Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
I served a elderly gentleman at work last week he had not left his house for over a year... He had his 2 jabs and was having blood issues, his blood wasn't clotting right so if he cut himself he would just keep bleeding.... They tested him for cancer turned out it was his vaccines had thinned his blood, he was that relieved he didn't have cancer he came out shopping.... Yet was sad as he can't have his booster yet as it isn't safe for him what with his issues after his first 2 jabs, the hospital told him to wait..
That makes me so Sad, someone's health is damaged due to a vaccine, but they would rather risk another jab because the media and the government have drummed it into people that getting covid is a death sentence, sadly for some it is and that is heartbreaking, but far more survive (even though they never report the numbers of that)

For the poster who is concerned about their booster after blood clots and mini stroke..... just research (not from msm or places like here) look into it more, wait a bit, even speak to your GP if possible about your concerns but don't feel pressured into having the booster or not having it, it ultimately has to be your choice.
My elderly neighbour lost his wife a few weeks ago. He only leaves his house to take his bins out and bring them back in. Each time he wears a mask to walk down his garden path and back. 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Boris can f**k off.
My sister is due to fly back from Italy on 18th December for the first time in 2 and a half years.
My mum had a stroke earlier this week (thankfully not a huge one) and being able to speak at Christmas is her main goal right now.
No way am I following any restrictions anymore.

• Heart

cubegame

To those who are considering going back to or getting a lanyard please don't.

Wearing a lanyard is compliant. It's important not to comply. If you are challenged, ignore the challenge and if they persist calmly ask them to read the Equality Act.

• Heart
  • Haha

Sprezza

VIP Member
Did someone rewind the world back two years. Most people jabbed and still nothing changed.

Surely no one is listening to this BS anymore?

You can wear your silly little masks you can stop seeing your family again but I believe most sensible people will now just do what is best for them.

Once again..... this ends when we stop complying.
We're back where we started because it's a new variant. Mask wearing and vaccines had a significant effect in reducing the transmission of the previous strains. But sure, you keep fighting the 'good fight'. :rolleyes: I hope neither you nor your family members end up dead because of your inability to follow a few little rules.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

xyzcba

VIP Member
About 70K people died of Covid since the beginning of the year in the UK. 16K between end of June and now. A bad year for the flu it's about 30K deaths. We are not yet here to consider covid like the flu. That's the whole problem but I do think we will get there. We are all tired.
I think you mean died badged with Covid. ie. within 28 days of a positive test. A very large percentage will have had other comorbidities.

• Heart

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Thanks for clarifying. That's what I thought. It's generally listed on death certificates where the cause of death cannot be categorically determined (i.e. it could have been a contributing factor). However, with a fatal car accident a coroner would be able to rule out covid as the cause for obvious reasons.

I know it's not easy, but I don't think it's right to leave your flat if you know you're positive. You cannot guarantee you won't come into contact with someone and - as covid is very contagious - you could pass it on fairly easily.

Also, as I'm sure you're aware, you'll get calls checking that you're self isolating.
I’m sorry but this is ridiculous. You would make an animal suffer on the off chance that the poster would meet someone in the corridor? The chance of the poster passing on the virus is small.
I didn’t get Covid from my OH even though we lived in the same house.

• Heart

cubegame

I don't see the problem with just banning all travel temporarily. Nip it in the bud like we should have done back in Feb 2020. It would mean people wouldn't be able to travel overseas for Christmas but at least we could see family in this country relatively safely.
A bit selfish to those who want to travel to see their family overseas.

I'm alright Jack!

Slothgang

Chatty Member
I can see both sides and try to understand everyone's point of view. I understand that people are anxious about getting ill etc but I just don't understand when it stops? So we have masks now for the new variant and most people have 3 jabs. Then what, a lockdown for a new variant? Then another jab? And then there's another new strain from somewhere else so masks back on etc etc ....
Where will people who are backing the restrictions actually draw the line? Its been going on nearly 2 years now and I seem to remember at the time people saying oh its only for a few weeks!

