Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think so. Most countries have genomic sequencing in place to detect new variants/mutations.
Ah OK thank you,
I was curious as my youngest is currently in isolation, tested positive Sunday (7 days after me, 9 days after sibling, 11 days after their dad)
Test and Trace called today and suggested we isolate from them in case they got another variant from school and re-infected everyone. Especially as my husband was quite unwell with the virus and I'm CEV.
I think that's cruel. I could get my head round keeping a distance, wearing masks and walking into clouds of spray disinfectant when I needed a wee, when it was a case of my child being negative and not wanting to do anything to hurt them (ever, not just now!)
But to make it 20+ days of no hugs just seems inhumane, and I can't do that to someone that I created and have loved viscerally for 11 years.
Incidentally, both children fared well with it only mild headaches, cough and very short term loss of taste or smell. Still eating and sleeping well and for that.
Husband and I look like we've been dug up, but we're at home, away from hospital and for all of those things, I'm very grateful. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Does anyone know if you can find out which variant you have contracted?
I don't think you can. There was some suggestion a few months ago that people were being told they specifically had the Delta variant. I encountered a few on the school mums watsapp group who were adamant they had been told. I asked here and was told it was bollocks and indeed when I caught Covid a few weeks later, we weren't told what variant or anything.

Reactions: 2
We have confirmation of a new variant RIGHT before Christmas when duck all people want their 8th booster jab!!!

Leaked reports suggest variant B11529…...point 2 multiplied by 8 could be named the nimbus 2000

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ah OK thank you,
I was curious as my youngest is currently in isolation, tested positive Sunday (7 days after me, 9 days after sibling, 11 days after their dad)
Test and Trace called today and suggested we isolate from them in case they got another variant from school and re-infected everyone. Especially as my husband was quite unwell with the virus and I'm CEV.
I think that's cruel. I could get my head round keeping a distance, wearing masks and walking into clouds of spray disinfectant when I needed a wee, when it was a case of my child being negative and not wanting to do anything to hurt them (ever, not just now!)
But to make it 20+ days of no hugs just seems inhumane, and I can't do that to someone that I created and have loved viscerally for 11 years.
Incidentally, both children fared well with it only mild headaches, cough and very short term loss of taste or smell. Still eating and sleeping well and for that.
Husband and I look like we've been dug up, but we're at home, away from hospital and for all of those things, I'm very grateful. ❤
I don’t think isolating from them would be the best thing and definitely not something that can be easily done when you all live together. Hope you all feel better soon. Take care of yourself and family.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Or names

Ooo I've manged to catch a nasty bit of Dave😂
This dose of Rita has floored me 😂
A dose of the Ritas sounds good 😂 maybe they could name them after corrie characters ,,,eh up chuck !!

Jeez that’s all we need our health service is done as it is I hope there’s been no escapees

Last edited:
If they even think of bringing in restrictions over Xmas because of this new variant they can get to duck. I would rather end up six foot under than endure another shitmas. I’ll be putting my fingers in my ears “la la la I can’t hear you” and cracking on. Otherwise what? Every Christmas a new variant and lockdown. No.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
If they even think of bringing in restrictions over Xmas because of this new variant they can get to duck. I would rather end up six foot under than endure another shitmas. I’ll be putting my fingers in my ears “la la la I can’t hear you” and cracking on. Otherwise what? Every Christmas a new variant and lockdown. No.
I believe we should all be fully for non-compliance now. Anyone who still believes this tit show is a damn fool

Reactions: 11
What about letting anyone do what they feel like to do? I will probably do Christmas with my family and my husband and will be only 5. Then we will both get tested and join the family of my husband and we will be 7 (hopefully as they live in another country). And that's it. I will celebrate Christmas but I don't need to see 30 people and gather with different people every day to be happy. Especially it doesn't make sense to me do to act this way if ICU are full - which those are fulling up right now where I live. Everybody do as they feel like to do. And I would completely get those who would prefer to not mix at all if that's what they feel like.

Reactions: 2
Ah OK thank you,
You know what are sensible precautions, and personally I don't think what they've suggested is reasonable. You need to do your own risk benefit analysis IMO

Reactions: 3
My grandaughter goes to a small village school with about 100 pupils and 17 Covid cases over 2 classes . Last Friday they Told the parents to do a lft and pcr test as they were concerned. Monday was an inset day and they sent a nesssge to say school was now closed till the following Tuesday. Grandaughter was negative and although both sets grandparents had to step up better to squash it now. However the 2 or 3 families with 4 children have done nothing but moan about having their children at home especially as all of them will have at least 1 child in the infected classes

It’s so confusing. One breath the govt are saying it’s serious and in the other there is chit chat about operation ramp down. Nothing is clear. As per…

Reactions: 4
It’s so confusing. One breath the govt are saying it’s serious and in the other there is chit chat about operation ramp down. Nothing is clear. As per…
I think it's purposely done so everyone is in a permanent state of confusion

Reactions: 8
I think it's purposely done so everyone is in a permanent state of confusion
It's all a huge psychological operation.. remember when that was a conspiracy?

I'm not saying covid doesn't exist, but the gaslighting and living in a constant state of confusion and fear has got world leaders exactly what they want.

They're selling DNA from tests, gathering personal information from NHS apps, they've got the British public agreeing that it's ok to take a medicine they may not need due to age/health for freedom and to keep a job. When would any first world, free country public ever agree to that before? NEVER!

They convinced people to gang up on others who chose to still see their elderly relatives as murderers and to grass each other up for human decency - all while giving mixed messages about being allowed to meet others.

Then there's the variants - each one just happens to pop along when freedom is on the cards or at Xmas. Each one is worse than before, when it really isn't. Talk about the boy who cried wolf! One day something will come along and everyone will ignore it!

The government and media cancelled anyone trying to speak up about it, and just ramped up the fear with paid TV Dr's and celebrities and headlines.

There's no money for a struggling NHS or the £20 UC top up, or help with CFS suffers, but money for covid crap and long covid.

🤯🤯🤯

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.