Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whilst I see your point, the bit of material (often unwashed) over someone’s face, sadly doesn’t make a blind bit of difference to catching the virus or not.
It actually does. When used/worn properly.

Reactions: 14
I get people not wanting to comply with not seeing relatives etc.but really all this fuss about a bit of cloth over your mouth. Talk about first world problems! It's hardly like living under the gestapo is it? Some people don't know they're born.
Agreed. And some are taking it to the extreme.

For instance, I was looking at Maajid Nawaz's Twitter earlier after someone on here mentioned him and every single post is about Covid - and we're talking loads every day. I think he sees himself as some kind of freedom fighter against 'Big Brother', but he comes across as obsessive and deranged with massive delusions of grandeur. 😐

Reactions: 7
Boris can f**k off.
My sister is due to fly back from Italy on 18th December for the first time in 2 and a half years.
My mum had a stroke earlier this week (thankfully not a huge one) and being able to speak at Christmas is her main goal right now.
No way am I following any restrictions anymore.
It's a mask in a couple of public settings that in just three weeks time gets reviewed and maybe scrapped. It's no big deal. He isn't stopping anything important. We can all still see people. We don't need a mask in hospitality. It's a small temporary restriction until the experts know more about the variant. It's better to go hard early so we are less likely of more restrictions down the line. Boris has learned from last year.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Whilst I see your point, the bit of material (often unwashed) over someone’s face, sadly doesn’t make a blind bit of difference to catching the virus or not.
I'm not totally convinced by that but either way some people get their knickers in a twist just because other people are wearing them- like how does it affect you!? 😅

Reactions: 9
I get people not wanting to comply with not seeing relatives etc.but really all this fuss about a bit of cloth over your mouth. Talk about first world problems! It's hardly like living under the gestapo is it? Some people don't know they're born.
For some people having their mouth covered is extremely traumatic. For some people their children are deeply distressed seeing their parents face mostly covered deeming them almost unrecognisable and quite scary when surrounded by everyone wearing masks. For some people they have sensory issues and feel incredibly distressed when fabric is touching them around their mouth.

You might not have an issue and that’s good for you, wear one. I won’t be and I’m not sorry about it.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Hey don’t knock it , Been working for us hospital staff for 18 months
Hey don’t knock it , Been working for us hospital staff for 18 months
this isn’t an attack on you, but this comment reminded me of something,

All I’m seeing on SM is this type of sass from hospital staff lately, even the cleaners seem to think they’re on par with the brain surgeons and act like everyone else is beneath them,
I’m grateful for everything the doctors and nurses do, but I think this bloody “clap for the NHS” tit gave this sector an overinflated almost bitchy/condescending attitude.
So many sectors put themselves in danger daily to serve the community, why were we not giving credit to the firefighters that actually assist ambulance crew on many many of their call outs, especially if the elderly are involved, While also doing their main job.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
It's a mask in a couple of public settings that in just three weeks time gets reviewed and maybe scrapped. It's no big deal. He isn't stopping anything important. We can all still see people. We don't need a mask in hospitality. It's a small temporary restriction until the experts know more about the variant. It's better to go hard early so we are less likely of more restrictions down the line. Boris has learned from last year.
I believe in Santa Clause too🎅

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve said this before but to me it’s not necessarily about me wearing the mask, it’s the constant visual reminder that things aren’t okay which makes me anxious and on edge, and I had been feeling a lot better since the masks had disappeared.

That’s why I wish they weren’t coming back - I could go days without thinking about covid or worrying but now whenever I go inside a shop I’ll have to acknowledge it and it’s just a bit exhausting!

Purely selfish on my part but I can’t help that’s how it makes me feel.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
this isn’t an attack on you, but this comment reminded me of something,

All I’m seeing on SM is this type of sass from hospital staff lately, even the cleaners seem to think they’re on par with the brain surgeons and act like everyone else is beneath them,
I’m grateful for everything the doctors and nurses do, but I think this bloody “clap for the NHS” tit gave this sector an overinflated almost bitchy/condescending attitude.
So many sectors put themselves in danger daily to serve the community, why were we not giving credit to the firefighters that actually assist ambulance crew on many many of their call outs, especially if the elderly are involved, While also doing their main job.
I get your point, but I don't blame some of them. I think anyone who works with the general public deserves a medal.

A year in retail was enough for me to say never again. :D

Reactions: 9
For some people having their mouth covered is extremely traumatic. For some people their children are deeply distressed seeing their parents face mostly covered deeming them almost unrecognisable and quite scary when surrounded by everyone wearing masks. For some people they have sensory issues and feel incredibly distressed when fabric is touching them around their mouth.

You might not have an issue and that’s good for you, wear one. I won’t be and I’m not sorry about it.
And some people complain that their eyelashes don't curl when they wear one???

I’ve said this before but to me it’s not necessarily about me wearing the mask, it’s the constant visual reminder that things aren’t okay which makes me anxious and on edge, and I had been feeling a lot better since the masks had disappeared.

That’s why I wish they weren’t coming back - I could go days without thinking about covid or worrying but now whenever I go inside a shop I’ll have to acknowledge it and it’s just a bit exhausting!

Purely selfish on my part but I can’t help that’s how it makes me feel.
Yeah I know what you mean. We haven't been wearing them at work and it will definitely feel weird to see everyone start wearing them again.

Reactions: 1
Oh ok Karen. That totally dismisses everyone elses reasons doesn’t it 😐 if it’s not your body it’s not your choice is it 🤷‍♀️
Resorting to petty insults. Nice. Totally makes me see your point of view. I wasn't dismissing the reasons you gave I was pointing out that not everyone can give a valid reason.

Reactions: 3
Was covid the reason almost 10 years ago I and others were left without checks and alone? Honestly the maternity provision has been a farce for years but I suppose covid and the unvaccinated are a good cover story 🤬
I saw a few days ago a man had to deliver his own child due to staff shortages the delivery suite at the hospital was shut.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.