• Heart

Briar Rose

Looks like certain people are gagging for another lockdown. By certain people, I mean the comfortable middle-class with their nice homes who can just have unlimited things brought to them by the rest of us.

Always knew there would be a new variant in time for Christmas.

*Just to be clear, I'm not into conspiracy theories, am not anti Covid measures or anti vax, but there has been a certain segment of the population who never wanted the first lockdown to end and have been clamoring for one ever since. I am sick to death of these people trying to dictact everything Covid by throwing tanturms on Twatter and the desperately thirsty scientists who are hellbent on remaining relevant.

Last edited:

jackolantern

VIP Member
Why are we still not comprehending that for the most part people are concerned about *long term* implications. Being 'fine' in the immediate aftermath of a vaccine means very little other than it doesn't usually cause instant death (although, that also grossly discredits the fact that it actually has killed many people shortly after). Noone cares if your only problem was 'a sore arm'. And the reality is - noone can say anything about long term implications because it hasn't been long term! So if someone doesn't want to take a vaccine with no studies on long term safety, for a virus with an incredibly low severity rate for the majority of people, oddly enough you being 'fine' the second after having it isn't going to cut it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

jackolantern

VIP Member
Really fucking raging about having to wear a mask at work again from tomorrow. I know there’s nothing I can do but tbh that just makes it worse. Insult to injury further when my nauseating bosses have posted a cringeworthy post of them in masks we sell telling everyone to wear them to keep eachother safe! Translation… give us more profit and buy our shit.

Get in the fucking bin.

• Sad
  • Haha

jackolantern

VIP Member
Well that didn’t take long. Chelmsford and Nottingham
Like clockwork. Vaccine acceptance and restriction compliance down. Scaremonger about a new variant. Next day ooh shit it’s here! We won’t lockdown though don’t worry. Everyone makes plans and spends up. Ah shit, we will have to lockdown after all but it’s not our fault! It’s the filthy unvaxxed and the anti-maskers. You ruined Christmas! Queue compliance upping again to “get our freedoms back” and remember - don’t kill granny!

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

jackolantern

VIP Member
Are you not concerned about getting infected or infecting others?
No. You can’t live your life in a sterile bubble. Viruses spread. We need to get out of this mindset that it’s avoidable, it isn’t. Shall we just go into lockdown for winter every year? It’s completely ridiculous. If you are worried, stay home.

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Really fucking raging about having to wear a mask at work again from tomorrow. I know there’s nothing I can do but tbh that just makes it worse. Insult to injury further when my nauseating bosses have posted a cringeworthy post of them in masks we sell telling everyone to wear them to keep eachother safe! Translation… give us more profit and buy our shit.

Get in the fucking bin.
This will piss you off then.

Meanwhile at Westminster today. Bojo, with half of the cabinet having a lunch do. Not a mask in sight, but kids have to wear them at school and we're mandated to wear them from tomorrow, or fined

Translation... one rule for thee and another for me

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow

Pinkii

VIP Member
Because a global pandemic doesn't work this way.
when this virus isn’t going away and it will
Keep mutating , there needs to be a new way to deal with things. They dangled freedom to people saying have vaccines and everyone having their boosters now and they still have to put up with restrictions, it’s ridiculous.

and frankly i am fed up of the government relying on us to save the nhs, we do our bit and pay taxes if they did their job properly there would be enough funds to help These situations., instead its them getting rich of this situation, and then they wonder why people question their motives for lockdowns and restrictions

SarahGard83

VIP Member
My tree has gone up today and I'm feeling very festive. Stuck to the rules last year and only saw our parents on Christmas day but they can fuck off with social restrictions this year. I'm not doing it!

• Heart

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I've already decided if I have to home school again I'm getting signed off work for my mental health. I cannot work and teach at the same time, and I don't have a support network to help.

• Heart
  • Sad