Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for clarifying. That's what I thought. It's generally listed on death certificates where the cause of death cannot be categorically determined (i.e. it could have been a contributing factor). However, with a fatal car accident a coroner would be able to rule out covid as the cause for obvious reasons.

I know it's not easy, but I don't think it's right to leave your flat if you know you're positive. You cannot guarantee you won't come into contact with someone and - as covid is very contagious - you could pass it on fairly easily.

Also, as I'm sure you're aware, you'll get calls checking that you're self isolating.
I’m sorry but this is ridiculous. You would make an animal suffer on the off chance that the poster would meet someone in the corridor? The chance of the poster passing on the virus is small.
I didn’t get Covid from my OH even though we lived in the same house.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It's abusive to not take an animal to the toilet if it needs it. It's not about not being 'easy'. It's an essential *need*. Lets stop pretending we can magically make COVID dissapear by hiding in our houses for a while and like it isn't already everywhere around us.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You absolutely should take your dog out for toilet and exercise if you don’t have anyone else able to do it for you. This website specifically mentions:

“If you live in a flat and have no access to private outdoor space, you will need to take your dog out for quick toilet breaks. In this case, wear a mask and gloves, keep the trip out as brief as possible and keep your distance from anyone you see.”

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Perhaps this is not appropriate here. But I just want to say that I was double-vaccinated (AZ) , and am currently sick with Covid 19. And , when my symptoms appeared, I did a home antigen test, the result of which was negative, followed a couple of days later by the positive PCP test.

Thank you for reading this, and grateful to be able to indulge publicly in a little self-pity.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

A brand new variant. It's been a while.
No worries they'll just add another booster ;)

Perhaps this is not appropriate here. But I just want to say that I was double-vaccinated (AZ) , and am currently sick with Covid 19. And , when my symptoms appeared, I did a home antigen test, the result of which was negative, followed a couple of days later by the positive PCP test.

Thank you for reading this, and grateful to be able to indulge publicly in a little self-pity.
Hope you feel better soon 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Hope you’re not feeling too under the weather and you get well soon. Take care.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone suffered with terrible nausea? I’m on day 6 of having Covid and I’m still feeling almost sea sick. It’s awful!

• Sad
Has anyone suffered with terrible nausea? I’m on day 6 of having Covid and I’m still feeling almost sea sick. It’s awful!
I had dizziness and nausea when I had Covid 11 months ago. It is not a nice feeling at all, hope you get well very soon. Take care.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone caught covid twice in quick succession?
I tested positive about 4 weeks ago and now my whole family (not household) have tested positive. My mum, dad, sister and her boyfriend live two doors down from my brother, sil and niece. And we were with them all on Sunday. I’m worried I may catch it again, and having to explain having covid again to work fills me with anxiety. I mean I know they say you have some immunity but reports released today suggest they actually aren’t too sure as per the below from Sky News.

edited - I am double jabbed.

Attachments

Has anyone caught covid twice in quick succession?
I tested positive about 4 weeks ago and now my whole family (not household) have tested positive. My mum, dad, sister and her boyfriend live two doors down from my brother, sil and niece. And we were with them all on Sunday. I’m worried I may catch it again, and having to explain having covid again to work fills me with anxiety. I mean I know they say you have some immunity but reports released today suggest they actually aren’t too sure as per the below from Sky News.

edited - I am double jabbed.
I understand your worry with work, but I think some perspective is needed.
You apparently have some some immunity from the jabs, now you have 80% actual natrual immunity, so statistically you're very protected.

The new ay 4.2 variant only makes up 15% of the cases here, and studies have shown that only ⅔ of people get symptoms, so less likely than Delta. It's the symtomless variant that we've all been hoping for, so even if you caught it you might not know unless you were testing yourself all the time. Unless you have to test for work, why would you test if you feel well? So you might never know anyway and can carry on as normal

Reactions: 5
It makes me really sad to see how worried people still get despite being double or even triple jabbed, for a virus that even with no jabs, has a death rate of around 0.004% for your average person. What more will it take? Absolute one of the worst things to come from this pandemic, how much fear has been drilled into people that clearly can't be undone, however unjustified it was in the first place. The fact we have articles on 'new variants' that are symptomless, says it all. Who bleeping cares then?

