Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I haven’t read the whole thread and I’m relatively new here but I would say, if you are pinged or contacted by Test and Trace please do isolate and for the entirety.

I‘ve ran too many codes and called TOD on too many people that I couldn’t stand 1 more death that can be avoided, happening.
These people only seem to care about the legally enforced isolation, it’s no wonder this disease is spreading so rapidly. The advice is in place for a reason, not to make peoples lives miserable but to SAVE LIVES. No one wants to isolate but if you’re contacted it’s the right thing to do.

I can’t link it my phone does come up with the link but if you google Daily Mail Mayo clinic delta variant it will come up.

Ok I didn’t read the article in full and went off the title 😳 it’s not as bad as I made out and the vaccines are preventing hospitalisations. Does anyone know if it’s true that they have pulled J and J ?
I don’t think so as it seems to still be in use, as well as in this research trial:

In the trial, called Sisonke, the researchers evaluated one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in nearly 500,000 health care workers, who are at high risk of Covid-19. The vaccine has an efficacy of up to 95 percent against death from the Delta variant, and up to 71 percent against hospitalization, the researchers reported. (The vaccine did slightly worse against the Beta variant, which is thought to be more adept at sidestepping the immune response than Delta.)

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
I went 3 times, I do not see how anyone could've got in there without a valid NHS Covid Pass, whether someone lied about taking an LFT and put in a fake result would be a different matter but that would be fraudulent so would be on the person that did that not the event.
They maybe could have said they’re exempt from testing and vaccination. You don’t need evidence to support that.

Lisdiz

VIP Member
The nhs app with your Covid status on your phone is linked to your nhs number and GP. It’s pretty hard to fake that. They were only accepting the nhs app. The event required photo ID for the ticket purchase.

It’s in my GP notes (we had it at Christmas) on the nhs app. I can pull it up to show that and it also shows in the app as testing positive as well on the 27/12/20
Thank you 🙏🏻

Unspiralled

Exactly, Now when the people in this conversation post yet another MSM fact, I can now point them to these posts. :D
Some journalism is very good and does a good job of explaining concepts that can be tricky to understand. Other journalism is sensationalist trash.

I am day 7 of having covid - today I lost my smell and about 50% of taste. Everything I read says this usually happens on day 3/4. I’m worried at this unusual late onset of loss, because I really don’t want to come out of isolation to my 3 year old and pass it on. My case is mild but now I’m worried I’m not as far into it as I thought. Anyone similar and a late loss of smell and taste?
Yes I had covid around 15th July and wasn't fully better until the start of August in terms of energy and wanting to do stuff. I also lost smell and taste. Most of it had come back now but some foods I have to really try to taste it, if that makes sense. Also, I had a garlic chicken curry last night with garlic rice and loads of onion - I could taste it while eating it but afterwards, I'm usually left with a strong garlic and onion taste in my mouth until I brush my teeth but I couldn't taste anything. It's like the taste in my mouth has gone apart from when Im eating - hope that makes sense!

I really hope it comes back properly as I'm a big foodie x

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Okay still, it’s about transmission. Not hospitalisation. The studies I have posted show that the vaccines are still effective in preventing hospitalisation from delta…
Nope they aren’t, people are still in hospital with delta double vaccinated.
A7EEA2FE-F88E-4575-813C-15770F827F99.jpeg