Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m worried about my Mum as she hasn’t had booster yet. I’ve never had anything this bad before and I’ve had hundreds of coughs/ colds/flus etc but even then I don’t think it is Covid, but just want the responsible thing and get it checked. I don’t think it’s a little thing to lose your sense of smell and taste completely, as it’s never happened to me before, even with sinusitis: flu etc.
Yes. People need to get over this phase of every little thing wrong with them is Covid.

Reactions: 3
A compliant, docile population that goes to work, pays their taxes & doesn't ask questions, is surely preferred by all Govts?

They have plenty to gain from these policies. It's about money and greed ultimately. Giving contracts to their mates for PPE, buying shares in businesses they know will benefit from the restrictions? Testing is a multi-million business now, you can bet some of them have got their hand in that pie.

By continually changing rules, creating confusion, people feel unsettled, and anxious, and are more likely to follow their guidance, saves having to worry about it for ourselves you see? "They know best, they'll do what's right for us".

That's not even touching the enormous Big Pharma companies who are of course benefitting hugely from keeping people in a never ending booster loop - they are almost definitely pumping money into the Govt somehow.

Why all this focus on vaxx-ing primarily the First world countries? Because we have the money.
This doesn't make much sense to me.

when the care home debacle happened the government was accused of not caring for the elderly, in fact wanting to get rid of them.

And it is true: the governments of this world would cope better with less people, due to ageing population and climate change.
Less old and ill people and overall less people would benefit them.

And if they wanted to give contracts to mates they would find something else.
The government is giving the vaccines away for free and are encouraging people to take this service up - why not charge for them if they wanted to make money from it?
they could easily charge fifty quit per shot.

I also don't think the media just wants to scare everyone, as it was reported that the new variant so far only caused mild symptoms.

And if people would be more responsible (see large demonstrations, behaviour at "freedom day", the beach photos at the first hot day last year etc) there might not be that many restrictions.

I dont go to a club right now, regardless of whether they are open or not.
But I still go to nice bars, where I and my friend have enough space to sit by ourselves. We wear masks when we walk in and out and on public transport and in cabs.
It is not a big sacrifice to make

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
People on the holiday page I use are fuming. Some cancelled their holidays to this year from last and now cant go because their child has now turned 12, isnt vaccinated and now can't go.

One of them had 2 children under 12 at the time of booking. They are due to fly Tuesday but the eldest is now 12 and unvaccinated and can't fly so theyve had to cancel the holiday.

Nearly 300 comments before admin turned it off and the comments were awful absolutely awful. About how teens are super spreaders and need to all be forcibly or compulsory vaccinated, how they can live with themselves being anti vaxxers (both parents are double V) how all they have to do is get vaccinated in order to enjoy beautiful holidays abroad, how this is a stark message that if you want to leave a free life then you need to he vaccinated and plenty more nasty posts saying how it sucks to be them stuck in the UK and how they hope they enjoy the crappy weather over here etc etc.

Poor lady only asked for advice on whether it was worth moving the holiday to next year or getting full refund

Honestly, humans are generally vile.

when the care home debacle happened the government was accused of not caring for the elderly, in fact wanting to get rid of them.

And it is true: the governments of this world would cope better with less people, due to ageing population and climate change.

The government is giving the vaccines away for free and are encouraging people to take this service up - why not charge for them if they wanted to make money from it?

I also don't think the media just wants to scare everyone, as it was reported that the new variant so far only caused mild symptoms.

And if people would be more responsible (see large demonstrations, behaviour at "freedom day", the beach photos at the first hot day last year etc) there might not be that many restrictions.

But I still go to nice bars, where I and my friend have enough space to sit by ourselves. We wear masks when we walk in and out and on public transport and in cabs.
They will charge eventually. They cannot sustain 4 (that's the current ideal) boosters a year for everyone in the UK. That's why they charge for the flu as they cant afford to give it free to everyone and so those not in vulnerable or eligible groups have to pay and why the uptake for it isnt high.

And in further to your reply which was deleted, A cold or flu can kill ME because I take a combination of anti biotics as I dont have an immune system due to losing my spleen and associated treatments. So regardless of what google tells you, I was referring to me personally when you told me I was wrong

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
No we have been doing LF tests as standard for over a year, all trusts are doing it and I had a blood test before the vaccine and there were no antibodies so I have never contracted it.

I did read that some people are thought to just have a natural immunity. I deserved a break tbf!
I had it back in the beginning of 2020 and when I had the antibody test in June , there was no antibodies 😂 go figure

Reactions: 1
What age is year 7 in English schools
11-12. You add 5 to the Year Group to get the age. First year of Secondary.

Yeah no compassion. I kind of feel people are being bullied now into getting the vaccine as you’re not going to be able to go anywhere or do anything without one. I never thought I’d need a Covid pass to go to the cinema.

