Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
@Notgonnalie

I am talking about the toxicity of masks that you are assuming. Surgeons wear masks every day when working. If the components are toxic they should suffer from some disease/cancer. Is there any study on this topic?
Where exactly did I say masks surgeons wear are toxic?! 🤔

The only toxic comment I’ve made on this thread is that laundry detergents contain carcinogens - surgeons don’t wear reusable masks because they’re not effective enough.

Web30

VIP Member
Same with my parents, they can’t get appointments until December.

When I got my 4th (!) vaccine yesterday it was really busy with people
Its going to put everyone else behind. My husbands is due in Jan but id be surprised if its not later.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
I don’t mean the little disposable blue ones, I mean the ones that form a seal on your face that you get measured for - people who worked on covid wards used to come on the thread and tell us about waiting for them back in the beginning of all this they have a specific name with numbers in it. Do they just get thrown away even though they are bespoke to you?

Obvs the little blue ones don’t form a seal, I actually find they leave more gaps are they are stiffer than the fabric ones, though they probably block more going through them.
My apologies, don't know what you mean, do you have a link to them?

We are talking about washable face covers. They are pretty damn useless and could well be dangerous only time will tell on that score
What kind?

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
I am reading don't you worry yourself about that. However there was lack of specificity as I did not know whethere people. That's the nature of forum based discussion and potentially addressing several peoples posts at the same time.

I find it difficult for you to start bringing up the materials of masks (which could be made of anything from an organic 100% cotton hand made by a family member to something more like neoprene.

If it worries people, they can source whatever fabric they like? I'm sure there is a market for it and no one is being forced to use a carcinogenic fabric conditioner + carcinogenic fabric for their face mask if they choose to use one.

Literally anything is a carcinogen in enough quantities. Oxygen is. Why are you scare mongering? Like I understand it's worrying but I would like to know why face masks are suddenly a problem for this kind of thinking and not bed sheets, scarves, face towels, curtains etc. as mentioned in your article?
How can it worry people when most don't know? You belive cotton to be fine others know it isn't. not so bad (still not good though) when used in things other than masks that you are breathing through

" Conventional cotton is grown with genetically modified seeds and sprayed heavily with Roundup (in which the primary ingredient is glyphosate, linked to cancer) and other toxic pesticides—and these persist in the fabric even after manufacturing"

JLXRD

VIP Member
I think we are more likely to end up with everyone locked down than just the unvaccinated but that’s just my personal opinion.

SpanishPink

Here's an excellent link showing the figures: https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

For example, Russia's excess deaths are over 900,000 - not the 234,000 you see on those Covid tracking websites. Russia has been absolutely decimated by Covid.

I think Italy, Spain, Portugal and most Eastern European countries have all been hit harder by Covid than the UK has but you wouldn't know it, since everyone uses sites like Worldometer, which plonks the UK up at the top with no real context or transparency to how cases/deaths are quantified per country.
Thank you for the link.
It confirms the data I got about France. In comparison neighbouring countries Italy and Spain had it much harder.

Ensay

VIP Member
If you understand infection control, then they can make matters worse.
If you haven't washed/sanitised your hands each time you touch your mask then you're putting germs on it.
They might slightly decrease you breathing/coughing out germs (if you have an illness) but once you touch it then it should go in a bin and you should start again
Which can be summarised as some people are minging and dirty. But not all.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
The way out of this pandemic seems so simple really and could be done with minimal restrictions if you sit down and think about the logistics of it. A simple plan could have been implemented when numbers were as low as possible following the lockdowns earlier the year.

- LFT on entry of the country.
- If negative great enter the country
- If positive quarantine at government-paid hotel whilst processing PCR test
- Vaccinate those who want it - we have good uptake so hopefully that will stop spread in the community.
- Unvaccinated should be shielded by the first third points and vaccinated

Just be careful about the status of who is coming into the country! We had Brexit supposedly to control the borders so why is that not possible?!

Ensay

VIP Member
I just had a look at his twitter and one of his recent tweets was about a Danish study conducted May 2020-June 2020 on masks not being effective. Had a look at the study itself and this is listed under the ‘Limitations’:

Inconclusive results, missing data, variable adherence, patient-reported findings on home tests, no blinding, and no assessment of whether masks could decrease disease transmission from mask wearers to others.

He didn’t think to read that part before churning our nonsense.
Well spotted. It wouldn't be worth raising that with him though, because he doesn't seem interested in discussing things with people who disagree. He just sends them links to other articles or his past tweets.

monga

VIP Member
I think we can guess that they will be used for everyone unless they’re only allowing the elderly and vulnerable to leave the country in future through covid passes 😏
18591B5D-735A-449D-B6EE-07A76685CB1D.jpeg
50914970-56DE-4D65-9ED3-2468D09488ED.jpeg

monga

VIP Member
Noooooooooooo

The scientists have been talking about this for about a week or more they think it could be all around the world by this stage the Americas are seeing a spike again too .

wasn't it about this time last year the S.African one was discovered

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Bar medical/care is there any industry requiring face masks to be worn all shift?

Retail, bus drivers etc aren’t wearing them anymore, only by choice and from my experience now hardly any.

I have to wear one in communal areas as per company policy but it’s only for a few mins and no one cares if your nose is hanging out and no one is there anyway so it seems pointless (just to add my office is disgusting and dirty which is more of an issue 😂).
Most medical workers seem to be wearing them still from the appointments I've had and footage I've seen?

Went for a take out coffee this morning and the local cafe is 50/50. Some workers were wearing them, some not.

HoGi

VIP Member
Yeah my local GP practice has been doing face to face appointments for a while. You can even sometimes book non urgent F2F appointments on the NHS App.
I wish mine were ☹

I managed to book a telephone appointment on the NHS app for a weeks time and thought that was a victory 🙄