Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
God this thread is just one big long percentage at the moment. It hurts my brain 😜😬 Just piss off with your %%%%%% eh 🤣🤷‍♀️

I suppose it’s about 70% likely that I will be told to stop moderating, which feels about 40% fair, but even so- I fucking hate percentages. It is however approximately 95% likely that I will calm down if I go and enjoy a red beverage of the grape variety of around 12% proof so I’m going to go and complete that now.

It’s 99% accurate that I will come back and check how many likes my comment has before bed, as opposed to turning off my gadget an hour before bedtime like 100% of studies advise. I am clearly overtired.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
Posted in the other thread, but just posting here incase anyone didn't see it.

Just incase anyones confused!! 🥴😆

ME: UK gov, should I get vaccinated if I already had Covid?

UK gov: “Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had C0VID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from C0VID-19.”

ME: Oh, okay, we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts. Got it. So, how long does vaccine-induced immunity last?

Uk gov: “There is still a lot we are learning about C0VID-l9 vaccines and we are constantly reviewing evidence and updating guidance. We don’t know how long protection lasts for those who are vaccinated.”

Me: Okay … but wait a second. I thought you said the reason I need the vaccine was because we don’t know how long my natural immunity lasts, but it seems like you’re saying we ALSO don’t know how long vaccine immunity lasts either. So, how exactly is the vaccine immunity better than my natural immunity?

UK gov: …

Me: Uh … alright. But, haven’t there been a bunch of studies suggesting that natural immunity could last for years or decades?

UK gov: Yes. Years, maybe even decades, according to a new study.

ME: Ah. So natural immunity might last longer than vaccine immunity?

Uk gov: Possibly. You never know.

ME: Okay. If I get the vaccine, does that mean I won’t get sick?

Uk gov: Nope. We are just now entering a seasonal spike and about half of our infections and hospital admissions are vaccinated people.

ME: is this true? Are there a lot of people in the U.K. catching Covid after getting the jab?

David Javid: Over 60%

ME: Oh, okay. Hmm. Well, if I can still get sick after I get the vaccine, how is it helping me?

Uk gov: We never said you wouldn’t get sick. We said it would reduce your chances of serious illness or death.

ME: Oh, sorry. Alright, exactly how much does it reduce my chance of serious illness or death.

Uk gov: We don’t know “exactly, we think we've saved over 50,000 lives, but we haven't got any evidence of this.

ME: Oh. Then what’s your best estimate for how much risk reduction there is?

Uk gov: We don’t know, okay? Next question.

ME: Um, if I’m healthy and don’t want the vaccine, is there any reason I should get it?

Uk gov: Yes, for the collective and to be allowed to dance at a night club (for now)

ME: How does the collective benefit from me getting vaccinated?

Uk gov: Because you could spread the virus to someone else who might get sick and die.

ME: Can a vaccinated person spread the virus to someone else?

Uk gov: Yes.

ME: So if I get vaccinated, I could still spread the virus to someone else?

ME: But I thought you just said, the REASON I should get vaccinated was to prevent me spreading the virus? How does that make sense if I can still catch Covid and spread it after getting the vaccine?

Uk gov: Never mind that. The other thing is, if you stay unvaccinated, there’s a chance the virus could possibly mutate into a strain that escapes the vaccine’s protection, putting all vaccinated people at risk.

ME: So the vaccine stops the virus from mutating?

Uk gov: No.

ME: So it can still mutate in vaccinated people?

ME: Sorry but this seems confusing. If the vaccine doesn’t stop mutations, and it doesn’t stop infections, then how does me getting vaccinated help prevent a more deadly strain from evolving to escape the vaccine?

Uk gov: You aren’t listening, okay? The bottom line is: as long as you are unvaccinated, you pose a threat to vaccinated people.

ME: But what KIND of threat??

Uk gov: The threat that they could get a serious case of Covid and possibly die.

ME: My brain hurts. Didn’t you JUST say that the vaccine doesn’t keep people from catching Covid, but prevents a serious case or dying? Now it seems like you’re saying vaccinated people can still easily die from Covid even after they got the vaccine just by running into an unvaccinated person! Which is it??

Uk gov: Your just obviously an anti-vaxxer!

ME: Wait! I just want to make sure I understand all this. So, even if I ALREADY had Covid, I should STILL get vaccinated, because we don’t know how long natural immunity lasts, and we also don’t know how long vaccine immunity lasts. And I should get the vaccine to keep a vaccinated person from catching Covid from me, but even if I get the vaccine, I can give it to the vaccinated person anyways. And, the other vaccinated person can still easily catch a serious case of Covid from me and die. Do I have all that right?"

Logical thinking is now a fringe activity.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

propane_lover

A simple question and blocked. 😆

No wonder they get along with Lydiot so well. Birds of a feather...

Yep, if someone can share a link to that Arabella London vlog unboxing that Lydiot posted, I'm definitely ready to report them.

View attachment 698073

I am not anti-vaxx, but I am pro common sense.

For some, the vaxx definitely makes sense, others not so much (i.e., if you've had it and therefore have covid antibodies, pre-existing, a certain # of comorbidities, auto-immune disorders, prepped immune system, age, etc.). This is all based on global data coming out of Israel, UK, and the US.

And that's interesting you mentioned your period and the vaccine. There's a growing body of data that suggests it does impact women differently than men, especially in that area.

In a similar vein, it's so interesting how people forget that Thalidomide was a widely used drug in the late 1950s and early 1960s for the treatment of nausea in pregnant women. It then became apparent in the 1960s that thalidomide treatment resulted in severe birth defects in thousands of children. We'll see a lot more of this data in the months and years to come re: experimental messenger RNA vaccines.