Reactions: 24
I understand your worry with work, but I think some perspective is needed.
You apparently have some some immunity from the jabs, now you have 80% actual natrual immunity, so statistically you're very protected.

The new ay 4.2 variant only makes up 15% of the cases here, and studies have shown that only ⅔ of people get symptoms, so less likely than Delta. It's the symtomless variant that we've all been hoping for, so even if you caught it you might not know unless you were testing yourself all the time. Unless you have to test for work, why would you test if you feel well? So you might never know anyway and can carry on as normal
Thank you for the reassurance. I know being double jabbed makes me less susceptible to being gravely ill. It’s just the anxiety of potentially having to explain to work. We are encouraged to test weekly through work although not mandatory. When I tested positive a further 10 in my office came down with it within 3 days. Im currently working from home (another ask of support from my employer) looking after my daughter due to my childcare falling through with my parents testing positive. So that’s an added stress.
I have woken up this morning with a raging headache and feeling fatigued. I’ve only just earlier this week felt slightly more with it and less fatigued.
My dad also has COPD which another stress and with testing positive is quite concerning (although he is double jabbed)
Generally sick of the stress of it all now. Like majority of the country, I thought we were getting somewhere recently 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My siblings neighbor has 2 kids, they can’t get an appointment for a pcr test until tomorrow (have tried since Tuesday) the oldest has tested positive with LFT’s so in theory they’re isolating until he’s properly tested.

As I was being told that, by my in law who is very attention to detail when it comes to this whole thing…..
their car rolls up and out jumps daddy with the Tesco shopping and the little infected dude holding a bag from the newsagent a stones throw from a school.

the timing was comedy gold 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thank you for the reassurance. I know being double jabbed makes me less susceptible to being gravely ill. It’s just the anxiety of potentially having to explain to work. We are encouraged to test weekly through work although not mandatory. When I tested positive a further 10 in my office came down with it within 3 days. Im currently working from home (another ask of support from my employer) looking after my daughter due to my childcare falling through with my parents testing positive. So that’s an added stress.
I have woken up this morning with a raging headache and feeling fatigued. I’ve only just earlier this week felt slightly more with it and less fatigued.
My dad also has COPD which another stress and with testing positive is quite concerning (although he is double jabbed)
Generally sick of the stress of it all now. Like majority of the country, I thought we were getting somewhere recently 😞
Having to isolate and having staff going off sick is your employers problem not yours, so I wouldn't feel stressed about that. I feel guilty letting colleagues down, but it is what it is right now, and since time began workplaces have been short staffed at times and others have had to pick up the slack - that's life!
You've said you're stressed and worried, so I'd guess that's why you have a headache and feel tired. We've forgotten what normal emotions are and immediately go to covid for every little ailment now

Reactions: 9
It makes me really sad to see how worried people still get despite being double or even triple jabbed, for a virus that even with no jabs, has a death rate of around 0.004% for your average person. What more will it take? Absolute one of the worst things to come from this pandemic, how much fear has been drilled into people that clearly can't be undone, however unjustified it was in the first place. The fact we have articles on 'new variants' that are symptomless, says it all. Who bleeping cares then?
Most people aren't worried about being seriously ill, although nobody wants to come down with any sort of virus. People don't want to upheaval of having to isolate, being stuck in the house or the financial implications of having to be off work.

Reactions: 10
You should be fine. Generally it’s said you’re very unlikely to get covid again for around 90 days after having it.

Most people aren't worried about being seriously ill, although nobody wants to come down with any sort of virus. People don't want to upheaval of having to isolate, being stuck in the house or the financial implications of having to be off work.
Yeah absolutely as a parent, it’s not the illness that scares me it’s the time off work 😂

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.