Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New to this thread, have recently tested positive for covid had to cut our family holiday short,loss of taste and smell bad flu symptoms )I’ve had vaccine) can anyone that’s had covid tell me when they started to feel better? I’m so tired I have asthma and everything I do is making me feel out of breath ☹ Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I’m a 31 year old mum of two and me and my partner both have it so pretty tough atm with kids in the house.
Sorry to hear you’ve tested positive, as well as your partner. Must be very hard as you have childern. I had Covid in December 2020 and only now I am starting to see improvements (personal experience and of course it affects everyone differently). I lost my smell and taste too and it is still not the same, I’ve had an on-going cough which is only starting to lessen, chest pain and getting out of breath was quite bad the first 6 months. Slowly seeing improvements.

The only advice I can give you is to take it easy and do not push yourself. Eat nourishing foods, keep hydrated and get plenty of rest and sleep. Probably easier said than done when you have children. If you find that you are struggling and getting worse then speak to your GP, as you are also asthmatic. Wishing you both well and a speedy recovery. Take care of yourselves.

Reactions: 3
Sorry to hear you’ve tested positive, as well as your partner. Must be very hard as you have childern. I had Covid in December 2020 and only now I am starting to see improvements (personal experience and of course it affects everyone differently). I lost my smell and taste too and it is still not the same, I’ve had an on-going cough which is only starting to lessen, chest pain and getting out of breath was quite bad the first 6 months. Slowly seeing improvements.

The only advice I can give you is to take it easy and do not push yourself. Eat nourishing foods, keep hydrated and get plenty of rest and sleep. Probably easier said than done when you have children. If you find that you are struggling and getting worse then speak to your GP, as you are also asthmatic. Wishing you both well and a speedy recovery. Take care of yourselves.
Thankyou so much for replying, may I ask how old you are? I can’t believe you’ve suffered for so long, this really scares me 😣

Thankyou so much for replying, may I ask how old you are? I can’t believe you’ve suffered for so long, this really scares me 😣
Similar age to you, no underlying health conditions and very active (well I was up until 8 months ago). It unfortunately can leave lasting effects on people, I didn’t think I would be in this position due to my age and fitness but it happens. Take it easy and talk to your GP if you feel any worse.

New to this thread, have recently tested positive for covid had to cut our family holiday short,loss of taste and smell bad flu symptoms )I’ve had vaccine) can anyone that’s had covid tell me when they started to feel better? I’m so tired I have asthma and everything I do is making me feel out of breath ☹ Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I’m a 31 year old mum of two and me and my partner both have it so pretty tough atm with kids in the house.
Myself (28) partner and 3 Yr old son had it in March before the vaccine was available. Son recovered in a few days. Took myself and partner about 2/3 weeks in total to recover smell and stop coughing. Started to feel more normal after a week and a half. Was like a very horrible dose of flu. My other half also has mild asthma and he fully recovered. Hope you all feel better soon 🤒

I had 2nd jab yesterday at grab a jab walk in pfizer clinic at gps thats near me but not mine.
Was bit less stressful than mass vaccination site at stadium which was super busy, trek across town and felt like I was queuing at a airport.
We are so fortunate so many lovley people volunteer their time to make our successful vaccination programme possible everyone I met both time was so lovely.
Yesterday it was quiet. Mine was due next week for 2nd been harassed by emails for last 4 weeks to bring it forward but with holiday and end of term stuff I just dident have time to budge it any sooner.
Still only 52% Bristol adults are double jabbed.
I have go admit I was stressed about 2nd jab as had sore arm and tiredness after my 1st and feel same today but planning a few days at home.

I had to take child number 2 to senior summer school far away from house via bus which is quiet morning when school off do always arrived early so woukd attempt get a coffee or breakfast snack near school to kill some time.
Within distance of school theres 3 nice independent cafes unfortunately all of them due to covid refused take cash which drove me just go Costa.
Are they using covid as an excuse or do they genuine think covid is contributing to the spread?
Maybe I am unusual i pay all my bills dorext debit, bank transfer , over phone and large or online purchases on my card.
However for me the variable spending so some grocery, treats for me stationary is a huge weakness for me especially with back to school ailse I revert back to a kid and mentally think I need a new coat, handbag and stationary.
For me little treats maybe I'm a saddo is a home magazine, coffee and cake , cheap charity shop bargains like books or jewellery i like to pay cash.
As easier keep track of my money.
With my bank they text me if I'm overdrawn and by how much but its delayed and same if stop get balance on machine if used card that day its never upto date.
So I have a cash envelope for treats as stops me overspending and keep track of my finances now in made to feel awful and dirty for using cash.
Its not even like I'm desperate go to cafe and sit too closely to random people maybe I have become more antisocial and prefer the pub but now msm media saying covid is over im not sure day drinking for mum with kids is socially acceptable.