It's called collateral damage and all of the vaccine makers and health administrators know this. Hence why you can’t sue Pfizer or Moderna if you have severe Covid vaccine side effects. The government likely won’t compensate you for damages either. Par for the course, amid a pandemic, economic concerns, and a very steep learning curve.

Thanks for sharing this @Gemma_NYC
I haven't had the Covid vaxx yet as I just feel so uncomfortable with the idea that no woman has yet had the vaxx, been through IVF and then had a live birth. I have been trying to fall pregnant coming on 5 years and have done 3 rounds of ICSI and I am frightened that the vaccine could have very detrimental effects on embryos and falling pregnant.
I have been feeling very conflicted of late though with the worsening Delta variant in Australia.
I am an RN and my husband is a doctor and we both are holding off.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
this all feels like a bad comedy sketch.
you need to take this new vaccine, or you might lose all your basic rights like travel, freedom of movement, freedom to Nando’s.

but that vaccine won’t stop you getting sick, or passing on a virus, but still, you need it,
oh also you probably need 3. But let’s move on.......

the elderly are the cohort we need to protect, kids are fine, they don’t get sick, they don’t pass on the virus, they’re protected by the magical school force field when we decide that’s the case.... but we might change out minds on that a pull them out of school for 3/8 months, who knows.
when we send them back we’ll keep saying they’re safe,

as time goes on we‘ll introduce these new variants, a variant means we can change the goal posts on both the rules and vaccine,
when we launch a new variant we can push opening back,
we can decide that the gap we needed at the beginning between jab one and two (when we didn’t have the stock levels available) can change,
we can, within a few months decide that 12 year olds need the vaccine just as much as the 92 year olds.

while all this is happening numerous members of government can do what they like, go where they like, shag who they like, travel where they like,

Case numbers, fuck knows where we get them from,
deaths, put covid down anyway, scare a few more people into getting that vaccine, should we throw in pizza..... Uber, oh that’s a good one.

I wanna watch this show 😕

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Unspiralled

It's astounding that some people STILL can't see that the vaccines are working. They are not perfect, but they have greatly weakened the link between cases and hospitalisations/deaths. I think some of these people are being deliberately obtuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Tublet83

VIP Member
If you haven’t downloaded the app and don’t check in and haven’t got the tracking on I don’t really see how you can judge anyone for not isolating.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Just dropping in here to say that Mr Happy took part in trials for people who could have had Covid without any symptoms. He sent off his blood sample and had an email today which confirmed that he HAD C19 in the last six months. 😱

No symptoms, no idea, living with me, getting on with life, perhaps I had it too. 😳😱

• Wow
Reactions: 19
At the height of the pandemic we had thousands dying every day. At the height of the pandemic we had thousands being admitted into hospital every day. This is NOT the case now, if people cannot see that this is as a result of vaccines, there is no reasoning with them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
I don't think any of the non vaccinated can be persuaded now. They're in too deep and can't see. "Vaccinated can still get covid!" yes but actually three times less likely to test positive.

The fact people are willing to die before getting this vaccine shows the extent.

Countries can do what they want to keep their residents safe. Good for them.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

Tublet83

VIP Member
OK, your opinion, I'm not going to argue, but can you please explain why so many doubles jabbed are in hospitals?
But they aren’t dead are they? You can’t deny the massive difference in people dying between now and January before the vaccine roll out.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

monga

VIP Member
Any idea how much shares in Andrex are and how to go about buying some :LOL:

Interesting she's dropped people from her social circle for not having the jab. I couldn't care if friends or family have had it or not it's their body. Anyone on here got shut of someone from their life for not getting jabbed?
Jeez she’ll have no F.R.I.E.N.D.S left 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Is Covid real? Yes. Is the pandemic real? Yes. Do vaccines work? Yes. Have lives been saved? Yes. Do people who believe in all the above believe every word that the government says. No. The government are far from perfect.

Reactions: 16

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Another anti vaxxer passed away because it was too late to get jabbed once he had it.
Firstly, that doesn't make him an anti vaxxer, he was using his right to choose what he wanted to do, unfortunately it didn't pay off for him, but that was his choice.

Secondly, I've given palliative care many times, and I'm sorry, but I don't believe for one minute that his last words were "I wish I had".
Thats sensationalism at it's best, and it completely out of order for that to be quoted. Not one person here could ever say that them, or their loved ones would be thinking to utter those words before being put into an induced coma

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Personally I think it's just flipped. Before it was nasty and dismissive towards people who were sceptical of the vaccine and now it's gone the other way toward people who are sceptical of restrictions ending. I think it's just a narrative shift other than anything else.
Thats exactly it! I gave up reading here because as soon as you pointed out any discrepancy you were shot down as a conspiracy theorist, so I went to the CT thread.
We all know how that turned out 🤷🏼‍♀️

That said, I still respect anyone for being cautious, or wanting to wear masks, or people wanting eleventy million vaccines. You do you, and I'll do me.
I'd would like to think that even the people who are still scared would respect that, the same as I respect their views

Reactions: 14

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
The 42 year old who died in the news, it was mentioned several times that he had no underlying conditions. Ive just seen the same article and it does note that his sister had said he had Asthma. Still shocking and tragic but maybe slightly misleading saying he had no underlying health conditions. No matter how well managed someone’s Asthma is, it does put their lungs at greater risk.

Wind Fish

Anyone else think this story about "fit healthy man" dying of covid is disingenuous?

Terrible for his family and my heart goes out to them. But lots of "fit" bodybuilders have died of covid and often their inside aren't in that good of a shape with all the substances they've taken. (Like Sean Pratt). You can see in the hospital photo he's had cosmetic surgery around his nipples - often bodybuilders have this due to steroid abuse. I think it's a stupid scare storie cause just because someone is muscular does not mean they are the pinical of health!