Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As I mentioned earlier in the thread the news coverage of the chaos in Europe was to soften us up. Now this new variant pops up. So it was go as follows:

'Health officials warn restrictions may be needed'

'Health officials warn that if the Government doesn't act then we're in for the worst winter on record'

Time goes on a little bit...

'Urgent Cobra meeting held by ministers'

BoJo addresses the nation
Two cases of Omicron in the UK just announced.
The fat clown will address the nation later!
Sorry, just read back. Too late 😪

Reactions: 4
He can plant all the seeds he wants. I am seeing my family
Me too. Saw them last year aswell. duck him and his made up rules. Time waits for no man we could all die tomorrow and I’d rather die knowing I made memories with my loved ones but that being said well all probably be alive anyway because covid is extremely unlikely to kill most people.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m not suggesting people would comply I’m just thinking he ruined Christmas last year at the last second so maybe he’ll be planting the seeds for it today. Soooo done with covid. Hate the world 😬
I usually love the run up to Christmas, but this year I feel flat. Mainly because Christmas was stolen from us last year on 19th December.

I plan on having Christmas this year regardless of any lockdown. But it is a bit difficult when my family live nearly an hour away and it would be obvious with another car on the drive.

Reactions: 10
The scientists are worried but they think there should still be a level of protection against it

Reactions: 1
If they announce any kind of restrictions tonight I imagine it would only be moving to plan B but even that I’m doubtful of.

I would think they are just going to discuss the new variant being here, urge people in the areas concerned/those who have travelled from SA to come forward for testing. Maybe they’ll outline some possible scenarios of what could happen.

The press conferences over the last few months have actually helped in calming the hysteria that the media have stirred up so hopefully this will be the same. Quite frankly until things are formally addressed the media seem to just write whatever they want/will cause the most hysteria.

Reactions: 4
Well that didn’t take long. Chelmsford and Nottingham
FFS.

Actually speechless. This is just never, ever going to end.

The scientists are worried but they think there should still be a level of protection against it
Masks and social distancing, totally.

Shutting anything down and restricting who we can have in our homes, no bleeping way. The thought of going through that again is unbearable.

Reactions: 10
FFS.

Actually speechless. This is just never, ever going to end.

Masks and social distancing, totally.

Shutting anything down and restricting who we can have in our homes, no bleeping way. The thought of going through that again is unbearable.
The WHO has said shutting borders is pointless it's not a workable solution the best thing people can do is the hands ,face ,space and keep to that .

Reactions: 2
My tree has gone up today and I'm feeling very festive. Stuck to the rules last year and only saw our parents on Christmas day but they can duck off with social restrictions this year. I'm not doing it!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I really hope thiers no lockdown announcement, i went over board this year and have something booked every weekend leading to christmas and i wont have that peppa pig plank taking it away from me!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My tree has gone up today and I'm feeling very festive. Stuck to the rules last year and only saw our parents on Christmas day but they can duck off with social restrictions this year. I'm not doing it!
Are you not concerned about getting infected or infecting others?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Not anymore. I'm vaccinated. My whole family are vaccinated. If we're going to get covid then we're going to get it. My whole family shielded with me last year as I'm CEV. We did 146 days. Not doing that again ever again! Life is for living. I think we're at a point now where people should be able to make their own decisions. If you don't feel comfortable around family and friends then that's fine but it shouldn't be pushed on those that are no longer scared

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Of course nobody wants that but what we've all been through over the last two years and the way the gov handled the Christmas fisasco last year, people are going to be exhausted and angry about all this.

Reactions: 12
Not anymore. I'm vaccinated. My whole family are vaccinated. If we're going to get covid then we're going to get it. My whole family shielded with me last year as I'm CEV. We did 146 days. Not doing that again ever again! Life is for living. I think we're at a point now where people should be able to make their own decisions. If you don't feel comfortable around family and friends then that's fine but it shouldn't be pushed on those that are no longer scared
I am less scared for myself, as I am pretty fit, but what if I were to transmit the virus to someone else who then becomes really ill?

This is my biggest worry, I also feel guilty for the nurses and doctors that died after catching it at work although I was never infected.

Reactions: 1
I am less scared for myself, as I am pretty fit, but what if I were to transmit the virus to someone else who then becomes really ill?

This is my biggest worry, I also feel guilty for the nurses and doctors that died after catching it at work although I was never infected.
Do you worry about transmitting colds/flu/stomach bugs?

Life is for living. Illnesses happen. People can die from a common cold. You are unlikely to ever know for certain whether you passed an illness on to someone or whether they caught it else where.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

But you could catch the flu and transmit it to someone who then dies from it. It's not just covid that people die from yet we dont shield away from those viruses. Are people just supposed to live their lives in constant lockdowns and isolation because personally I'd rather not live at all if that's the case

Reactions: 15
Do you worry about transmitting colds/flu/stomach bugs?

Life is for living. Illnesses happen. People can die from a common cold. You are unlikely to ever know for certain whether you passed an illness on to someone or whether they caught it else where.
Well, I actually do worry about transmitting other viruses and bugs, too.
If I am ill I stay at home, I thought everyone would do that?

But Covid isn't "just the flu", it is a lot more dangerous. Not just because it can kill but also because of long Covid.
The flu doesn't have the same effect.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.