Had to loan my teenager my card other day as only way she can buy overpriced bubble tea.
Seeks daft decision if teenagers main customer and not all have cards as opening a child bank account is harder than getting into MI5!
Banks still persist with reduced hours and crazy queues.

Was nice not to queue at front primark and nip up thorough quiet back entrance managed get loads reduced cotton masks as think they will be reintroduced over winter.

Last July I loved shopping was fab non essential was open again.
This July don't know whats matter with me I can't be bothered went in small handful of shops city centre was bored and hardly Broughty anything other than dog stuff and food.
Doesn’t help that still struggling shift the lockdown weight gain.
Pleased summer holidays but slightly dreading sept.

I wish we would vaccinate 12 to 15 like every other country.

Reactions: 2
I had 2nd jab yesterday at grab a jab walk in pfizer clinic at gps thats near me but not mine.
Was bit less stressful than mass vaccination site at stadium which was super busy, trek across town and felt like I was queuing at a airport.
We are so fortunate so many lovley people volunteer their time to make our successful vaccination programme possible everyone I met both time was so lovely.
Yesterday it was quiet. Mine was due next week for 2nd been harassed by emails for last 4 weeks to bring it forward but with holiday and end of term stuff I just dident have time to budge it any sooner.
Still only 52% Bristol adults are double jabbed.
I have go admit I was stressed about 2nd jab as had sore arm and tiredness after my 1st and feel same today but planning a few days at home.

I had to take child number 2 to senior summer school far away from house via bus which is quiet morning when school off do always arrived early so woukd attempt get a coffee or breakfast snack near school to kill some time.
Within distance of school theres 3 nice independent cafes unfortunately all of them due to covid refused take cash which drove me just go Costa.
Are they using covid as an excuse or do they genuine think covid is contributing to the spread?
Maybe I am unusual i pay all my bills dorext debit, bank transfer , over phone and large or online purchases on my card.
However for me the variable spending so some grocery, treats for me stationary is a huge weakness for me especially with back to school ailse I revert back to a kid and mentally think I need a new coat, handbag and stationary.
For me little treats maybe I'm a saddo is a home magazine, coffee and cake , cheap charity shop bargains like books or jewellery i like to pay cash.
As easier keep track of my money.
With my bank they text me if I'm overdrawn and by how much but its delayed and same if stop get balance on machine if used card that day its never upto date.
So I have a cash envelope for treats as stops me overspending and keep track of my finances now in made to feel awful and dirty for using cash.
Its not even like I'm desperate go to cafe and sit too closely to random people maybe I have become more antisocial and prefer the pub but now msm media saying covid is over im not sure day drinking for mum with kids is socially acceptable.

Had to loan my teenager my card other day as only way she can buy overpriced bubble tea.
Seeks daft decision if teenagers main customer and not all have cards as opening a child bank account is harder than getting into MI5!
Banks still persist with reduced hours and crazy queues.

Was nice not to queue at front primark and nip up thorough quiet back entrance managed get loads reduced cotton masks as think they will be reintroduced over winter.

Last July I loved shopping was fab non essential was open again.
This July don't know whats matter with me I can't be bothered went in small handful of shops city centre was bored and hardly Broughty anything other than dog stuff and food.
Doesn’t help that still struggling shift the lockdown weight gain.
Pleased summer holidays but slightly dreading sept.

