Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I attended a government certified test event today. We either had to show a negative test result from less than 48 hours, or proof we’d had Covid or the vaccine. Every person was scanned in, that was over 18. The vaccine passport produces a bar code, a negative test shows in the nhs app and also you can show you’ve had Covid too, or at least I can in mine. We were also told a doctor’s letter saying we’d had Covid was acceptable. There’s no exemption unless you are under 18 and it was a ticketed event so if you were under 18 the ticket showed that. People who tried to not show proof were turned away and there were police there keeping an eye on things. The only other exemption we’ve been told is someone with serious mental health or learning difficulties and again, a medical letter was required.
It took longer to get in and get to our seats but it all worked ok. Everyone knew it was happening and people just got on with it.
How did you get your covid recovery to show because it’s not coming up on mine and I can’t seem to get any answers as to how to fix it?

No photo ID? Otherwise nothing else matters because just because someone is showing 'proof' it doesn't mean it's from them.

Another anti vaxxer passed away because it was too late to get jabbed once he had it.
The nhs app with your Covid status on your phone is linked to your nhs number and GP. It’s pretty hard to fake that. They were only accepting the nhs app. The event required photo ID for the ticket purchase.

How did you get your covid recovery to show because it’s not coming up on mine and I can’t seem to get any answers as to how to fix it?
It’s in my GP notes (we had it at Christmas) on the nhs app. I can pull it up to show that and it also shows in the app as testing positive as well on the 27/12/20

Reactions: 3
The nhs app with your Covid status on your phone is linked to your nhs number and GP. It’s pretty hard to fake that. They were only accepting the nhs app. The event required photo ID for the ticket purchase.
But the NHS app doesn't have a photo of the person the passport belongs to, so how does the person checking know it belongs to them? You could borrow an NHS letter from a mate or passed a phone by a family member quite easily.

Reactions: 2
I attended a government certified test event today. We either had to show a negative test result from less than 48 hours, or proof we’d had Covid or the vaccine. Every person was scanned in, that was over 18. The vaccine passport produces a bar code, a negative test shows in the nhs app and also you can show you’ve had Covid too, or at least I can in mine. We were also told a doctor’s letter saying we’d had Covid was acceptable. There’s no exemption unless you are under 18 and it was a ticketed event so if you were under 18 the ticket showed that. People who tried to not show proof were turned away and there were police there keeping an eye on things. The only other exemption we’ve been told is someone with serious mental health or learning difficulties and again, a medical letter was required.
It took longer to get in and get to our seats but it all worked ok. Everyone knew it was happening and people just got on with it.
The equalities act 2010, protects the customers right to entry without providing evidence, it’s unlawful to ask someone for “proof” of their exemption according to the nhs website that states

“Your customers may declare a medical exemption directly with you. You and your staff should not ask for evidence of the exemption.

If businesses decide to require evidence of Covid-19 status as a condition of entry, they should ensure that they comply with all the relevant legal obligations (for example, the Equalities Act 2010) and guidance that applies.”

Reactions: 1
Another anti vaxxer passed away because it was too late to get jabbed once he had it.
Firstly, that doesn't make him an anti vaxxer, he was using his right to choose what he wanted to do, unfortunately it didn't pay off for him, but that was his choice.

Secondly, I've given palliative care many times, and I'm sorry, but I don't believe for one minute that his last words were "I wish I had".
Thats sensationalism at it's best, and it completely out of order for that to be quoted. Not one person here could ever say that them, or their loved ones would be thinking to utter those words before being put into an induced coma

• Heart
Reactions: 16
But the NHS app doesn't have a photo of the person the passport belongs to, so how does the person checking know it belongs to them? You could borrow an NHS letter from a mate or passed a phone by a family member quite easily.
Everyone had to show their own proof . I guess you could borrow someone else’s phone for an event to show the app but if you got caught I think it’s possibly some sort of fraud so I don’t know how many people would bother or want to go that far.

Firstly, that doesn't make him an anti vaxxer, he was using his right to choose what he wanted to do, unfortunately it didn't pay off for him, but that was his choice.

Secondly, I've given palliative care many times, and I'm sorry, but I don't believe for one minute that his last words were "I wish I had".
Thats sensationalism at it's best, and it completely out of order for that to be quoted. Not one person here could ever say that them, or their loved ones would be thinking to utter those words before being put into an induced coma
Totally agree. Worked in a hospice for years and I would burn my own body alive before I’d believe that sensationalist bullshit. May he rest in peace.