People on the holiday page I use are fuming. Some cancelled their holidays to this year from last and now cant go because their child has now turned 12, isnt vaccinated and now can't go.

One of them had 2 children under 12 at the time of booking. They are due to fly Tuesday but the eldest is now 12 and unvaccinated and can't fly so theyve had to cancel the holiday.

Nearly 300 comments before admin turned it off and the comments were awful absolutely awful. About how teens are super spreaders and need to all be forcibly or compulsory vaccinated, how they can live with themselves being anti vaxxers (both parents are double V) how all they have to do is get vaccinated in order to enjoy beautiful holidays abroad, how this is a stark message that if you want to leave a free life then you need to he vaccinated and plenty more nasty posts saying how it sucks to be them stuck in the UK and how they hope they enjoy the crappy weather over here etc etc.

Poor lady only asked for advice on whether it was worth moving the holiday to next year or getting full refund

Honestly, humans are generally vile.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

The Govt did give contracts to their mates/private companies who they are getting kickbacks from, over PPE. Huge conflict of interests. Hancock and Cummings are also named here.

"Brine, who is a former health minister, is one of a number of MPs and political officials who referred private companies to the government’s controversial VIP lane for PPE suppliers."

Scratch the surface with any of what we're told and you'll find a different story. Of course the media want to peddle fear! Keeps you reading it/consuming it/clicking links = increased revenue for them.

11-12. You add 5 to the Year Group to get the age. First year of Secondary.

Yeah no compassion. I kind of feel people are being bullied now into getting the vaccine as you’re not going to be able to go anywhere or do anything without one. I never thought I’d need a Covid pass to go to the cinema.
It’s year 8 is the first yr of secondary here just wondered incase they bring it in .

I’m worried about my Mum as she hasn’t had booster yet. I’ve never had anything this bad before and I’ve had hundreds of coughs/ colds/flus etc but even then I don’t think it is Covid, but just want the responsible thing and get it checked. I don’t think it’s a little thing to lose your sense of smell and taste completely, as it’s never happened to me before, even with sinusitis: flu etc.
Wasn't really aimed at you directly was more generally speaking about the little things. I was hoping we'd gotten to a place as a society where Covid wasn't stopping everything dead. Alas we're going backwards.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
No rhyme or bloody reason with this illness! Were you ill or asymptomatic out of interest? Hope you’re recovered x
I had a fever of over 39c , rigors and struggled to walk far without a tight chest
I blame my hubby , he worked around those students that came into the country with it back in January 😂😂

• Wow
The public have been urged to get tested

“If you’ve been in KFC in Essex on Friday the 19th…” 😂😂

pizza express woking has a rival for media headlines it seems
😂 that stuff would kill you quicker than a vaccine or virus, maybe not the beans, do they still sell beans?
Respect any fast food restaurant that serves a good old baked bean.

Bean update;
12grams of sugar! where the are they going with that 🤯 can we test for diabetes while we’re at it with the coviee Omnibus 200 variant boris.

Last edited:
  • Haha
The public have been urged to get tested

“If you’ve been in KFC in Essex on Friday the 19th…” 😂😂

pizza express woking has a rival for media headlines it seems
😂 that stuff would kill you quicker than a vaccine or virus, maybe not the beans, do they still sell beans?
Respect any fast food restaurant that serves a good old baked bean.

Bean update;
12grams of sugar! where the are they going with that 🤯 can we test for diabetes while we’re at it with the coviee Omnibus 200 variant boris.
They still do the beans, they also do mashed potatoes so if your up for carb loading? They don’t do fig rolls though 🤔

The Govt did give contracts to their mates/private companies who they are getting kickbacks from, over PPE. Huge conflict of interests. Hancock and Cummings are also named here.

"Brine, who is a former health minister, is one of a number of MPs and political officials who referred private companies to the government’s controversial VIP lane for PPE suppliers."

Scratch the surface with any of what we're told and you'll find a different story. Of course the media want to peddle fear! Keeps you reading it/consuming it/clicking links = increased revenue for them.
Yes, I am aware of these contracts and they got under fire for it. But it is nothing new.
They could also have given other contracts to mates, eg for construction or whathaveyou. They do not need Covid to give contracts to mates.

And the press reported that the new variant causes mild symptoms to date and falling cases and deaths, which does not exactly cause fear.

Reactions: 2
Yes, I am aware of these contracts and they got under fire for it. But it is nothing new.
They could also have given other contracts to mates, eg for construction or whathaveyou. They do not need Covid to give contracts to mates.

And the press reported that the new variant causes mild symptoms to date and falling cases and deaths, which does not exactly cause fear.
I don't agree with any kind of corruption, but its one thing to bung a mate a deal for a building contract and another to profiteer off peoples misery and then rub peoples noses in it.
Never mind the huge conflict of interest when promoting and passing safety if certain vaccines over others because one of your chief advisors makes more money

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.