I used to do all my shopping with cash as I found i was wasting so much money paying by card but once I learned to discipline myself food wise I went back to card, however, like you I still use cash for my treats to stay in budget so you're not that unusual. I think part of the probelm now is that with so many banks closing, it's hard for the small businesses to get change. I sold my coffee shop 5 years ago. At the time 70% of my takings were cash and there were 5 banks in the town. My previous business went card only a year ago and there is only 1 bank left in the town. Speaking to another independent cafe owner who opened their business a few months after I sold, when they initially opened 70% of their takings were cash but within 2 years he said it was 90% card.

[/QUOTE]

Why?

Reactions: 8
More than a sticker on offer now View attachment 690457
This week govt want to fight obesity and to launch pilot scheme offering vouchers to lose weight.
This week the govt bribe for the vaccine with free pizza(junk food), cinema (sit on your arse for a few hours, probably whilst munching popcorn and supersize fizzy drink) and take a taxi (why walk/exercise!)
This govt is worth listening to 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I see old Piers is taking a leaf out of the Govs book and accepting backhanders 😀
He's a cock, but tbf taking a backhander is no different to GPs getting paid by the government to administer the vaccines, or in fact pushing any other kind of drugs on us thanks to bribes from pharmaceutical companies 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why?
[/QUOTE]
Because locals schools near me had so many outbreak end summer term they got closed down early.
Eldest has gcses and 2nd child is year 7 so don't want their education to be disrupted.

Its obvious from data schools play a massive part in the spread .
We only not doing it because we don't have enough pfizer.
I don't mean force parents or kids but least give parents a choice.
My 15 year old has asthma and I feel she's equally as vulnerable as a 18 year old uni student as large scale mixing no masks or social distancing.

Reactions: 5

She's right. We need old normal. People shouldn't be looked down upon for wearing a mask or not wearing a mask. The personal choice someone makes should be no concern to anyone else.

Reactions: 9

She's right. We need old normal. People shouldn't be looked down upon for wearing a mask or not wearing a mask. The personal choice someone makes should be no concern to anyone else.
'Happy to stay in Covid restrictions'. The old trick of misrepresenting other people's views in order to bolster your own.

Because locals schools near me had so many outbreak end summer term they got closed down early.
Eldest has gcses and 2nd child is year 7 so don't want their education to be disrupted.

My 15 year old has asthma and I feel she's equally as vulnerable as a 18 year old uni student as large scale mixing no masks or social distancing.

[/QUOTE]

Glad you said not forced. That’s my own personal fear, forced.
I caught covid from my child who picked it up from school. So the link is there.

Myself (28) partner and 3 Yr old son had it in March before the vaccine was available. Son recovered in a few days. Took myself and partner about 2/3 weeks in total to recover smell and stop coughing. Started to feel more normal after a week and a half. Was like a very horrible dose of flu. My other half also has mild asthma and he fully recovered. Hope you all feel better soon 🤒
Thankyou for replying. I’ve had both vaccines. I’m really hope I don’t suffer for too long so glad your partner has made a full recovery! Xxxx

This week govt want to fight obesity and to launch pilot scheme offering vouchers to lose weight.
This week the govt bribe for the vaccine with free pizza(junk food), cinema (sit on your arse for a few hours, probably whilst munching popcorn and supersize fizzy drink) and take a taxi (why walk/exercise!)
This govt is worth listening to 🤣.
The massive pinch of salt that you have to take with everything they dish out can't be doing us much good either 😂

[/QUOTE]
If people want to vaccinate their kids they should let them ...when do English schools return ? ours have only another few weeks but no word from the school on how they're going to operate if the bubbles will still be used or if they're allowed to bring schoolbags etc .

• Haha

Glad you said not forced. That’s my own personal fear, forced.
I caught covid from my child who picked it up from school. So the link is there.
[/QUOTE]

I can see that point. I am against kids being forced it to the point where parents shouldn't even be allowed to choose if their kid has the jab. If you're at school and have a health issue then exceptions should be made if the person who would be jabbed wants it. The opinion of the parents doesn't matter.

China will always get away with it. The rest of the world is scared they will end the world with a nuclear world war 3 if provoked and Brits are still buying made in China labeled products to fund their world dominance. After what China have brought to the world I can't believe any decent person would buy any product that was made there still.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

[/QUOTE]
It's the schools that need to change their rules to stop disrupting children's education not for the children to have an unnecessary jab. If you and your child want them to have the jab because of their Health issues can't they have it?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.