Reactions: 9

It’s in my GP notes (we had it at Christmas) on the nhs app. I can pull it up to show that and it also shows in the app as testing positive as well on the 27/12/20
Thank you 🙏🏻

Anyone know if it's ok to workout the same day as receiving the 2nd Pfizer jab? I'm 33 year old male and I've heard there are some issues with rare heart inflammation with the second jab. I just wondered if it's a bad idea to workout the same day or not.
I didn't but I did my usual strength training class 2 days after.

Totally agree. Worked in a hospice for years and I would burn my own body alive before I’d believe that sensationalist bullshit. May he rest in peace.
It's absolute bollocks and anyone who believes it and doesn't see it for what it is (scaremongering bs) has truly lost the plot.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Everyone had to show their own proof . I guess you could borrow someone else’s phone for an event to show the app but if you got caught I think it’s possibly some sort of fraud so I don’t know how many people would bother or want to go that far.

See Brighton have it sussed as you have to show photo ID with your NHS app or letter. Then when the photo matches the person showing it to get in you know someone isn't trying to pull a fast one.

I went to a show at the weekend; we were emailed in advance to say we needed negative LFTs to get in. Staff walked up and down the queue outside checking with people, and anyone who hadn't done a test was required to do one then. The text or email with the negative result was checked carefully at the door, for everyone in my group and anyone else I saw. Some of those who'd failed to do a test in advance tried to get in, clutching their test still in progress 😂 but were told firmly NO, a negative test result was a condition of entry and all ticket holders were informed of this in advance.

I'm guessing they made it in for the start of the main act, assuming their test was negative of course!

Reactions: 4

So from tomorrow in France you can't go in a cafe, restaurant etc and already cannot go in bars and other places with more than 50 people. It's no wonder 200,000 people were apparently at the protest. They haven't cracked 50% fully vaccinated yet. It's the business owners I feel sorry for who are going to have less possible customers to make up for a poor year of trade.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4

See Brighton have it sussed as you have to show photo ID with your NHS app or letter. Then when the photo matches the person showing it to get in you know someone isn't trying to pull a fast one.
And as we know from the people that gatecrashed the Euros final at Wembley, a few quid passed discretely to the hired security was enough to bypass any such restrictions.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
How can the science be so different between USA and UK.
I have sinking feeling about the new term.

Random questions why did flu almost disappear autumn winter 2020.
Was it because we had 2 lockdown.
Mandatory masks and some form social distancing?
Or did the flu just go on holiday?

Another question for parents if you had covid or 1 of your children had covid would you send the other kids into school?
Be interesting see how changes to isolating on 16th make a difference.

If you have a cough this winter is it ok go work or school?

How can the science be so different between USA and UK.
I have sinking feeling about the new term.

Random questions why did flu almost disappear autumn winter 2020.
Was it because we had 2 lockdown.
Mandatory masks and some form social distancing?
Or did the flu just go on holiday?

Another question for parents if you had covid or 1 of your children had covid would you send the other kids into school?
Be interesting see how changes to isolating on 16th make a difference.

If you have a cough this winter is it ok go work or school?
There's definitely a big difference between UK and US unless the US are dealing with another variant that they're not aware of 🤷‍♀️ not related to that article bit there's something strange going on with US cases... No I wouldn't send them to school if there was a pos case at home.

I am day 7 of having covid - today I lost my smell and about 50% of taste. Everything I read says this usually happens on day 3/4. I’m worried at this unusual late onset of loss, because I really don’t want to come out of isolation to my 3 year old and pass it on. My case is mild but now I’m worried I’m not as far into it as I thought. Anyone similar and a late loss of smell and taste?
Yes I had covid around 15th July and wasn't fully better until the start of August in terms of energy and wanting to do stuff. I also lost smell and taste. Most of it had come back now but some foods I have to really try to taste it, if that makes sense. Also, I had a garlic chicken curry last night with garlic rice and loads of onion - I could taste it while eating it but afterwards, I'm usually left with a strong garlic and onion taste in my mouth until I brush my teeth but I couldn't taste anything. It's like the taste in my mouth has gone apart from when Im eating - hope that makes sense!

I really hope it comes back properly as I'm a big foodie x

There's definitely a big difference between UK and US unless the US are dealing with another variant that they're not aware of 🤷‍♀️ not related to that article bit there's something strange going on with US cases... No I wouldn't send them to school if there was a pos case at home.
But its same varient delta
I feel we lead similar lives and diets.
I know some states low levels vaccines but so do some places in the UK.

I wouldn't send mine in either
But the new rules say you should.
Just wondering if schools will put it down as unauthorised absence this year now isolating rules changed..
That a double jabbed close contact doesn't have to isolate.
Also a non vaccinated child also doesn't have to self isolate as close contact as if we keep denying kids don't get ill or spread the virus other countries say they do.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.