Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
well that’s interesting because the governments website updated today at 4pm states 88% have had one dose, 74% two doses (fully vaccinated).

View attachment 702332
Yes... as I said, around 90% have had at least one vaccine dose. Glad we can agree on that at least.

This is where I got my info from:

Reactions: 4
God this thread is just one big long percentage at the moment. It hurts my brain 😜😬 Just piss off with your %%%%%% eh 🤣🤷‍♀️

I suppose it’s about 70% likely that I will be told to stop moderating, which feels about 40% fair, but even so- I bleeping hate percentages. It is however approximately 95% likely that I will calm down if I go and enjoy a red beverage of the grape variety of around 12% proof so I’m going to go and complete that now.

It’s 99% accurate that I will come back and check how many likes my comment has before bed, as opposed to turning off my gadget an hour before bedtime like 100% of studies advise. I am clearly overtired.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Reactions: 1
12% of people are unvaccinated, not 10%. Fact checking is important to stop spreading misinformation 😉
Around 90% have had at least one dose, is what I said!

Maybe your snide remark would carry some weight if it actually proved me wrong, but it does not. There is a disproportionate percentage of unvaccinated people in hospital compared to the percentage of unvaccinated adults.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Maybe your snide remark would carry some weight if it actually proved me wrong, but it does not. There is a disproportionate percentage of unvaccinated people in hospital compared to the percentage of unvaccinated adults.
This isn’t about one upping, Im not intending to be “snide” if that’s how you picked me up. It’s all tongue in cheek.

The figures are conclusive; being vaccinated lowers the risk of serious illness / hospitalisation considerably. Amazing how some people are unable to accept that! 🤣 Believe what you want, but don't be dumb about the consequences.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The figures are conclusive; being vaccinated lowers the risk of serious illness / hospitalisation considerably. Amazing how some people are unable to accept that! 🤣 Believe what you want, but don't be dumb about the consequences.
I’ve said vaccines have played a role, just as hand washing, social distancing, sensible behaviour in a pandemic, natural immunity from exposure to infection have also played a role. It’s not only vaccines making the difference, they make a difference but they aren’t doing all of the work it’s a joint effort. All the cogs need to be turning for the machine to turn.

I’ve said vaccines have played a role, just as hand washing, social distancing, sensible behaviour in a pandemic, natural immunity from exposure to infection have also played a role. It’s not only vaccines making the difference, they make a difference but they aren’t doing all of the work it’s a joint effort. All the cogs need to be turning for the machine to turn.
All of these factors work to reduce the total number of cases/hospitalisations in both vaccinated and unvaccinated groups. No one is claiming it's only vaccines that play a part, but it is clear from the data that they are playing a huge part.

What happened to the poster who claimed India was back to normal, seemed to go to every major sports event this summer and didn’t need to show their negative covid result and who’s kids went to a school that didn’t have any form of covid restrictions unlike the rest of the country.

Would love to know where they live so I can move there and be back to normality 😂
I've been wondering the same!

Reactions: 3
What happened to the poster who claimed India was back to normal, seemed to go to every major sports event this summer and didn’t need to show their negative covid result and who’s kids went to a school that didn’t have any form of covid restrictions unlike the rest of the country.

Would love to know where they live so I can move there and be back to normality 😂
I think I know who you’re talking about, the poster who’s husband was still living in India?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I thought we weren't allowed to speculate where members are :)

Jeez they’re even trying to entice people to watch Newcastle by offering them a vaccine 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Jeez they’re even trying to entice people to watch Newcastle by offering them a vaccine 😜
It’s been outside bars and nightclubs as well 😂

They sending extra vaccines and vaccinators to south Tyneside as well because the vaccination rates are lower there. I don’t genuinely see how the availability is stopping people getting the vaccine anymore….

It’s been outside bars and nightclubs as well 😂

They sending extra vaccines and vaccinators to south Tyneside as well because the vaccination rates are lower there. I don’t genuinely see how the availability is stopping people getting the vaccine anymore….
Maybe they can't understand what' I don't want one ' means in Geordie 😂

How do they test for flu 🤧
3906462B-F787-42A7-9330-97150F447454.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.