Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A walk in test site by me is making children wear masks! The parents refused for the under 4's and were told not to come back again and to home test in future
The walk in/drive in test sites are run by out of work bouncers. I felt so intimidated when I had to go one day before a shift as I had a coughing fit. They watched my every move, took the piss out of my parking, watched me perform my test (embarrassing) and generally made me feel uncomfortable. I’m a nurse (in my uniform I might add) and to be barked orders of how to perform a bleeping PCR test by someone who thinks they’re now anointed by god, just because they’re wearing a high viz jacket and a lanyard, REALLY fecked me off.

I took my 4 year old niece to a buffet last week and they wouldn’t let me take her near the area where the food was as she didn’t have a mask I was given a list and she was to pick so we just left
Oh how utterly ridiculous

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I don’t know how I’ve avoided this. I’ve been working the acute Covid ward before having any vaccines and was involved in the first testing of nhs staff at the start of 2020. I’ve had people with Covid coughing in my face and delivered care to pts on Cpap machines, the riskiest scenario for transmission and STILL I haven’t had Covid. I’ve even slept next to a husband with Covid….nope, nothing. Husband reckons Covid is too scared to dare enter 🤣 scary thing is, if I caught it, I’d be fucked. I’ve had open heart surgery and have a leaky valve but I won’t tell the bastard if you don’t 🤫

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I don’t know how I’ve avoided this. I’ve been working the acute Covid ward before having any vaccines and was involved in the first testing of nhs staff at the start of 2020. I’ve had people with Covid coughing in my face and delivered care to pts on Cpap machines, the riskiest scenario for transmission and STILL I haven’t had Covid. I’ve even slept next to a husband with Covid….nope, nothing. Husband reckons Covid is too scared to dare enter 🤣 scary thing is, if I caught it, I’d be fucked. I’ve had open heart surgery and have a leaky valve but I won’t tell the bastard if you don’t 🤫
Maybe you were asymptomatic.

Reactions: 1
Maybe you were asymptomatic.
No we have been doing LF tests as standard for over a year, all trusts are doing it and I had a blood test before the vaccine and there were no antibodies so I have never contracted it.

I did read that some people are thought to just have a natural immunity. I deserved a break tbf!

Reactions: 14
No we have been doing LF tests as standard for over a year, all trusts are doing it and I had a blood test before the vaccine and there were no antibodies so I have never contracted it.

I did read that some people are thought to just have a natural immunity. I deserved a break tbf!
Maybe you're one of the lucky ones .

Meeting tomorrow

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
I mean, everyone will come in contact but I doubt everyone will get it!

I was on my phone earlier so more thoughts. We are in a vicious feedback loop between media - which of course only cares about bad news forever - and government - which uses media to push fear and is also pushed to fear by media. Both benefit from this state of affairs and so it will continue until something else comes along to snap them out of it. People, also, want this. They are made terrified for what amounts to a cold or flu to the vast majority (IFR less than flu, especially thanks to vaccination), and push for restrictions forever thinking an endemic virus which shall never go away can just be disappeared. Won't happen, but that doesn't matter. Doesn't help many in my generation - I'm in my thirties - like the idea of a nanny state, believe our rights can be disposed of at will if government says so, and have an inordinate amount of trust in government and bureaucracies especially when they say it's for the common good and virtue signal to be a good person, look, it's The Science (not really), but the government says so. Then you add in social media, and government using social media crazies as public opinion...

So a loop that will never end, and frankly I doubt governments wish for it to. The initial panic believing the CCP propaganda was madness. A sudden switch flipped, after saying it's gonna be like every other coronavirus on the planet and sometimes bad, most of the time not, not a problem, nothing to worry about. WHO covered for the CCP for months and months. The CCP pushed Italy into lockdown. Now lockdown is the only policy to pursue, because now we have admitted our freedoms are owned by our governments and can be doled out or removed at will, and people are okay with this. Western civilization is a hot mess. The CCP imo is real pleased with themselves. They won the war against the West without firing a shot. Our pandemic plans previously were live with it and move on, don't restrict travel, never keep kids out of school except for maybe a short period of time, masks do nothing and do not work, all common sense stuff: wash hands, if you are at risk take care of yourself!

None of this has to do with public health or science. Never did - never will.

ETA - I'm a pessimist but I also worked for Congress, so I know how these people think. They want to stay in power, so if they think these measures are popular or are terrified by our health bureaucrats, it'll 100% continue.

(PS What the scientist said is indeed true. It can hit older people harder. As does the cold, as does flu! Which is why vaccinating THOSE populations is important. The rest of us? Harmless. Mutating into your everyday coronavirus which is great news. You would imagine though it is the apocalypse, because reporting on it as such is beneficial. $$$, clicks, and control.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Sorry @Elliebee what is IFR?
Infection fatality rate. Assumed/estimated cases divided by deaths.

Delta was actually less lethal than alpha, beta, so on but ya wouldn't know it here in the US with the panic that it's instant death, but most Americans think you have a 50/50 chance of dying.

A friend of mine is an epidemiologist and I've learned a lot from her over the last two years!

Anyway, it's a good thing it is slowly getting more infectious, less lethal cause it's what all viruses end up doing, like the flus we live with now. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can a really bad cold completely cause you to lose your taste and smell? Am awaiting results of a PCR but I honestly can’t see where and how I would have got it.

Can a really bad cold completely cause you to lose your taste and smell? Am awaiting results of a PCR but I honestly can’t see where and how I would have got it.
Yes I still haven't got mine fully back yet.

I think other viruses can cause it too, I had it when I had flu AND when I had Covid. I hope you feel better soon!!

I suffer with sinusitis and often lose it. It’s possible it is a heavy cold, they’re really doing the rounds at the moment. My son has a right candle at the moment 🤮

Reactions: 4
I’ve never completely lost both before and it’s so strange. All I’ve got to tell me what I’m eating is the texture. I’ve had it reduced before but this is something else. Double vaccinated but not had booster yet as I’m under 40, so guess will have to wait and see. I know I’ll be fine but I’m dreading testing positive. My parents seemed to have symptoms first (a couple of days before me) and they seemed to be much less affected. My Dad has had booster, my Mum not yet (both had flu jab), so will have to wait and see I guess.

Reactions: 1
Can I just clarify do we now have to isolate if in contact with a positive case? What happens if a child at school tests positive will my child have to isolate?

Yes. People need to get over this phase of every little thing wrong with them is Covid.

Reactions: 4
Can I just clarify do we now have to isolate if in contact with a positive case? What happens if a child at school tests positive will my child have to isolate?
Just wait and see what track and trace say, from what I read it’s only when the covid case is the newest strain that vaccinated need to isolate for but god knows to be honest they rules change that frequently

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.