact wanting to get rid of them.

And it is true: the governments of this world would cope better with less people, due to ageing population and climate change.
Less old and ill people and overall less people would benefit them.

And if they wanted to give contracts to mates they would find something else.
The government is giving the vaccines away for free and are encouraging people to take this service up - why not charge for them if they wanted to make money from it?
they could easily charge fifty quit per shot.

I also don't think the media just wants to scare everyone, as it was reported that the new variant so far only caused mild symptoms.

And if people would be more responsible (see large demonstrations, behaviour at "freedom day", the beach photos at the first hot day last year etc) there might not be that many restrictions.

I dont go to a club right now, regardless of whether they are open or not.
But I still go to nice bars, where I and my friend have enough space to sit by ourselves. We wear masks when we walk in and out and on public transport and in cabs.
It is not a big sacrifice to make
They will charge eventually. They cannot sustain 4 (that's the current ideal) boosters a year for everyone in the UK. That's why they charge for the flu as they cant afford to give it free to everyone and so those not in vulnerable or eligible groups have to pay and why the uptake for it isnt high.

And in further to your reply which was deleted, A cold or flu can kill ME because I take a combination of anti biotics as I dont have an immune system due to losing my spleen and associated treatments. So regardless of what google tells you, I was referring to me personally when you told me I was wrong

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

ATV2021

VIP Member
My mask exemption badge is back out of retirement. I complied last time even though they were causing panic attacks lol no more for me I'm afraid. Triple vaccinated and I've got recent natural immunity.

Different mindset this time too. I can't control whatever madness is going on, but I can control my thoughts and feelings so I plan to continue skipping along in my happy clappy world 🤣

Now Where's the baileys!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

HoGi

VIP Member
I am less scared for myself, as I am pretty fit, but what if I were to transmit the virus to someone else who then becomes really ill?

This is my biggest worry, I also feel guilty for the nurses and doctors that died after catching it at work although I was never infected.
Do you worry about transmitting colds/flu/stomach bugs?

Life is for living. Illnesses happen. People can die from a common cold. You are unlikely to ever know for certain whether you passed an illness on to someone or whether they caught it else where.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Pinkii

VIP Member
I’m ao fucking pissed off with the masks returning, i don’t give a shit if nurses/doctors can wear them for 12 hour shifts, I can’t breath in them and i don’t want to wear one, my baby gets hysterical when she can’t see my face properly when we’re out.

What the fuck is the point of vaccines then if we still have to deal with this bullshit!?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

JLXRD

VIP Member
I get people not wanting to comply with not seeing relatives etc.but really all this fuss about a bit of cloth over your mouth. Talk about first world problems! It's hardly like living under the gestapo is it? Some people don't know they're born.
I’ve said this before but to me it’s not necessarily about me wearing the mask, it’s the constant visual reminder that things aren’t okay which makes me anxious and on edge, and I had been feeling a lot better since the masks had disappeared.

That’s why I wish they weren’t coming back - I could go days without thinking about covid or worrying but now whenever I go inside a shop I’ll have to acknowledge it and it’s just a bit exhausting!

Purely selfish on my part but I can’t help that’s how it makes me feel.

• Sad
  • Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
What's more traumatic than a cloth on the face for a short travel journey or few minutes in a shop is if people don't do it, things get worse and instead even more restrictions we don't want have to be brought in.
This attitude is the problem though. You accept what you think is a “little” inconvenience, so worse ones won’t be brought in. When has that worked so far? Never. All that happens is you are actually paving the way for far worse inconveniences because you’ve opened the door of compliance. Once they know you will, they don’t stop. That’s why you have to start from the bottom to change things.

We are on 3 vaccines and passports now but we are still returning to masks and distancing. Where does it end? When we say it does.

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
It makes me really sad to see how worried people still get despite being double or even triple jabbed, for a virus that even with no jabs, has a death rate of around 0.004% for your average person. What more will it take? Absolute one of the worst things to come from this pandemic, how much fear has been drilled into people that clearly can't be undone, however unjustified it was in the first place. The fact we have articles on 'new variants' that are symptomless, says it all. Who fucking cares then?